IGNORED

West Brom (Home)

Matt

plenty of good possession, a bit poo in the final third though, we should going into the break ahead imo. Gerard for a home debut in the second half, COYB!!

Hes not the Messiah. Who should he replace? Jags or Osman? They are the only players below par today.

Id replace Osman with Oviedo and move Pienaar into the middle

Played well enough to be ahead but we just arent finishing these moves off.

I think Coleman needs to stop cutting inside so much and just get to that byline to look for the cut back.

The sooner we get cover at DM the better because Osman just isnt sharp enough. He is doing enough but we need more.

Mirallas needs to get himself into the game a bit more as well because he is looking a little sloppy at the moment. He was getting better as the game went on though.

Jagielka doesnt know what to do at times which is quite worrying. He has been stepping out completely unnecessarily and Long has had the beating of him.

On the flip side, Baines, Pienaar, Felli and Barkley have been very good so far.

WBA came for a draw and they're going to get it unless we improve dramatically in the second half. We have all the possession we could ask for but we just don't move the ball quickly enough. Too often we don't have the skill to make the forward pass under pressure and we're forced back, which restarts the whole move and kills any momentum. Right now teams know they can stop us playing by shutting down the passing game and we haven't shown a competent plan B.

Think RM might have to compromise his principals a bit and use the more direct route to show we can and to provide the threat in behind. Everything is in front of their D and quite comfortable.

Osman just doesn't have what it take to make us tick in this system. :(

Fellaini is quite impressive today. Barkley is trying too hard to repeat last week's performance. Coleman and Baines are adding width to the attack. Osman poor. Defence too slow to shut things down. Jelavic is missing in action. Let's see how RM changes tactics at half-time. I get the feeling that if we score one, we'll score two or three. Has Howard even touched the ball?

thought Barkley played very well for the most part. Agree with the rest though

Hes not the Messiah. Who should he replace? Jags or Osman? They are the only players below par today.

Id replace Osman with Oviedo and move Pienaar into the middle

Ossie needs to come off, but I'd put Jonny in since Ossie is playing deep.

Played well enough to be ahead but we just arent finishing these moves off.

I think Coleman needs to stop cutting inside so much and just get to that byline to look for the cut back.

The sooner we get cover at DM the better because Osman just isnt sharp enough. He is doing enough but we need more.

Mirallas needs to get himself into the game a bit more as well because he is looking a little sloppy at the moment. He was getting better as the game went on though.

Jagielka doesnt know what to do at times which is quite worrying. He has been stepping out completely unnecessarily and Long has had the beating of him.

On the flip side, Baines, Pienaar, Felli and Barkley have been very good so far.

I have to disagree with you there mate I dont think he needs to change his game at all.

Barkley needs to see the early pass more and not hold onto it too long, Coleman needs to stop tackling himself when trying to do a ronaldo, distan needs to stop hoofing it when there no pressure on him, Kaman needs to come off, his confidence is very low, and jelly need to stop ducking mianjng, he's reminding me of a poor Torres........ Other than that am pleased with the dominance once again.... The crowds shit by the way.

WBA came for a draw and they're going to get it unless we improve dramatically in the second half. We have all the possession we could ask for but we just don't move the ball quickly enough. Too often we don't have the skill to make the forward pass under pressure and we're forced back, which restarts the whole move and kills any momentum. Right now teams know they can stop us playing by shutting down the passing game and we haven't shown a competent plan B.

Think RM might have to compromise his principals a bit and use the more direct route to show we can and to provide the threat in behind. Everything is in front of their D and quite comfortable.

Osman just doesn't have what it take to make us tick in this system. :(

Yeh they have come to stop us and so far its working, but its not like we havent had chances.

The whole point about this system is that we play slow and quicken it up when we have seen an opportunity which we have done, If we could make better decisions in the final 3rd we would have scored by now. Going direct against West Brom's CB's isnt going to get us anywhere, especially with Jela not holding the ball up too well.

I have to disagree with you there mate I dont think he needs to change his game at all.

I think he needs to mix it up more. Almost every time he has cut inside and into trouble, either losing the ball or cramping Mirallas' space. Im not saying he shouldnt cut inside but he also needs to go down the outside to create space for others, like Baines does very well.

I think he needs to mix it up more. Almost every time he has cut inside and into trouble, either losing the ball or cramping Mirallas' space. Im not saying he shouldnt cut inside but he also needs to go down the outside to create space for others, like Baines does very well.

I see where you're coming from, I guess its just a learning curve for him.

Still though, when he showed up, I would have never have thought that he would be such a consistant, first team player.

Sixty bloody thousand pounds. Brilliant business.