IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

Here it is - http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/08/22/club-crest-announcement

OUR NEW CREST

In the Clubs 135-year history there have been 10 versions of the official Everton crest.

This year, the Club and its fans will make history by developing the next evolution of the crest, together.

For the first time, all Evertonians will have their say on what the Club crest should look like and ultimately select the design that will be used from the 2014/15 season onwards.

The Club prides itself on its ability to embrace feedback. The extensive consultation process will ensure all supporters play a fundamental role in the development of the next piece of Everton history.

WHY ARE WE CHANGING THE CREST?

Our previous crest was often misrepresented and suffered regularly from the omission of key elements, such as our name and year of formation, and the misuse of our Club colours.

In an ever-changing multimedia environment, the challenge of tackling these issues has increased. On 3D and HD TV, on web and on mobile, our previous crest was badly reproduced and, to many fans, often appeared cluttered and outdated.

We have a responsibility to maintain a contemporary, relevant identity for the Club. We recognise the need to do this with diligence and sensitivity - with one eye on the past but also one eye on the future.

You can help deliver a crest that is an instantly recognisable and contemporary representation of the Club. A crest that works effectively wherever it is used from your smartphone to our website, from the side of the Main Stand to the jerseys of our first team. A crest for today, and for the future, but most importantly a crest YOU can be proud of.

CREST CONSULTATION ITS YOUR CHOICE

The first stage of the journey begins today. And we are handing over to you, the fans.

Every Evertonian can have their say and help to shape the new crest design. There are various ways to get involved:

Online - Every fan can complete a questionnaire on evertonfc.com to provide their feedback on how they want the new crest to look and the importance of the individual elements from previous crests. There will also be an option for fans to upload their own designs, sketches or make further comments. More information on this will be available on evertonfc.com in the coming days.

Focus groups - A series of focus groups will be set up with representative supporter groups such as Supporters Clubs, Shareholders, the Fans Forum, the new Junior Fans Forum, the Everton Heritage Society and the Everton Former Players Foundation.

Supporters will have the chance to submit feedback until Sunday 15 September 2013.

It is vitally important that we do our homework and make sure all Evertonians who wish to provide feedback on what is important to them get the opportunity to do so.

Although we cannot guarantee the new crest will be one that is liked by every single supporter, we can guarantee that every single supporter will have had the chance to help shape their new crest design.

Alan Myers, the Clubs Director of Communications, alongside the Clubs Senior Executive Team, will oversee the entire process with key support from Liverpool-based agency Kenyon Fraser who will manage the consultation phase. Kenyon Fraser offer an independent voice and boast a wealth of experience in the marketing sector.

THE FINAL STAGES

Gaining as much feedback as possible from Evertonians is top of the agenda until mid-September and the next phase is to begin designing the new crest.

Independent of the Club, Kenyon Fraser will collate all the suggestions, ideas and feedback from supporters. They will review, interpret and then create design options for the fanbase to vote on.

They will then hand over to you again to make the final decision. The newly designed crests will be presented alongside a detailed explanation of how each one has been developed.

Every supporter with a registered customer number, based on ticket purchasing or membership - an estimated 300,000 fans - will be asked to select their favourite design at evertonfc.com.

The results of the vote will be revealed on Thursday 3 October and the new Club crest, shaped and chosen by Evertonians, will appear on all media, buildings, merchandise and, of course, the famous Royal Blue jersey for the 2014/15 season.

KEY DATES

THURSDAY 22 AUGUST: Crest Consultation: Its Your Choice announced

TUESDAY 27 AUGUST: Consultation period underway

SUNDAY 15 SEPTEMBER: Final day of the consultation period

MONDAY 23 SEPTEMBER: Selection process underway

TUESDAY 1 OCTOBER: Final day of the vote

THURSDAY 3 OCTOBER: The new crest is revealed

I don't get it. We literally just unveiled a new crest like 2 months ago. Was it only supposed to be a temporary crest or have the realized that the majority hate it and want to make amends? If it's the latter then it's pretty fucking impressive that they'd swallow their pride that quickly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01djgw1/Tony_Snell_in_the_Morning_22_08_2013/ Alan Myers talking about it 1 hour and 40mins into the show.

It is the latter THoward, there was a stink about it - several thousand signed a petition asking Everton to revert it.

Yeah I'm aware of the backlash and petitioning. I'm impressed. Here in the US no matter how shitty a design of a jersey/logo/whatever and whatever bickering went into it the team would just put their spin doctors to the test and stick with it for at least a couple of years so not to take a hit both in terms of their pride as well as sacrificing what they've invested into it.

I don't get it. We literally just unveiled a new crest like 2 months ago. Was it only supposed to be a temporary crest or have the realized that the majority hate it and want to make amends? If it's the latter then it's pretty fucking impressive that they'd swallow their pride that quickly.

:rofl:

Have you been living under a rock? They told us they'd be doing this pretty much as soon as the new crest was announced!

Why they didn't go with this in the first place is a bit mad but at least they're putting it right now.

only downside is that theyre not going to offer people to submit their designs. having an external party responsible for the design makes me a bit nervous. still, we will get a chance, I hope we get to see the input as well as the new crest.

''There will also be an option for fans to upload their own designs, sketches or make further comments. More information on this will be available on evertonfc.com in the coming days.''

?

''There will also be an option for fans to upload their own designs, sketches or make further comments. More information on this will be available on evertonfc.com in the coming days.''

?

THE FINAL STAGES

Gaining as much feedback as possible from Evertonians is top of the agenda until mid-September and the next phase is to begin designing the new crest.

Independent of the Club, Kenyon Fraser will collate all the suggestions, ideas and feedback from supporters. They will review, interpret and then create design options for the fanbase to vote on.

They will then hand over to you again to make the final decision. The newly designed crests will be presented alongside a detailed explanation of how each one has been developed.

I shouldve phrased better - "only downside is that theyre not going to offer people to submit their designs that we can then vote on"

we wont be voting on fan submitted designs, it will be something from this Kenyon Fraser company who will use all forms of input to suggest their own.

we wont be voting on fan submitted designs, it will be something from this Kenyon Fraser company who will use all forms of input to suggest their own.

That'd be ridiculous imo, there might be thousands of them....and in all honesty I thought the majority of "fan designs" posted around the web (and on here) as alternatives to the new one were dreadful.

Needs to be a professional design ultimately for me.

That'd be ridiculous imo, there might be thousands of them....and in all honesty I thought the majority of "fan designs" posted around the web (and on here) as alternatives to the new one were dreadful.

Agree. I've even tried myself and it looks awful. Took my favorite bits from each badge and put them together in one design. Thing is, I really like the new badge. Nothing wrong with it at all.

th_rupertstowerbyavinalaffloveevertonfor

th_evertoncrestdesignbyAvinalaffcopyrigh

th_stlukescrestwithmerseyloveevertonforu

th_stlukesandmerseybyavinalaffloveeverto

th_whitenoshield.png

th_smalldisplay.png

th_crestbyloveevertonforum.png

th_outline.png

th_stlukesgoodisonpark.jpg

I've been tinkering over the past week or so, and probably have a few hundred images of various concepts.

I've looked at including the the usual components, and I've also mixed those components with some new ideas, including a totally fresh design on the badge, incorporating St Lukes church, and the river Mersey, which for me, are worth considering. I've also designed a way to bring lots of ideas together, without going over the top.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

then use the external company to filter through them, then propose the best 20 or something. Or like Zoo says, take some and clean them up.

everton-badge.jpg

I like this design.

Me too, but agree completely that it needs to be updated.

And there are still some belters out there:

http://i.imgur.com/MilZ2Em.png

my favourite so far:

9eba26c16d2cbbac72781c89bb441972.jpeg

Edited by Matt

I like that one too Matt, but I don't think the text is necessary. I think "EFC" could be put into those bloks beneath the tower by removing a few blue bits, and I'd put it all in the original shield shape - not the new one.

I think thats the only part I dont think we need, and to be honest I dont really want it. The shield was to encompass everything, to act as a frame but the wreath does that well enough in my opinion. EFC would be easier to implement too, since it could be done in bigger letters without distorting the shape.

then use the external company to filter through them, then propose the best 20 or something. Or like Zoo says, take some and clean them up.

my favourite so far:

That's my favourite too. wouldn't mind ditching the badge like

my favourite so far:

That is definitely a sleek, classy badge. I could wear that on my shirt with pride.

Agree. I've even tried myself and it looks awful. Took my favorite bits from each badge and put them together in one design. Thing is, I really like the new badge. Nothing wrong with it at all.

my favourite so far:

I like that one too Matt, but I don't think the text is necessary. I think "EFC" could be put into those bloks beneath the tower by removing a few blue bits, and I'd put it all in the original shield shape - not the new one.

Thats exactly what I was going for. I went with my favorite elements from previous badges and scrambled them together. Sorry for shoddy work but you get the idea.

everton_mix.jpg?noCache=1377267234

The reaf is new

Circle is new (stole it from PSG)

The scroll is from the 1991-2000 era

The tower is the 83-91 era

The EFC is from 83-91 era

It should all be the same blue btw. just havent done it yet.

Edited by Peter H