IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

In other words there is no money available to bring in a centre half.

And why would we? With 3 great talents at CB why waste money to bring in a CB when we can simply blood the 3 we have. They will need to play sometime if they are to become starters.

Is rather spend the money elsewhere in January, wingers most notably.

And why would we? With 3 great talents at CB why waste money to bring in a CB when we can simply blood the 3 we have. They will need to play sometime if they are to become starters.

Is rather spend the money elsewhere in January, wingers most notably.

Mark, it's not just as simple as "blooding the youngsters" if they aren't ready it could ruin them or burn them out. Even before the season kicked off most were in agreeance we needed a centre half I think after what we've seen so far this season we are desperate for one.

Mark, it's not just as simple as "blooding the youngsters" if they aren't ready it could ruin them or burn them out. Even before the season kicked off most were in agreeance we needed a centre half I think after what we've seen so far this season we are desperate for one.

I know what you mean, but I'm all for blooding the youngsters. After all, its the only way you will ever know if they're good enough.

Stones stepped in when Jags (I think) was injured and he flourished last year. Not saying we will be lucky every time but I'm with Ten here, I trust Martinez with introducing the kids at the correct time.

I know what you mean, but I'm all for blooding the youngsters. After all, its the only way you will ever know if they're good enough.

Stones stepped in when Jags (I think) was injured and he flourished last year. Not saying we will be lucky every time but I'm with Ten here, I trust Martinez with introducing the kids at the correct time.

Exactly. And if we wait too long we could inhibit their growth or they could leave due to lack of playing time. One band I play with always auditions people on a gig, the leader says if they can't hack it on the job, they aren't good enough. Seems harsh but it works.

Matt, Stones is/was older than Galloway and he had been playing regulat in the Championship. Galloway has been playing for MK Dons and not long broke into their team.

I'm also all for bringing kids through but in a balanced productive way not "fuck it we're woefully short at CB but we could do with a winger or two so lob some 18 year old kids in at the deep end and they'll sink or swim"

When Distin retires next season (and we'll be lucky to get regular football out of him for much of this) we're seriously short at centre half. We have Jagielka, Stones and Alcaraz (who will never play much more than a third of the season) and thats it other than the kids. Two injuries and we'e playing two kids who are not up to speed and they'll get fucking roasted playing at that level because they aren't yet at that level.

Bit by bit, slowly but surely is the key. We need a cb really badly imo mate we really do.

Matt, Stones is/was older than Galloway and he had been playing regulat in the Championship. Galloway has been playing for MK Dons and not long broke into their team.

I'm also all for bringing kids through but in a balanced productive way not "fuck it we're woefully short at CB but we could do with a winger or two so lob some 18 year old kids in at the deep end and they'll sink or swim"

When Distin retires next season (and we'll be lucky to get regular football out of him for much of this) we're seriously short at centre half. We have Jagielka, Stones and Alcaraz (who will never play much more than a third of the season) and thats it other than the kids. Two injuries and we'e playing two kids who are not up to speed and they'll get fucking roasted playing at that level because they aren't yet at that level.

Bit by bit, slowly but surely is the key. We need a cb really badly imo mate we really do.

Only by a year. I know its cliché but if you're good enough, you're old enough.

I understand the concerns but its more about the bigger picture for me. If we panic buy a CB then 1. we spend money that could be used better elsewhere and 2. we limit the chances for the kids we already have.

I guess for me it would depend on who we would bring in. If its the likes of Nastastic, who we were linked with in the summer, then I'm all for it as he is also a young talent but already good enough.

I would look to bring in another 2 centre halves if i'm honest. I would sell alcaraz for £1m or so, based on his injury problems.

I honestly think Stones could do a job at defensive midfield - not that we should need him there but I look at Jags and Stones as the partnership next year. We could therefore do with another top end centre half and another for potential.

I wish we kept switched on to Eric Dier £4m will be a bargain for him - he and Stones will be a top class partnership for England in a couple of years.

I would look to bring in another 2 centre halves if i'm honest. I would sell alcaraz for £1m or so, based on his injury problems.

I honestly think Stones could do a job at defensive midfield - not that we should need him there but I look at Jags and Stones as the partnership next year. We could therefore do with another top end centre half and another for potential.

I wish we kept switched on to Eric Dier £4m will be a bargain for him - he and Stones will be a top class partnership for England in a couple of years.

Dier was good for the firSt couple matches but has been torched many times since then and now is seen as their weak point in the back line. He's made quite a few bad mistakes, I don't think he's the future.

Dier was good for the firSt couple matches but has been torched many times since then and now is seen as their weak point in the back line. He's made quite a few bad mistakes, I don't think he's the future.

I do. He's only a kid and will only improve. 4m would've been a steal.

They have been playing him RB, his main position is CB and they like him in there. With a steady and experienced partner - which Spurs don't have he will develop tremendously. I like the look of the lad, similar to Stones.

My old man's 50th this weekend and I bought him one of the Everton Slates, showed him for the first time yesterday and he was made up. Even more so, is its position! Its two stones to the left hand side of the Goodison Road Sign, which is perfect.

Absolutely made up (both of us). They've been well worth it, he gets his own piece of history, with the club he was born into.