IGNORED

West Brom (Home)

Matt

I disagree Marco, I thought the last ten minutes we played urgently.

Pienaar especially was putting in a big shift.

The thing with Robertos teams is that he expects them to play the same way from the 1st minute to the 90th. You should show the same urgency and willingness from the first minute to the last which as a concept is right.

Our long balls forward yesterday were diabolical and easily read by the West Brom defenders so that would have been a pointless exercise too.

I think that bringibg ob fresh legs earlier would have allowed us to push that little bit harder at the end of the game.

Thanks lads, you really need to learn the calendar.

Jan, feb, match, April, may, June, Juliet, August, sept, Optimus prime, November, Derek.

I just assumed he's from Boston. There, they pahk the kah in Match.

Friends from overseas always get confused about months, because Sept means 7, Oct means 8, Nov means 9, and Dec means 10 - so why not with months? While it lacks character, I like the Chinese approach: 1-month, 2-month, 3-month, ... 11-month, 12-month.

Edited by Cornish Steve

I just assumed he's from Boston. There, they pahk the kah in Match.

Friends from overseas always get confused about months, because Sept means 7, Oct means 8, Nov means 9, and Dec means 10 - so why not with months? While it lacks character, I like the Chinese approach: 1-month, 2-month, 3-month, ... 11-month, 12-month.

July-ius and Augustus' fault!

It was getting on my nerves on Saturday how much possession we but couldn't get the ball in the back of the net. We left ourselves open at times and against a bigger team would have been punished.

It is okay to have possession but you need to do something with it. I agree if we made the subs a bit sooner we might of got something from it but hey ho, lets see how we get on against Cardiff on Saturday.

Not worried about the performance, early days and we did control most of the match despite not creating many clear cut chances. We couldn't get into good positions up front really and the passing was a bit too slow for my liking. We also rarely tried to do things differently which was annoying. Hopefully Martinez is capable of adapting our team's short passing game when needed.

I was more disappointed about the atmosphere tbh, it was like a morgue after all the buzz around the place pre kick-off. It was like everyone was waiting for the first goal, but it was quite poor for a new manager's first competitive home match. I was hopeful we'd carry the atmosphere of Moyes' last game into this one.

Edited by Fearthainn

I've been jealous of City for some time because they have videos like this for every game and training session. I too hope it becomes a regular thing.

I'd prefer it if there was a bit of "candid" conversation in there (like City's version) rather than just music.