IGNORED

Potential line ups / formations...

Matt

I cant believe we dont already have a thread to discuss the new team structure. I know in some threads there is one or two mentions, but nothing specific. If someone has opened one, and Im being blind (very possible), paste the link and I will close this thread.

Romey -

So.... Whats your starting 11 and in what formation. Its getting tricky with all these new additions!

..............Robles................

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

.......Gibson......Felli...........

Mirralas... Deul ... Kone ......

................Jela.....................

I'll be back with more :D

<iframe width="350" height="448" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://lineupbuilder.com/lineup/?p=11&a=1&t=&c=0700db&1=GK_Howard/Joel__388_174&2=ML_Baines/Oviedo__194_48&3=DL_Alcaraz/Distin__288_94&4=DR_Jagielka/Heitinga__285_262&5=MR_Coleman/Stones__197_300&6=DM_Gibson/Lundstram__279_175&7=MC_Osman/Barkley__190_226&8=MC_Fellaini/Grant__188_127&9=WL_Pienaar/Deulofeu/Naismith__116_89&10=WR_Mirallas/Deulofeu/Naismith__111_286&11=FC_Kon%E9/Anichebe/Jelavic__73_175&c2=ffffff&c3=ffffff&output=embed"></iframe>

I'm expecting something like that on opening day against Norwich with the current squad. That's when in possession btw, when we don't have possession that becomes a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with one holding midfielder and two in front. It's painfully obvious we need more central midfielders though.

Edited by Steve_E

---------------Howard---------------

Coleman--Jags--Alcaraz--Baines

---------------Fellaini------------------

--Deulofeu--Barkley---Mirallas--

---------------Kone/Jela--------------

Still think Howard is No one. That kicking scared me watching the frendlys lol

Coleman--Jags--Alcaraz--Baines

---------------Fellaini------------------

--Deulofeu--Barkley---Mirallas--

---------------Kone/Jela--------------

Still think Howard is No one. That kicking scared me watching the frendlys lol

hes definitely someone!

Don't know why you'd put it in General, Matt, so I moved it :).

:doh: thanks mate

Interesting how everyone is starting Robles over Howard. It didn't take long to display in our minds a top-class keeper like Howard.

I put him in my team because i don't think it will be long before he is the no1. Look how much Martinez has talked him up already, he clearly rates him highly.

Coleman-- Jags--Distin--Baines

--------Gibson------Fellaini-------

Deulofeu----Pienaar----Mirallas

----------------Kone----------------

I would agree with that one, maybe with Alcaraz coming in instead of Distin or Robles ahead of Howard.

Robles is normally pretty assured with his distribution (Spurs game aside) so I was surprised to see a couple of dodgy attempted passes where he was probably trying to be a bit cute.

Anyone considering we can actually play Deulofeu as striker? That sounds like a very exciting prospect and I would prefer his creativity up there.

Robles/Howard

Coleman-Jags-Duffy/Alcaraz- Baines

-------Gibbo-Fellaini------------

Mirallas-Barkley-Pienaar

---------Deulofeu

Also, would prefer to ease Distin out because he is getting old.

I see Deulofeu more as the super sub/game changer, don't think he would go straight into the first 11.

Think him or Ross will play and have competition. Smart move by Bobby if you ask me.

Don't care much for what formation we go with next season right now, so long as there's more attacking emphasis and the players actually move on from Moyes stubborn tactics from before and give us a fighting chance to actually go out and do something.

Acutally fair enough, I'd like to see a 4 - 4 - 2 deployed or even a 4 - 3 - 3 if possible. Go out and attack for a change and see where it takes us. I never was in favor of Moyes often favorable lone attacker deployment.

Anyone considering we can actually play Deulofeu as striker? That sounds like a very exciting prospect and I would prefer his creativity up there.

I'd be very surprised to see that happen. Considering the forwards Martinez has trusted in the past (the likes of Scotland, Rodallega, Di Santo, Kone) it's not just about having the skill and vision to get involved in build-up play. A bit of strength to hold up the ball has been a bit of a prerequisite in his lone strikers.

He's not exactly an exponent of the "false 9" style striker that Deulofeu would most likely play up top.

Is the Baines Pienaar romance over then?

At it's best it was brilliant, but did we become too dependant on it!I was thinking if only Jelavic could find his form and Mirallas and Coleman caused as much trouble down the right, then the extra room that created for Baines and Pienaar would be exploited to the max.

Still could happen, surely Pienaar has a couple of seasons left in him.

Is the Baines Pienaar romance over then?

At it's best it was brilliant, but did we become too dependant on it!I was thinking if only Jelavic could find his form and Mirallas and Coleman caused as much trouble down the right, then the extra room that created for Baines and Pienaar would be exploited to the max.

Still could happen, surely Pienaar has a couple of seasons left in him.

I think we'll see Pienaar playing centrally, and linking up with both wings. It shouldn't be scraped, it's one of the best combos anywhere.

I think we'll see Pienaar playing centrally, and linking up with both wings. It shouldn't be scraped, it's one of the best combos anywhere.

Got found out big time by most of the other teams last season though. Baines still had something to offer the team, Pienaar didn't and ended up having a horrible season.

I don't see Pienaar being anymore than a bench player this season, depends if Martinez still strengthens in midfield and where

---------------------Robles

Coleman--Heitinga--Alcaraz--Baines

---------------Gibson--Fellaini

---------Osman----------------Mirallas

----Kone---------Anichebe

A little asymmetric, however it's time for a change from the old predictable system and helps break down teams due to the irregular positioning pulling teams out of their comfort zones when defending.

GK: Which ever has the best distribution, then rotate once out of form.

CBs: Heitinga is the best suited for playing the ball from the back, and I don't think the old guard will be able to acclimatise by the season start plus Alacaraz has experience in his favour.

CM: Destroyer Felli, distributor Gibson. One switching to the left or right side to cover when Baines/Coleman get forward.

Left side: Baines to get forward however with less freedom than usual, acting more as a protective shadow for Mirallas to be the creator.

Right side: Coleman to bomb forward with Osman playing away from the line linking up however helping on the defensive side if Gibson or Felli get forward. Kone to drag the defensive line away. When Coleman tires leave him for the defensive side and bring Deulofeu on to run at the defence.

CF: Anichebe to hold up the ball.

I really don't think we want heits in a RM team. Would rather see us playing short passes through midfield rather than heits long balls. Never saw why people made him out to be a ball playing defender. Always seemed to play the long diagonal ball into the corners for the forwards to chase.

I really don't think we want heits in a RM team. Would rather see us playing short passes through midfield rather than heits long balls. Never saw why people made him out to be a ball playing defender. Always seemed to play the long diagonal ball into the corners for the forwards to chase.

Because them passes make it to the intended players, not the zonal Sam Aladyce-esque crap Distin, Jags, and Howard do. He makes shorter passes more often than them as well, just the long balls standout as their not aimless hoofs.

passing1.png

.....................Robles.................

...........Jags...Alcaraz...Distin....

Coleman...........................Baines

................Felli.....Gibson..........

Deulofeu.......Kone..........Mirralas

have Coleman and Baines as wingbacks, allows the front 3 to have the freedom to play through the centre or wings

Edited by Matt