IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="nl"><p>Roberto Martinez's appointment as Everton manager now little short of a formality. Should be official inside 48 hours.</p>— Phil McNulty (@philmcnulty) <a href="https://twitter.com/philmcnulty/status/341633351481950209">3 juni 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guest blueboy122

Dave Whelan just couldn't resist stealing the limelight! Still, it sets the stage for an official announcement with all the details.

Exactly I see when he was spouting his mouth off last week it nearly got him into trouble as he told the media that Roberto had resigned I.E not compensation would be needed to be payed by any other club.

The club then actually came out and said he hadnt resigned he had only been given permission to speak to us and other clubs.

Wigan's HR department must go mad every time they see Whelan infront of a camera.

From The BBC: (From Cake: How the fuck do the BBC bring The Shite into everything!!?? AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)

Everton agree Roberto Martinez compensation with Wigan

Everton have reached an agreement with Wigan over compensation for manager Roberto Martinez and could name him as their boss by Wednesday.

The Spaniard, 39, is thought to have been Everton's first choice to replace David Moyes, who signed a six-year contract to manage Manchester United.

Martinez said last month he would leave Wigan after four years at the helm.

"Bill Kenwright [Everton chairman] and myself have agreed a deal," Wigan chairman Dave Whelan told BBC Sport.

Last week, the Toffees were given permission to speak to Martinez following his request to leave the FA Cup winners after their eight-year Premier League stay came to an end last season.

Whelan originally told BBC Radio 5 live at the time that "Roberto has resigned", but a Wigan statement in response said that Martinez remained in charge at the DW Stadium but had been given permission to talk to other clubs.

Martinez, who joined Wigan from Swansea in June 2009, was a target for Aston Villa in June 2011 but opted to stay. He was also strongly linked with the Liverpool job last summer.

In his first managerial role, Martinez guided Swansea to promotion to the Championship in 2008.

Then he joined Wigan - a team for whom he played for six years from 1995 - keeping the club in the Premier League for three seasons despite working with a lower budget than many of his rivals.

Under his reign, Wigan finished 16th twice and 15th before slipping to 18th this season, although the Latics continued to attract praise for their style of football.

Despite their relegation, Wigan's shock 1-0 FA Cup victory against Manchester City at Wembley means they will compete in next season's Europa League.

He will bring his own men in as part of the back room team.

I doubt he will change the team massively. I've said countless times now he will play 433, for two reasons. It is one of his favoured formations and its not a million miles away from the 451 our players are familiar with.

I'm excited and I'm behind him 100%.

Bit of interesting info here, he's an LLP member (a partner in the business) of a company that was founded in April called 'Proctor House Newcastle LLP' along with 32 others, including Mucha, Fellaini, Osman, Hibbert, Distin, Jelavic, Sam Allardyce and Joe Calzaghe.

Bit of interesting info here, he's an LLP member (a partner in the business) of a company that was founded in April called 'Proctor House Newcastle LLP' along with 32 others, including Mucha, Fellaini, Osman, Hibbert, Distin, Jelavic, Sam Allardyce and Joe Calzaghe.

Whilst playing for Real Zaragoza, Martínez obtained a bachelor's degree in physiotherapy.%5B2%5D He also has a postgraduate diploma in business management, which he obtained from Manchester University.[

The club had to, right? Otherwise, it gives Martinez all the chips when negotiating his personal compensation package.

Not disputing Whelan's right to wheel and deal on behalf of his club, he just shouldn't have gone public before the deal's done.