IGNORED

Sam Byram

By the sounds of it they've had to - Byram has heard of their interest and probably said he'll only go there. They'd get less if they forced him to stay and let it go to a tribunal in the summer.

Reading the article Dunc posted, it's a shame we couldn't sign him then loan him to WHU in the meantime.

Not a big lose guys. 4m 22 year old. If he was that good he'd already be playing in the premier league like romelu John stones Galloway have.

Ffs we got some whiners on here.

Like Besic?

Just because he wasn't already playing in the EPL already doesn't mean he isn't that good mate.

Like Besic?

Just because he wasn't already playing in the EPL already doesn't mean he isn't that good mate.

Right and I'm sure he will be solid but people are acting like we missed out on a young messi Ronaldo to west ham. He's a starting rb decent player but has holes in his game. Not like he has the potential of the world either from reports and johnh personal accounts.

I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. We missed out on some others than turned out to be worthless and I'm not losing sleep over this guy. He ain't Seamus Coleman.

Right and I'm sure he will be solid but people are acting like we missed out on a young messi Ronaldo to west ham. He's a starting rb decent player but has holes in his game. Not like he has the potential of the world either from reports and johnh personal accounts.

I'm just trying to be the voice of reason. We missed out on some others than turned out to be worthless and I'm not losing sleep over this guy. He ain't Seamus Coleman.

We've missed out on a talented young RB, a position we're short on. He's not Seamus Coleman now, but I reckon he is probably on par with the Seamus that first started on the right wing for us because of the massive problems he had when defending. Thats just natural for a young player and those errors are amplified when on a bigger stage.

Don't think a single person has reacted as if we've lost the next big thing, pretty much all bar one aren't fussed at all / "it would've been nice but" and are actually wishing the lad good luck as he's chose WHU for legitimate reasons.

That's all I've seen anyway...

Edited by Matt

Dont fault him at all. Seems like yesteryear now but i was bitterly disappointed Lallana chose to play for the shite having been a boyhood evertonian. Actually respect Byram more now after this decision.

thought he was a boyhood red? That's why I didn't mind as much as I would've when he signed

and lallana is a perfect example proving my point. we all wanted him thought he'd be a great player and were a little disappointed when we didn't get him. young, ENGLISH (means more to some than others) and talented. he's been awful and injured. 25m saved. not saying byram will be the same, but just that i'm confident our scouts and RM have a solid RB lined up to sign, Byram wasn't the only option.

i'd prefer a foreigner. cheaper without the english surcharge and possibly more upside since the british media won't have covered them since birth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/boyhood-everton-fan-adam-lallana-4329337

I dont want Lallana now that he has joined the shite but in fairness to him i dont think he should be written off yet. Liverpool has been in shambles since his arrival and he has been a bit unlucky with injuries. Could easily see him join mid table club and returning to prominence.

Edited by AlbanyNYToffee

essentially he wanted to be a first choice right back and we wanted him to be a back up....

yep and i don't blame him for not coming. good try by roberto to get a top quality backup though, can't fault him either. we have seamus coleman who is a key player and top notch RB, i think it best to look for a veteran backup who knows his role or a real youngster prospect aged 18-20 who is okay with riding the pine for a few years.

yep and i don't blame him for not coming. good try by roberto to get a top quality backup though, can't fault him either. we have seamus coleman who is a key player and top notch RB, i think it best to look for a veteran backup who knows his role or a real youngster prospect aged 18-20 who is okay with riding the pine for a few years.

I'd prefer to have someone who had the confidence in their ability to make themselves first choice, whoever the man in possession might be, rather than someone who wants guarantees that they're going straight into the first team.

All speculative though, we don't know the actual reasons; could be purely the emotional pull. In which case fair play.

I'd prefer to have someone who had the confidence in their ability to make themselves first choice, whoever the man in possession might be, rather than someone who wants guarantees that they're going straight into the first team.

All speculative though, we don't know the actual reasons; could be purely the emotional pull. In which case fair play.

Well put mike. After further thought on it the first choice promises are a bit prima Donna. Edited by markjazzbassist