IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Anyone writing anything off is just plain stupid. Liverpool managed to drop a 9 point lead in March, there's 9 points between us and second. Not saying it's likely, just saying there are months of the season left, so of course we have a chance of qualifying via the league

Anyone writing anything off is just plain stupid. Liverpool managed to drop a 9 point lead in March, there's 9 points between us and second. Not saying it's likely, just saying there are months of the season left, so of course we have a chance of qualifying via the league

Exactly, if we were four points off a champions league place with five games to go we'd still be in with a great chance; whereas now we're four points off with thirty games to go.

'The boundless optimism that Roberto Martínez brought to the club last season is gone, as are any realistic hopes that Everton could improve upon their fifth-place finish and challenge for the Champions League. The season may be barely under way, but for Everton, “it’s still early” has turned into “it’s too late.”'

...is among the daftest arguments I've come across since, er, yesterday if I'm honest. But it's incredibly daft nonetheless.

Exactly, if we were four points off a champions league place with five games to go we'd still be in with a great chance; whereas now we're four points off with thirty games to go.

'The boundless optimism that Roberto Martínez brought to the club last season is gone, as are any realistic hopes that Everton could improve upon their fifth-place finish and challenge for the Champions League. The season may be barely under way, but for Everton, “it’s still early” has turned into “it’s too late.”'[/size]

...is among the daftest arguments I've come across since, er, yesterday if I'm honest. But it's incredibly daft nonetheless.

Thatsthe biggest load of crap I have heard in a while (the quote not you Mike!). Obviously it doesn't help that we have had a slow start but bar Chelsea and Soton, all of the other potential top 6 clubs have as well. We should have been bang up there and it some senses it is a missed opportunity but we are still in with a big chance of top 4. When the injured players come back we will only get stronger.

How bitter is that from Osman? Cahill's probably 'thee' legend from the Moyes era..... He also never got to say goodbye to the fans. That's one of the most ridiculous claims Ive ever read.

Neville over Cahill? Has Lsman forgot Cahill was here before Neville. Sounds like jealousy to me.

If he left all the "opinion" stuff out and just spoke of the lads giving TC a standing ovation to take the mickey then I think we would have got the message.

It does appear a little daft that TC came out at the end, to be honest i'm glad he did. The whole Moyes thing just wasn't right.

Storm in a teacup though if i'm honest.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fcs-leon-osman-onend-8012935

This is causing a bit of a storm on Twitter at the moment and Cahill favouriting all the Ossie bashing is only adding to it

For someone who has spent his entire career at Everton it's baffling how he doesn't see why Moyes gets a load of shit for how the Fellaini/Baines deals were handled. He was applauded out of Everton, which showed that he was respected for what he'd done here, and it would have been the same when he returned the first time if he and his new club hadn't taken the piss over those deals. No one would have been arsed about bids coming in for Everton players from him, but it was the disrespect shown that was the problem. Martinez did go back to Wigan for players, but we paid what they wanted for their players with only a slight delay over McCarthy - and even before it was sorted we put a decent bid in (it was only £3m short of what they wanted) - that's the difference.

Get your head out of your arse, Ossie.

Edited by Romey 1878

For someone who has spent his entire career at Everton it's baffling how he doesn't see why Moyes gets a load of shit for how the Fellaini/Baines deals were handled. He was applauded out of Everton, which showed that he was respected for what he'd done here, and it would have been the same when he returned the first time if he and his new club hadn't taken the piss over those deals. No one would have been arsed about bids coming in for Everton players from him, but it was the disrespect shown that was the problem. Martinez did go back to Wigan for players, but we paid what they wanted for their players with only a slight delay over McCarthy - and even before it was sorted we put a decent bid in (it was only £3m short of what they wanted - that's the difference.

Agreed. If Moyes came in with a £45m bid to start off proceedings then fans may have been far more tolerant and maybe £48m at the time would have seemed fair. A £28m joint bid was a disgrace - the comments afterwards were worse.

Some apologists tried to make out it wasn't Moyes and was his Chief Exec - i'm sorry but he had the opportunity to say "transfer dealings should remain private and I trust my chief exec to broker the right deals" - but no he tried no way to say it wasn't him with the offer.

Ossie did well out of Moyes. I do like Leon but his comments whilst playing for the club are a little unwise.

For someone who has spent his entire career at Everton it's baffling how he doesn't see why Moyes gets a load of shit for how the Fellaini/Baines deals were handled. He was applauded out of Everton, which showed that he was respected for what he'd done here, and it would have been the same when he returned the first time if he and his new club hadn't taken the piss over those deals. No one would have been arsed about bids coming in for Everton players from him, but it was the disrespect shown that was the problem. Martinez did go back to Wigan for players, but we paid what they wanted for their players with only a slight delay over McCarthy - and even before it was sorted we put a decent bid in (it was only £3m short of what they wanted - that's the difference.

Thats what I was thinking... Its not that Moyes came in for both players, its the way he did it and the condescending manner in which he referred to Everton in his press conferences.

I do think he has a slight point about Cahill. He might not have got to say goodbye but he hadnt played for us for a whole season and he shouldnt have came out first and left the main spotlight for Neville and then Moyes. Its not exactly a big deal though!

Totally agree with all of the above. What really done it for me with Moyes is United bid for Baines on June 29thyet Moyes was on our payroll until July 1st. If he had an ounce of respect for us as a club he would have told the United chief exec to sit on his hands until 2nd July it would not of made an ounce of difference.

The fact he was taking our coin for his wages whilst bidding for our players really infuriated me thn to rub salt in the wounds he hits us with the "bids" for the wig and Baines. Laughable at best.

Osman wants to get his head out his arse and have a nice steaming cup of shut the fuck up!

Smacks of a player who knows his best days are behind him and whose nose is well and truely out of joint under the new regime.

For me, he could fuck off on a free and play golf with his precious Moysey and "Nev" who incidentally was back down the M62 to his beloved United faster than a brides nighty on her wedding night at the first mention of a job offer .

The lot of them can fuck off, none of them are bigger than the club .

Totally agree with all of the above. What really done it for me with Moyes is United bid for Baines on June 29thyet Moyes was on our payroll until July 1st. If he had an ounce of respect for us as a club he would have told the United chief exec to sit on his hands until 2nd July it would not of made an ounce of difference.

The fact he was taking our coin for his wages whilst bidding for our players really infuriated me thn to rub salt in the wounds he hits us with the "bids" for the wig and Baines. Laughable at best.

Osman wants to get his head out his arse and have a nice steaming cup of shut the fuck up!

Smacks of a player who knows his best days are behind him and whose nose is well and truely out of joint under the new regime.

For me, he could fuck off on a free and play golf with his precious Moysey and "Nev" who incidentally was back down the M62 to his beloved United faster than a brides nighty on her wedding night at the first mention of a job offer .

The lot of them can fuck off, none of them are bigger than the club .

yeah pretty much like that.

Ossie is a loyal servant - but who wouldn't be picking up £30k+ for 10 years.

More from Ossie -

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-midfielder-leon-osman-8019368

“I was 31 and felt this was the opportunity. It had slipped through our fingers. I spoke to players after the game and asked what they remembered from the gaffer’s pre-match speech. Everyone recalled the same message: “This is our day so don’t choke. Whatever you do, don’t choke. Listen, don’t choke.”

I'm sure they could think of nothing else but choking after that inspirational speech from the manager :rolleyes: .

More from Ossie -

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fc-midfielder-leon-osman-8019368

I'm sure they could think of nothing else but choking after that inspirational speech from the manager :rolleyes: .

I was just about to post this. It just about sums up what a lot of people have said for a long time.

They are interesting comments further down as well in that they were talking about the next manager after that game.

The club made more than 28m in profit last year and were able to pay of 17m in debt. This is fantastic news for the future. (I just hope this doesn't prompt everyone to demand more players, because financial health is just as important to long-term success.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29843746

Not too excited about the amount of the profit, it's somewhat skewed with the huge hike in TV money that all clubs will have got as well, but I'm really, really happy that we've got our debt down by such a large amount - that will stand us in good stead, and hopefully will give us more security with the banks and if we want to buy quality next summer then it's not necessary that we have to sell first.

Well done, Everton.

Looks very good but lets not forget that 40m came from 3 player sales and there are some very big contracts to be added to the 2014/15 accounts. As postive as the news is regarding the debt going down, it feels a bit like putting a large chunk towards a creditcard knowing you will get to use that again when you need it.