IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

My effort during coffee this morning. Obviously simple and concise is the priority. I'd like to see nil satis nisi optimum being used on a collar or something, like Barcelona has done with mes que un club. All I really did was fool around with the shield. It's rough around the edges but I'm into the strange shape.

I think you should do a few more, talented with a pencil too. I like what you've done, its different from the norm. I dont think I would vote for it, but im sure if you did a couple more i'd like them, using this as a start that is.

I'm not even sure that makes sense.

Like the idea of two liver birds watching over.

Just scrolling around the Internet and saw the CSKA Moscva badge again, it's probably the closest to a finished article, based on our criteria, that's readily available.

Wreath (outside edge)

Space for NSNO (bottom)

1878 (sides)

Replace the ball with Rupert's tower (central)

Replace the star with a ball (top)

Everton or EFC (middle)

Replace stripes with "Mersey waves".

Done.

Edited by tenaciousj

right, Im not the most creative person in the world, certainly not on a computer (this is just with screen capture and PPT, but here are my attempts. I think you might pick up on a theme ;)

Also, I know theyre similar to ones already out there, but I hope theyre different enough so you can see my tweaks on the idea:

EFCbadgeattempt3_zps503a96ec.jpg

EFCbadgeattempt1_zpsad983b74.jpg

EFCbadgeattempt2_zps97866b43.jpg

Concur that the last one looks best, with the latin inscription below the club insignia. No place for it in the above such as on either side of the tower or on one side with the '1878' on the other, as depicted in the first illustration. The width of the tower would seem about right, but the letters (and numbers) need to be omitted and the laurel wreaths brought in a little, to give an overall smaller appearance. Put them underneath if need be.

It it just me that doesn't understand why the word 'Everton is on our badge?' Just look at the Nike logo, it's instantly recognisable and doesn't need 'Nike' underneath it. To me, having Everton under the badge is a sign that it isn't famous/recognised enough and IMO we should drop that from the badge and replace it with NSNO.

Personally, if we had the same badge we have now but with NSNO/Nil Satis Nisi Optimum instead of 'Everton' I'd be happy.

It it just me that doesn't understand why the word 'Everton is on our badge?' Just look at the Nike logo, it's instantly recognisable and doesn't need 'Nike' underneath it. To me, having Everton under the badge is a sign that it isn't famous/recognised enough and IMO we should drop that from the badge and replace it with NSNO.

Personally, if we had the same badge we have now but with NSNO/Nil Satis Nisi Optimum instead of 'Everton' I'd be happy.

Nike have spent and are also able to spend billions of dollars on advertising to make that logo recognisable though.

I can perfectly understand the need for Everton or Everton F.C. to be located on the badge as a way of getting casual football fans to actually know who we are and what the club is called. I'm not sure if most people in the world would be able to pick the Manchester United or Liverpool badge out of a crowd, but many of them will have heard the club names.

Edited by Vranny

im starting to think we have to have Everton in the badge somehow. Like it or not, we are not at the same level of fame as we were, say, in the 80s. Certainly nowhere near the brand size of Nike. Id even go so far as to say its only instatntly recognizable in the UK, I know here in Switzerland very few know who Everton are, even when I show them my wallet (which has the old crest and name on it). Happened in the US, France, Spain, Hungary and Germany when I've been there.

Part of the reason for the new design was for marketing purpose, to make a clearer statement about our club. As sometimes Everton, over the last 10yrs it seems, has been left out of TV screenings which now more than ever, is getting more coverage around the world. We need our name out there, to reach out to new markets and new potential investors.

Part of the reason

It was the whole reason in my opinion, when Sky Sports, BBC and the Liverpool Echo remove elements to fit into their designs, you know your logo isn't working. The article on the BBC website about the change of crest, didn't even show the 'original' crest correctly, they removed the word 'Everton'. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-22679092

When I have added to crest to video games (Football Manager/PES), I'd remove the 'Everton' and '1878' because it wouldn't look like right and the logo would look tiny in comparison to the others.

Matt, top work!

Zoo, nike had the word nike under the swoosh for a very long time. After years and years of advertising they can afford to take it away as it is so symbolic of what they do.

The everton crest without the word everton is not symbolic or well known enough around the world. I don't like having it on there, but we need it really.

Matt, top work!

Zoo, nike had the word nike under the swoosh for a very long time. After years and years of advertising they can afford to take it away as it is so symbolic of what they do.

The everton crest without the word everton is not symbolic or well known enough around the world. I don't like having it on there, but we need it really.

whats the preferred one, Steve?

I quite like the EFC interlinked letters from the 1920's badge. Would like to see that included in the logo instead of Everton FC.

Man after my own heart...

Personally I'd love to see the original 1920 EFC logo incorporated somehow, I love it (I have this shirt)...

everton-1084.jpg

But I appreciate I'm probably in a minority in this.

Sadly it's not going to happen.