IGNORED

Tyias Browning

We had a succession of young players that have been progressively better.

Duffy.

Browning.

Galloway.

Holgate.

The problem for these lads is that the team have progressed faster.

Holgate is the level of youngster we need. Unfortunately the rest are a level or more behind.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/20/do-everton-sending-tyias-browning-to-sunderland-already-looks-a/

Wonder if he's found his level or if a year of regular Championship football will allow him to push on with us. There is definitely room at the back for youngsters to make their way into becoming first team regulars. Jagielka and Williams each have to be in the twilight years of their careers.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/20/do-everton-sending-tyias-browning-to-sunderland-already-looks-a/

Wonder if he's found his level or if a year of regular Championship football will allow him to push on with us. There is definitely room at the back for youngsters to make their way into becoming first team regulars. Jagielka and Williams each have to be in the twilight years of their careers.

Too early to tell, he needs game time to develop and learn. The championship is a great place to learn and we will know his level and potential by the end of the season.

I have watched a few of Sunderlands games this season and I have to say both Galloway and Browning look to have enough quality and skill to make it to premier league level, how high, time will tell.

Too early to tell, he needs game time to develop and learn. The championship is a great place to learn and we will know his level and potential by the end of the season.

I have watched a few of Sunderlands games this season and I have to say both Galloway and Browning look to have enough quality and skill to make it to premier league level, how high, time will tell.

Galloway has looked poor IMO. Caught out of position too many times.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think they need to be more realistic with his loan, sending the guys to oxford guarantees they will be bought.  sunderland was too far a reach.  i would say a league 1 side would be best, he will do ok and probably be purchased.

I thought he played a fair amount of games for Sunderland, or at least early season. Wiki says he played 27 times. 

If anything he wuld have benefitted being at a stable club and not one in free fall. We have let some of our kids down with their placement.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I thought he played a fair amount of games for Sunderland, or at least early season. Wiki says he played 27 times. 

If anything he wuld have benefitted being at a stable club and not one in free fall. We have let some of our kids down with their placement.

your underlined statement is what im getting at.  if we know they aren't good enough for us, we should try and place them with the team most likely to buy them from us, instead of being optimistic and hoping he becomes a championship player we should accept league 1 or lower is where most will end up.  just send them there and recoup instead of these loans forever.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

your underlined statement is what im getting at.  if we know they aren't good enough for us, we should try and place them with the team most likely to buy them from us, instead of being optimistic and hoping he becomes a championship player we should accept league 1 or lower is where most will end up.  just send them there and recoup instead of these loans forever.

Ah I get you, thought you just generally meant about putting him in the shop window for all clubs. 

I imagine that was probably the thought with Brownig at Sunderland but things didnt work as they expected.

• 6 months later...