IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On Everton Facebook page they have a link of a crossing segment of their training yesterday. All of gerrys crosses looked beautiful. I think Ronny will have him start. Love to see us working on crosses instead of just poking around the box :)

I can count on one hand the all players in football which can cross a ball like him. It's beautiful. If he gets fitter he will be a huge part of next season.

Koeman will probably give him till January

He will have to improve or he will be shipped out

He was nowhere near fit enough he lacks stamina.

Because he'd never played enough games at a top level or been made to get fit. Koeman will get him fit (because he'll like his ability).

Koeman will probably give him till January

He will have to improve or he will be shipped out

He was nowhere near fit enough he lacks stamina.

Really!? He's one player I think will thrive and impress under Koeman, I think most managers coming into a new club would love a player of his potential and ability

Really!? He's one player I think will thrive and impress under Koeman, I think most managers coming into a new club would love a player of his potential and ability

He'll be wanting Geri and Mirallas to play off the striker I'd imagine. It's exciting to finally get a manager that wants to use wingers the way they're intended!

Never really understood the fitness thing.

I remember watchibg mates towards the season and feeling that we were much fitter physically.....just didn't have the desire or heart.

Always believed it's an excuse for a top of the game premiership footballer to be able to blame a manager for his fitness.

Remember Owen Hargreaves?

Never really understood the fitness thing.

I remember watchibg mates towards the season and feeling that we were much fitter physically.....just didn't have the desire or heart.

Always believed it's an excuse for a top of the game premiership footballer to be able to blame a manager for his fitness.

Remember Owen Hargreaves?

He hasn't blamed anyone Shukes, you can see he's unfit by the way he's blowing after 60 minutes and standing hands on hips. The lad needs to improve his fitness.

Didn't he get injured right at the beginning of last season or miss part of pre season? I may be wrong tho but I thought he played well faded a little was then left out for a while.

He's the best crosser of a ball we have by a mile I'm sure he's gonna be in the managers plans especially if we keep hold of Lukaku the pair were deadly together last season.

Didn't he get injured right at the beginning of last season or miss part of pre season? I may be wrong tho but I thought he played well faded a little was then left out for a while.

He's the best crosser of a ball we have by a mile I'm sure he's gonna be in the managers plans especially if we keep hold of Lukaku the pair were deadly together last season.

he was dropped close to the January window where there was discussion of Barca maybe triggering their clause in his contract. Injury or not, it's a massive coincidence

Rate him highly, but he got worked out last season twice and didn't add another string to his bow, to predictable.

Whenever he has the ball on the right in the final 1/3, he goes to his right.

After this got found out, when defenders stood off, he played an early cross if it was on. This worked, but relies on Rom getting into a position to get onto the cross, and the defender not beating him, its a low percentage ball (though he is extremely accurate), this rarely creates a chance.

Again, central defenders clued onto this, and re-worked to defend against him.

I believe this is where he is currently stuck. At least under the old system.

I'm interested to see what new tricks he has learnt, and what the new system brings out in him.

I scream every time I see him near the box with the ball to go left. Hope we see it this season to add to his unpredictability.

Massive potential, but still developing.

Rate him highly, but he got worked out last season twice and didn't add another string to his bow, to predictable.

Whenever he has the ball on the right in the final 1/3, he goes to his right.

After this got found out, when defenders stood off, he played an early cross if it was on. This worked, but relies on Rom getting into a position to get onto the cross, and the defender not beating him, its a low percentage ball (though he is extremely accurate), this rarely creates a chance.

Again, central defenders clued onto this, and re-worked to defend against him.

I believe this is where he is currently stuck. At least under the old system.

I'm interested to see what new tricks he has learnt, and what the new system brings out in him.

I scream every time I see him near the box with the ball to go left. Hope we see it this season to add to his unpredictability.

Massive potential, but still developing.

I'm hoping he's given more of a 'free winger' role, to cut inside and support Rom. He did this incredibly well at Barca B, and it got him a tonne of assists.

Understandably his defensive duties may take a knock but if we can get the balance right with the left hand side, the team could move together across the field to compress that side and have the LW drop back into a conventional left mid role and help with defensive duties whilst we chase the ball down.

I'm hoping he's given more of a 'free winger' role, to cut inside and support Rom. He did this incredibly well at Barca B, and it got him a tonne of assists.

Understandably his defensive duties may take a knock but if we can get the balance right with the left hand side, the team could move together across the field to compress that side and have the LW drop back into a conventional left mid role and help with defensive duties whilst we chase the ball down.

agreed, although if we upgrade jimmy mac to someone better they could cover that right side no problem with seamus.

Seems koeman has his eye on this one. Did very well as the out n out striker against Barnsley. Had a goal and could have had 3 more. Also plays well on the wing. I'm glad it already seems he will be featured a lot, I think he's got a lot of talent.

Funny thing is I don't think any of us thought about him as a 9 since he's so small. But links up well, is very fast, makes great runs, and can shoot. Could be the skill set we need in the box. Let the wingers do the holding up.

Could be a big year for him.