IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

Seems we’ve gone from being worried about 777, to some even bigger shit show than we might have known.

Now we just needing someone to take control and show some actual leadership, hopefully getting the club in shape. 

I know there is a lot of scepticism about 777, but I just want them in the door asap just to see the others out of here. 

We need a fresh start and I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt until they give me a reason not to. 
I don’t see why they would sell the new stadium, though I understand the concern. If you want to flip the club for a profit selling it with its assets intact, rather than just being tenants, will be of a higher value. 

I hope it happens quickly. 

I totally agree Steve, we need to get rid of the current owner and what remains of his board while we still have a club left to try and rebuild if not save. Are 777 the answer who knows but not getting rid of Moshiri and given them the opportunity will surely be far worse than Moshiri taking us closer and closer to the abyss. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m absolutely ready to get out of this frying pan and jump straight into a fire. 

They’re asking Genoa fans to pay towards new training facilities. How on earth are they affording to buy us, be able to pay the loans we already have, and pay to finish the stadium?

You might find getting set on fire fun but it terrifies me. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

They’re asking Genoa fans to pay towards new training facilities. How on earth are they affording to buy us, be able to pay the loans we already have, and pay to finish the stadium?

You might find getting set on fire fun but it terrifies me. 

I believe the training facility is being offered as a share option with quite a big guaranteed dividend isn’t it? 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

I believe the training facility is being offered as a share option with quite a big guaranteed dividend isn’t it? 

I think Evertonians should have some sort of share options. 
and I don’t mean the shares they have for the club which are quite expensive 

27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

There is very little we can do about Moshiri selling to 777, so we may as well get behind it and help rejuvinate the club on the back of new owners. We wanted Moshiri and Kenwright out. Looks like we are getting it.

The club is obviously in trouble and not looking in a great place financially. 777 must have confidence in the professionals they have in there organisation to make Everton a better 'club'.

If their ultimate goal is to 'sell' the club and make a profit in 5 or 10 years time, I don't have a problem with this. To make a profit or make the biggest profit then they have to get the club to a better place, both off and on the pitch. Making Everton great again is in 777 best interest. It will not be from selling the family silver so to say.

They might be looking for fans to also spend more. However, if you get good value in what we are expected too buy be it beer or food outside the stadium or insurance or flights through sister companies etc then this can only be a good thing long term. Revenue is going to be key, but not a problem if we get value for our money.

There will be changes, and some we probably we will not like. However, to be a Premiership club and a good one at that, we have to play the corporate game now. We are going to have to expect to pay higher match day ticket prices etc. I am sure if we got to see some decent football that would be more palatable. Sadly some may be priced out. 

777 make have to crack a few eggs to make an omelette, it may feel worst before it gets any better.

It's all very much fingers crossed. 

Its playing the corporate game that I hate the most. It was bad enough having a sugar-numpty but now it's full on business mode and it's really unattractive. Not just an Everton problem, it's the reason I've gone from staying up til 3am to watch Brazils second league for a footy fix to dragging myself to at least follow the text of only the Everton matches. 

It's not a game anymore and that makes me really sad and disinterested. Seeing our club effectively on it's knees at a bukake party is really hard to take. 

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Its playing the corporate game that I hate the most. It was bad enough having a sugar-numpty but now it's full on business mode and it's really unattractive. Not just an Everton problem, it's the reason I've gone from staying up til 3am to watch Brazils second league for a footy fix to dragging myself to at least follow the text of only the Everton matches. 

It's not a game anymore and that makes me really sad and disinterested. Seeing our club effectively on it's knees at a bukake party is really hard to take. 

Matt, I already pay £600 for my season ticket, and that's before travel and food and drink on the day, so for Rob to just brush off what is likely to be a steep hike in prices tells me that he doesn't pay for tickets or have a season ticket.

I'm not talking about the little rises that the club have done over the past two seasons. While they have pushed things it's not unaffordable. But 777 will be really looking to monetize the fans and I expect a huge increase once they get their feet under the table.

I would also expect them to bring the merchandise back in house (a good thing on the face of it) but, again, I expect them to increase prices there dramatically. Shirts are already £65 a pop and that's way overpriced as it is!

They absolutely should be looking to increase our commercial income but that should through sponsorship deals etc (which shouldn't be too difficult given we've had idiots negotiating them in the past), not through bleeding the fans dry.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Matt, I already pay £600 for my season ticket, and that's before travel and food and drink on the day, so for Rob to just brush off what is likely to be a steep hike in prices tells me that he doesn't pay for tickets or have a season ticket.

I'm not talking about the little rises that the club have done over the past two seasons. While they have pushed things it's not unaffordable. But 777 will be really looking to monetize the fans and I expect a huge increase once they get their feet under the table.

I would also expect them to bring the merchandise back in house (a good thing on the face of it) but, again, I expect them to increase prices there dramatically. Shirts are already £65 a pop and that's way overpriced as it is!

They absolutely should be looking to increase our commercial income but that should through sponsorship deals etc (which shouldn't be too difficult given we've had idiots negotiating them in the past), not through bleeding the fans dry.

I wonder if that 53k seater stadium is realistic now because so few will be able to afford it.

I refuse to pay £1000+ a season, or for any addiction to be honest. Thankfully the UK is in such a shit state that I cant afford it even if I want to go. 

Fans are the easy target so first thing will be to fleece them further whilst sitting from afar, utterly untouchable and without care. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I wonder if that 53k seater stadium is realistic now because so few will be able to afford it.

I refuse to pay £1000+ a season, or for any addiction to be honest. Thankfully the UK is in such a shit state that I cant afford it even if I want to go. 

Fans are the easy target so first thing will be to fleece them further whilst sitting from afar, utterly untouchable and without care. 

As I've said previously in this thread back on August 14th...

The 777 model is to drive additional revenue through the fan base. 777 also own insurance companies, credit companies etc. They're looking for fans to buy Everton branded insurance etc.

Our revenue through sponsorships etc. ranks very well (8th best I think) given where we've finished in league in recent seasons. We're regarded as performing well here.

I fully expect season tickets, items purchased at the ground and for these Everton branded products to be pushed at us through membership and websites etc.

Success needs money to invest. Money to invest for football clubs either comes from sugar daddy owners or the fans. The global size of fanbase ultimately drives sponsorship revenues . Global fanbase  primarily grows based on success.

So it's sugar daddy or fans. I'd suggest Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea are your sugar daddy model and Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham are your fan funded model.

Which is it you want?

16 minutes ago, Trigger said:

As I've said previously in this thread back on August 14th...

The 777 model is to drive additional revenue through the fan base. 777 also own insurance companies, credit companies etc. They're looking for fans to buy Everton branded insurance etc.

Our revenue through sponsorships etc. ranks very well (8th best I think) given where we've finished in league in recent seasons. We're regarded as performing well here.

I fully expect season tickets, items purchased at the ground and for these Everton branded products to be pushed at us through membership and websites etc.

Success needs money to invest. Money to invest for football clubs either comes from sugar daddy owners or the fans. The global size of fanbase ultimately drives sponsorship revenues . Global fanbase  primarily grows based on success.

So it's sugar daddy or fans. I'd suggest Man City, Newcastle, Chelsea are your sugar daddy model and Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Tottenham are your fan funded model.

Which is it you want?

I'd rather an actual fan funded model, not the exploit the fans to fund. 

We need all fans and fan groups to come under one umbrella and set up a company owned by the fans and overseen by people appointed by the fans, you pay a one off subscription fee  to become a member of the fans community organisation or whatever you want to call it, and then the fans company is run to generate money through subscriptions donations sponsorships activities and merchandising ect. Once the company has a amassed a certain amount of revenue it then approaches the club to offer cheap loans for one seat on the board, and to make sure the money they loan is just to be spent on players or all footballing matters. I genuinely believe that disgruntled and disillusioned fans want to be part of something that can make a difference and gives them a voice and money talks unfortunately, fan forums relying on the club to engage with them when it suits them and not the fans doesn’t work, fans need a stake hold in their club to make sure there listened to and respected. I’ve know idea how many Evertonian’s there are worldwide, but if only 50% could be encouraged to join for an initial fee of £50-100 and then a yearly subscription of £10-20 plus with other revenue streams as mentioned it wouldn’t take long to reach a significant amount of money that would make the club interested in listening to what we have to say. A similar idea was rolled out in Swindon a few years ago obviously on a smaller scale Swindon doesn’t have anyway near the same fan base to call on, but they set up a fan’s foundation raised a good amount of money, then organised a meeting with the owners got one seat on the board and lent Swindon their money, ensuring it was only spent on player signings and salaries. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

We need all fans and fan groups to come under one umbrella and set up a company owned by the fans and overseen by people appointed by the fans, you pay a one off subscription fee  to become a member of the fans community organisation or whatever you want to call it, and then the fans company is run to generate money through subscriptions donations sponsorships activities and merchandising ect. Once the company has a amassed a certain amount of revenue it then approaches the club to offer cheap loans for one seat on the board, and to make sure the money they loan is just to be spent on players or all footballing matters. I genuinely believe that disgruntled and disillusioned fans want to be part of something that can make a difference and gives them a voice and money talks unfortunately, fan forums relying on the club to engage with them when it suits them and not the fans doesn’t work, fans need a stake hold in their club to make sure there listened to and respected. I’ve know idea how many Evertonian’s there are worldwide, but if only 50% could be encouraged to join for an initial fee of £50-100 and then a yearly subscription of £10-20 plus with other revenue streams as mentioned it wouldn’t take long to reach a significant amount of money that would make the club interested in listening to what we have to say. A similar idea was rolled out in Swindon a few years ago obviously on a smaller scale Swindon doesn’t have anyway near the same fan base to call on, but they set up a fan’s foundation raised a good amount of money, then organised a meeting with the owners got one seat on the board and lent Swindon their money, ensuring it was only spent on player signings and salaries. 

I think this js great in Theory. In practice I just don't see it working or happening. The admin of this is a huge overhead and would take a lot to set-up.

As this forum demonstrates daily (as it should), different fans have different views on how things should be done on everything the club does on and off the pitch. When you're putting your own money in to something most people will expect to have more of a say. Co-ordinating the clarity of a collective single fan voice would be a nightmare. 

Could you imagine let's say £50M for players is raised through your model. Who decides how it gets spent? Fans would not agree on a single amazing player vs 3 prospects. If the 3 prospects turn out to be crap and if the single amazing player gets 8njured in his first match, how long before your average fan stops the subscription payment? How do you forecast subscription levels 3 or 4 years out to see what player wages you can afford for players? It becomes very easy to spend beyond your means if subscription levels drop for any reason.

I think the German league has a part fan ownership mandated? But I think this is always a minority stake and is mainly there to have a voice as opposed to raise investment?

We need serious investment and money and I don't think your model above would raise enough on its own. I would seriously be elated to be proven wrong.

27 minutes ago, Trigger said:

I think the German league has a part fan ownership mandated? But I think this is always a minority stake and is mainly there to have a voice as opposed to raise investment?

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/faq/what-are-the-rules-and-regulations-of-soccer/50-1-fifty-plus-one-german-football-soccer-rule-explained-ownership-22832

Wouldn’t work unless only millionaire fans joined.

Just do the maths. Your average fan could afford what, say £1500 a year?

How many would realistically back it? Maybe 30000? 
Thats 45m. I mean that’s enough to pay wages really. And 30000 fans paying that may also be unrealistic as would they then need to cough up for season tickets as well? If so that number comes down dramatically.

This shows just how unrealistic it’s become to run a premier league club. Absolutely disgusting money.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

This sounds how football should be run. 
Whenever you go over there, you find that tickets are cheaper, as football isn’t made for the rich…. It’s for fans.

I agree.

However, would you describe  the Bundesligue as entertaining, globally appealing and won by a variety of clubs every year?

10 minutes ago, Trigger said:

I agree.

However, would you describe  the Bundesligue as entertaining, globally appealing and won by a variety of clubs every year?

Depends what you find entertaining. I personally can't stand possession based football, utter tedium with maybe a moment of magic. 

Which variety of clubs in England are we talking about? Manchester or London? Boring as fuck and becoming more like the European leagues for predictability. Unless a variety of clubs could win every year, they'd be some very interesting twists and turns only for them all to life the trophies together  :P

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

Depends what you find entertaining. I personally can't stand possession based football, utter tedium with maybe a moment of magic. 

Which variety of clubs in England are we talking about? Manchester or London? Boring as fuck and becoming more like the European leagues for predictability. Unless a variety of clubs could win every year, they'd be some very interesting twists and turns only for them all to life the trophies together  :P

Well I'm certainly not enjoying the return to Sam Allardyce defensive football at the moment.

However, I've just looked up that the Bundesliga has only had 12 different clubs win it since 1963. Not exactly a great model for every club having a chance to win it.

I think I'm just bitter that I think we had our shot with a large amount of money to invest with Moshiri and we completely fucked it up. A club like Newcastle now gets to learn from us exactly how not to do it and with a manager we aledgedly overlooked a number of times.