IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Whatever is happening with MSP/777 and all that, as much as I don't like the idea of either of them, needs to be sorted ASAP.

Immediately followed by sorting the boardroom ASAP.

Too many people pointing the finger. It's unbelievable how little accountability there seems to be.

We then need to know what the new owners/board or whatever want to do with Dyche ASAP.

Budgets for transfers need sorting ASAP.

I say this because the transfer window opens 1st June. We would to be on the front foot in an ideal world.

However, the longer this investment > ownership > boardroom > manager thing lingers on for, the more time escapes to make suitable signings.

I know I'm not typing anything you guys don't already know. Us escaping relegation today was nothing but a reminder of the urgency we need things to get moving. The longer this shit drags on, the more chance we have of a rinse repeat next season.

So much to sort out 🙈

Last season we were done in and thought we would be ok.  The fans didn’t have the energy. This year it’s different, fans are fuming, fans know that this lot will not leave without being forced out. 

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're expecting fan pressure to disappear now (like last season) so they can cling on.

I think that’s a given. That’s how life’s cunts operate in most walks of life when they fuck up, slope away and hide until they feel it’s safe to climb out of their holes again and test the waters. There are to many action groups to allow this to happen the pain won’t be forgotten until they go. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’m expecting many fans pressure to drop too.  The big thing this morning is Stubbs has been on talksport, Joe Thomas has a big hit piece in the echo. 

that will hurt them cos it’s not the scruffy little fans that they like to portray us as. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65744005

2 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Feel like the investment deal will need to be in place before he starts axing board members.  No one can leave until they have a replacement lined up due to a minimum number of people on the board right?  So hoping the MSP deal is in place and are a part of the board sooner than later.

That would all be in the company rules, which I’m sure the owner could change if he wanted to. Kenwright did. 
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t wiggle room for change anyway. Surely someone couldn’t stay in post until a replacement is found, not if being removed. 

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

That would all be in the company rules, which I’m sure the owner could change if he wanted to. Kenwright did. 
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t wiggle room for change anyway. Surely someone couldn’t stay in post until a replacement is found, not if being removed. 

All companies I think I’m right in saying have to have a MD and company secretary. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

All companies I think I’m right in saying have to have a MD and company secretary. 

The need for private ltd companies to have a company secretary ended in 2006 but is still required for a Plc. All companies that are private ltd require one director at all times, and 2 directors plus a company secretary for plc. 

I wonder if the axing of the board has to do with financing. Apparently, we barely had enough money to axe Lampard/staff, and buy other replacement managers out of their contracts hence the limited (and often bizarre) short list of replacements.

We definitely need this sorted before we start pre-season. We already look chaotic enough to potential signings. 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

An interesting point in this article that I'd not considered before - "The upcoming window will be Dyche’s first as Everton’s manager. The dynamic of his working relationship with the director of football, Kevin Thelwell, will be interesting, to say the least"

Dyche seems very set on how he wants to run things. I hope he is collaborative. Thelwell has a lot to prove so I'm not suggesting Dyche should acquiesce to him either - but we want a cohesive partnership.

6 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

An interesting point in this article that I'd not considered before - "The upcoming window will be Dyche’s first as Everton’s manager. The dynamic of his working relationship with the director of football, Kevin Thelwell, will be interesting, to say the least"

Dyche seems very set on how he wants to run things. I hope he is collaborative. Thelwell has a lot to prove so I'm not suggesting Dyche should acquiesce to him either - but we want a cohesive partnership.

Technically it's his 2nd.