IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well done to each and every fan that has pushed for this change by the way, no matter how big or small the action.

Often faced with anger and ridicule from their fellow fans, on the end of a smear campaign from the club as well, but they carried on pushing for a better Everton and now we're on our way to that hopefully.

👏👏👏

You’re welcome. My timeline pre dates the blue union. 

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Technically, I'm thanking myself as well but oh well :lol:.

Here’s one I found….

On 10/01/2006 at 15:19, Hafnia said:

I blame Kenwright - he is blue through and through but I know a load of those - it doesn't mean they should be the chairman of what is ultimately a business. Sentiment and enthusiasm does not not make up for shrewd, prudent and at times ruthless business accumen - which he ain't got. He has lied regards the FF - nuff said.

Moyes - I do believe that he does have man management issues - I didn't believe so at first and didn't when told by a person a knows players. I like his single mindedness in a way - but not when it comes to the fact that he can display tactical naivity and allow his personal opinion and morals come between signing the right quality players (not just yes men who will do as they are told). he seems intent on signing honest players - which I take as shorthand way of saying - not good enough but works hard. This is ok in the lower leagues but not when you are playing teams with Henry's, Rooney's, and Coles.

I think the jury is still out on Chief exec as who would have wanted his job? I think the problem is that we are kept in the dark as to how long the club has been in disarray and to what extent.

Did Rooney leave? was he sold? - I think the latter. This indicates there was a deeper lying problem at the club.

You get the feeling with Kenwright that he’s made him self invincible, Teflon Ken. If he is forced to step down as Chairman he will make himself President, we won’t rid ourselves of this corrupt twat until he goes toes up. Let’s hope the fuck I’m wrong again. 

9 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Maybe they've been a shambles because our recruitment has been pathetic....and by all accounts almost nothing to do with the manager in several instances.

9 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Please don't tell me Bill is gonna get a stand named after him as part of a "golden handshake" that would be the ultimate fuck you...

today is progress, hopefully as the week goes on more change and clarity will emerge and we can consider this a new era.

Blooming heck, you tell me not to theorise! 

Laughing my plums off here.   If you ever needed to understand the depth that Bill had manipulated the press to do his bidding in his time at the club - it’s all showing now.

Dominic king sensationalising a club in “chaos” cos the board are getting jettisoned and an ex manager is suing us due to what is no doubt more mid management.   

he does a hit piece in the mail and blustered his way through an interview on talksport.   They are trying to make out we are in disarray because of the change that is needed to correct the disarray!  Just unbelievable 

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Blooming heck, you tell me not to theorise! 

I think we all theorise...coming out with our own opinions/comments on latest events. It's what makes the site so engaging. 

what I was commenting on was how nearly all  of your theories involve some cunningly evil plan by the board that wouldn't be out of place in an Austin powers movie!

I really like your posts on topics such as tactics and player skills. 

anyway hopefully we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

I think we all theorise...coming out with our own opinions/comments on latest events. It's what makes the site so engaging. 

what I was commenting on was how nearly all  of your theories involve some cunningly evil plan by the board that wouldn't be out of place in an Austin powers movie!

I really like your posts on topics such as tactics and player skills. 

anyway hopefully we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

If you look back on my posts about the board, they pre date loads of the stuff we’ve seen. A few of us like Steveo have been very vocal about how corrupt the running of our club appears to be.  

they aren’t stupid, they are dangerous.   I don’t underestimate anything they will do to keep power and earn money

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Good article and agree with most of his points, including the (yet again) a badly worded announcement issued with all the backslapping. 

I don't agree with Esk on his sentiment on the "abruptness" as he calls it. It has been coming for a long time. Yes, the effectivity is abrupt, in the sense that it is "with immediate effect", however, we would all have been extremely annoyed if an announcement came out saying DBB was stepping down by end of July so that a formal transition can be concluded.

He also seems to think that the club has been left high and dry by not having time to find suitable replacements. If that is the case (debatable), then it is the ineptitude of Moshri that has caused that, not the sudden "resignation" that has been demanded for many months.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Shukes, he could have resigned at any point when it became apparent he was being used. He also then didn't have to double down on the lies about the fans by giving that interview.

His legendary status as a player isn't in danger, but he's made this bed now.

If he came out and apologised, extended an olive branch, things might be different even on that score. The ball is in his court.

I do get you, I really do. 
But I also don’t know what he has done so wrong other than he is linked to a pile of shot board. 
Resigning for a sportsman isn’t as easy as you think either. You feel it’s giving up. And if it’s giving up on a club that you love…. It’s all the more harder.

To me, he was there for a presence, nothing more. 

Now if he has done wrong, and I just don't know about it. Then I’ll hold my hands up, bow my head and say “ok that’s different then“. But at the moment I’m under informed, so I’ll just remember him as I did growing up. A top top player and a club legend.

49 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I do get you, I really do. 
But I also don’t know what he has done so wrong other than he is linked to a pile of shot board. 
Resigning for a sportsman isn’t as easy as you think either. You feel it’s giving up. And if it’s giving up on a club that you love…. It’s all the more harder.

To me, he was there for a presence, nothing more. 

Now if he has done wrong, and I just don't know about it. Then I’ll hold my hands up, bow my head and say “ok that’s different then“. But at the moment I’m under informed, so I’ll just remember him as I did growing up. A top top player and a club legend.

He was there to act as a shield for Kenwright,   “Sharpy on a bedsheet”…..  what a load of bollocks.  That’s exactly what he was there for. 

He sat on a board that made disastrous decisions, he poured scorn on protesters, he didn’t walk when the board made accusations about the fans. That was his final chance to save face, but no, he had to play along with the “stay away for our security” bollocks. 

Yeah he’s got his medals, he’s not arsed now.  Getting a good wedge as a NED and no doubt a good pension and payoff. 

he’s sold his legacy, at least he won’t have to sell his medals eh. 

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Ironic that we’re in crisis, when it finally feels like a sensible decision has been made. 

Maybe it’s now dawning on people how strong kenwrights links to media stooges are.  Never have I heard so many journos spout bollocks about a chairman and his love for a club whilst ignoring his failings. 

cant fucking wait for this to be over. The same journos will no doubt have their knives sharpened for the new boys/girls.