IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

28 minutes ago, StevO said:

The only group in this shit show not to be there when it comes together. A symbolic day to show they are not needed. 

This is a show of the fans taking back ownership of their club and supporting the team, the team knows the actions aren't aimed at them, and have responded to the passionate support shown to them. The board aren't showing their faces because they are in fear of their safety, it's because they are scared to face up to their mistakes and be taken to task, cowards always go into hiding when they have been caught out. What concerns me is that Dyche completely turns the fortunes of the team around and that somehow gets them off the hook. 

12 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

How would you feel if we finish this season ahead of the Reds, for example? Would that change your opinion? It's one thing to focus on the Board's failings when the team is failing, but what if the team succeeds? At what point would the Board get credit?

The fact that people simply see finishing above Liverpool as a barometer of success is why we are the way we are and ironically why they are the way they are. 

Liverpool could finish 1st for all I care, it doesn't have an impact on a successful Everton season for me.

12 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

How would you feel if we finish this season ahead of the Reds, for example? Would that change your opinion? It's one thing to focus on the Board's failings when the team is failing, but what if the team succeeds? At what point would the Board get credit?

You have to separate the achievements of the team on the pitch and the successful running of the club. The two can be mutually exclusive.

Firstly in our case survival is success, so it's a pretty low bar considering the amount of money the club has spent on transfers.

Which brings me to point two, the directors have failed to set up a or follow a coherent transfer policy and hire or back the right manager. Look at how many managers we have had since Moshiri took over, having so many managers is a recipe for failure. You get:

1) Disjointed squads, by that I mean players bought with different strategies /play styles in place.

2) No playing identity.

3) Players with no confidence.

4) Our reputation has taken a noise dive to a point where players don't want to join us, or only will do with a premium pay.

5) Hit and miss scouting policy.

Our DOF's have had no effect, why because either the board are not following their advice / plans, or making sure they are implemented. Thats on the board. If the DOF is failing the board should have replaced them.

Communication is non existent, that's on the board.

Involving fans is very poor, that also is the boards fault.

Look at Silva fails here but great a Fulham, why was that?

Look at Brighton, that is a successfully run club, ours is the opposite.

The first hint is there is hate for the board now. 
Fans won’t give them credit even if they do a complete turn around and start running the club just how we want it ran.

And to be fair… they have been given enough time. And the hatred in the fans means it has to change.

I was there last year and asked on the stadium if I was doing a sit in. When I replied I have to leave straight away to get on my coach… I got nothing but abuse, not a real fan apparently. From the same bunch that sat downstairs with 5 pints at half time and didn’t really watch the match haha.

But this shows just how far the board have pushed them.

And please please get away with this January failure rubbish. 
If anything it’s the opposite.

We went for the targets we wanted, and didn’t just panic buy for the sake of bringing names in when we didn't get them.

Really don’t get why so many fans just want to bring in anything. That’s why we’re where we are now.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

We went for the targets we wanted, and didn’t just panic buy for the sake of bringing names in when we didn't get them.

Really don’t get why so many fans just want to bring in anything. That’s why we’re where we are now.

It’s not just January though shukes.  We knew last year that dcl was a high risk of reoccurring injury.  We sold Richarlison and went into the start of the season with no recognised striker. 

we have gone into this season so awfully prepared.  The mismanagement meant that we couldn’t land Broja who was number one target and maupay and mcneil were basically forced buys as per el bobble. 

it’s a disgraceful situation to be in and it’s been caused by complete lack of governance/push back.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It’s not just January though shukes.  We knew last year that dcl was a high risk of reoccurring injury.  We sold Richarlison and went into the start of the season with no recognised striker. 

we have gone into this season so awfully prepared.  The mismanagement meant that we couldn’t land Broja who was number one target and maupay and mcneil were basically forced buys as per el bobble. 

it’s a disgraceful situation to be in and it’s been caused by complete lack of governance/push back.

Can you explain what mismanagement meant we couldn't get Borja? I don't think there was any chance of getting Borja. If anything they didn't screw up the Borja move, the screwed it ip by putting all the eggs in that basket - just like with Giroud before that.

I saw the team try to get strikers, multiple, but they were all dross in my opinion (including maupay) which is symptomatic of how far we've fallen...you can lay that at the board and I'd 100% agree.

17 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Can you explain what mismanagement meant we couldn't get Borja? I don't think there was any chance of getting Borja. If anything they didn't screw up the Borja move, the screwed it ip by putting all the eggs in that basket - just like with Giroud before that.

I saw the team try to get strikers, multiple, but they were all dross in my opinion (including maupay) which is symptomatic of how far we've fallen...you can lay that at the board and I'd 100% agree.

I listened to the call that el bobble was on.  The reality is that our targets were reduced based on how we needed to structure the payments due to the financial mismanagement of the club.

essentially my understanding is that the premium targets that we could get would need higher payments up front vs spread out and that meant that players like Broja were not obtainable. Yes it’s consequences of stuff that happened seasons before but none the less it’s mismanagement that has left us scraping the barrel. 

Just now, Hafnia said:

I listened to the call that el bobble was on.  The reality is that our targets were reduced based on how we needed to structure the payments due to the financial mismanagement of the club.

essentially my understanding is that the premium targets that we could get would need higher payments up front vs spread out and that meant that players like Broja were not obtainable. Yes it’s consequences of stuff that happened seasons before but none the less it’s mismanagement that has left us scraping the barrel. 

Okay gotcha. Financial mismanagement - with you on that one. Thought you meant we mismanaged the window itself.

Just now, Goodison Glory said:

Okay gotcha. Financial mismanagement - with you on that one. Thought you meant we mismanaged the window itself.

No I think the anger was because we never got anyone, which is short sighted. It’s why we didn’t get anyone is the issue.

people blaming thelwell is ridiculous, yeah I did want to know who signed off on maupay and mcneil but it sounds like they were our only choices. Bad situation to be in. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

It was a failure in that we did not get our targets in, id we have enough targets. Could we of sold Gordon earlier?

It was a success in that we did not bring in players for the sake of it.

50 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It was a failure in that we did not get our targets in, id we have enough targets. Could we of sold Gordon earlier?

It was a success in that we did not bring in players for the sake of it.

Agreed. We needed another striker, since DCL is still struggling for fitness and seems to make a habit of it. I am glad however that we didn’t panic and pay over the top and/or get saddled with more deadwood. It may be a case of that we tried, and they didn’t want to come here, but that still works out in our favor. 

5 hours ago, Shukes said:

I don't want to just bring anything just for the sake of it, tell me who does, I for one am more pissed that the owner and the board have got us in such a shit position that players that were earmarked didn't want to come, so for me that is huge failure that a club like us can't complete with the draw of Southampton over ourselves, that's a failure in any transfer window in my book. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I agree with the rest Haf. Just hit a fan of buying for the sake of it in Jan that’s all. 
A good few comments about the failure of January, when in reality a desperate signing in January means we can’t spend on good targets in the summer. 

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I don't want to just bring anything just for the sake of it, tell me who does, I for one am more pissed that the owner and the board have got us in such a shit position that players that were earmarked didn't want to come, so for me that is huge failure that a club like us can't complete with the draw of Southampton over ourselves, that's a failure in any transfer window in my book. 

Read through the comments, many were calling to bring in pretty much every name that was linked with us. That would have been a massive mistake. 
We find ourselves in this position because we have failed at FFP so badly.

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Read through the comments, many were calling to bring in pretty much every name that was linked with us. That would have been a massive mistake. 
We find ourselves in this position because we have failed at FFP so badly.

This window was the most pivotal window in our history we desperately needed to bring players in to help us in our fight against relegation, so when you say please please get away from this January transfer rubbish then I couldn't disagree more with that statement, we need better players if not automatic starters then decent back ups, the result yesterday doesn't take away the shit we are still in, 2-3 long to mid term injuries to any of them 11 starters means we are in deep shit we don't have decent back up for DCL and he's pretty poor, who replaces Onana who is good enough to replace Tarkowski, Iwobi, Mykolenko the list goes on, instead of strengthening the team our elustreous board managed to only weaken it. I've not read any article by anyone who doesn't think we fucked up this transfer window, the only team not to have secured a signing yet in our worst position for nearly 70 years. 

This was pivotal, we came away from throwing money away and ruining the clubs finances, that I can agree with.

We are the the brink of collapse due to FFP, and you would rather spend more on inferior clubs layers just to add numbers. Others have pointed out… look at Southampton. Have any of their signings strengthened the team?

A business needs to ran smart. And to this point it’s been run a shambles. I for one am glad they didn’t continue the trend which has saw us slump to the bottom of the premier league. 

Time will tell. By the end of the season we will 100% see.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I agree with the rest Haf. Just hit a fan of buying for the sake of it in Jan that’s all. 
A good few comments about the failure of January, when in reality a desperate signing in January means we can’t spend on good targets in the summer. 

Seems a bit extreme mate, just stick to the debating ;)

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This was pivotal, we came away from throwing money away and ruining the clubs finances, that I can agree with.

We are the the brink of collapse due to FFP, and you would rather spend more on inferior clubs layers just to add numbers. Others have pointed out… look at Southampton. Have any of their signings strengthened the team?

A business needs to ran smart. And to this point it’s been run a shambles. I for one am glad they didn’t continue the trend which has saw us slump to the bottom of the premier league. 

Are we? I thought we didn't need to deal with the EPL on transfers anymore? I'm pretty sure the lack of spend this window is to get into the 3rd financial period with no substantial loses and become more attractive to investors. That's my very brief understanding of the situation at least. 

14 minutes ago, Matt said:

Are we? I thought we didn't need to deal with the EPL on transfers anymore? I'm pretty sure the lack of spend this window is to get into the 3rd financial period with no substantial loses and become more attractive to investors. That's my very brief understanding of the situation at least. 

You might be right. I thought we were right on the edge but could easily be wrong.

24 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mate we had money to spend even before the sale of Gordon every player it seems we went for turned us down, one of them preferring Southampton over us. But you seem to think we didn't buy a player out of choice because they weren't good enough. We didn't get a player over the line because the state of our club created by the owner and his board they have made us a team to keep away from if you are a player with ambition, we are looked at like lepers of the league the moment, we 100% needed to recruit to fight the drop to say different is foolish and unwittingly defending our owner and board who in a live interview promised 2-3 new signings this window, what he didn't expect was for those players to say no way are we signing for you, I seriously do not no anyone who's happy we didn't get one player across the line, and if you want to equate it to good business, then all business need to invest in themselves to improve, we did the opposite. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Dont giggle before I say this but Rondon was a recognised striker and Maupay was brought in as well. 

The issue isnt the lack of striker as we proved when Dom came back. It was the shit manager.

McNeil wasnt forced that early in the window. I'd almost certainly guarentee Maupay was on our radar before Dom got injured too.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

No-one bought Broja though. If he was obtainable at a reasonable fee, someone else would have come in for him. 

There is no doubt there has been significant long term financial mismanagement of the club which has been significantly exacerbated since Mohsiri became the owner.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

No I think the anger was because we never got anyone, which is short sighted. It’s why we didn’t get anyone is the issue.

people blaming thelwell is ridiculous, yeah I did want to know who signed off on maupay and mcneil but it sounds like they were our only choices. Bad situation to be in. 

Again, no way were Maupay and McNeil our only choices. 

Its completely ridiculous to say that given the amount of talented footballers outside of the UK who were available at much lower fees.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don't necessarily agree. We don't know the full circs of these transfers so there has to be a pinch of salt and most of the information we hear comes from agents, who are less than reliable.

Dyche said post match there were players identified that he didnt think would improve the group so he didnt want the club to sign them. Likewise if Southampton et al play double the wages we are offering, then they will be more of a draw than we are. Its not something I would be too worried about without knowing the full facts. 

45 minutes ago, Shukes said:

We werent on the brink of collapse but if we paid some of the money other clubs have then we would have been in more trouble in the future.

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

That is a suggestion made by some people around the club (The Esk) but whether its true or not is a different story. 

Dyche suggested money was available but the right players weren't. 

It looks a good decision based on Saturday but there is a long way to go yet! 

40 minutes ago, Shukes said:

You might be right. I thought we were right on the edge but could easily be wrong.

I think that was 2 years ago, maybe 12 months. But the Richarlison deal done before the financial year meant that 2nd year of not spending or something, so we should be in much better shape than the lazy pundits and media suggest. 

32 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We werent on the brink of collapse but if we paid some of the money other clubs have then we would have been in more trouble in the future.

That is a suggestion made by some people around the club (The Esk) but whether its true or not is a different story. 

Dyche suggested money was available but the right players weren't. 

It looks a good decision based on Saturday but there is a long way to go yet! 

No Dyche said for what ever reason we couldn't get the deals over the line he also said I kev the owner and directors were on their phones till the last minute ringing agents and players, his last reason for why they didn't hook anyone was because they didn't want to come here to a struggling team, I personally think that was the biggest reason why we didn't get anyone signed. Nothing to do with Dyche he just got here partly Thelwell and definitely everything to do with the owner and his board.  But it wasn't a decision of our not to sign players it was taken out of our hands by agents and players. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

No Dyche said for what ever reason we couldn't get the deals over the line he also said I kev the owner and directors were on their phones till the last minute ringing agents and players, his last reason for why they didn't hook anyone was because they didn't want to come here to a struggling team, I personally think that was the biggest reason why we didn't get anyone signed. Nothing to do with Dyche he just got here partly Thelwell and definitely everything to do with the owner and his board.  But it wasn't a decision of our not to sign players it was taken out of our hands by agents and players. 

I have just seen another interview (with Collymore) where he added that bit abut coming to a struggling club!

Though that doesnt mean its the players that went to Southampton etc. That was what happened with Danjuma and Im sure it was the same with Enzo Fernandez too 😜