IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

Why? For alliteration purposes only?

No (for Mike's sanity), but yes. Could tie it in with our Super Eagles connection and also help attract fans from the US.

In that case, can we be the Everton Packers? Green Bay is my favorite (American) football team.

Yes, I'm kidding.

Read about this in yesterdays programme.

Glad the club has done it, its a good thing.

Ive never really been a hater of the present badge, but disliked the spin the club put on it.

Hopefully, together with some design happy fans, we'll nail it this time and have a badge that suits all commercial and historical needs.

:doh: .

:huh:

Edit: feedback for Avin, the second one looks good. Not commented on the others because I've not liked them. Only thing to improve on the second one is the size of the name. Maybe make it bigger but just EFC?

I'm really hoping the wreath replaces the shield, think it would look very classy

Edited by Matt

Big fan of the wreath, but don't like the band round the tower, it looks like it's been gift wrapped. Both towers look good to me. With C1982, on reincorporating the Liverbird. Liverbird = City of Liverpool, should not only be identified with that horrible lot across the park dragging the image down. Would also help with brand identity a lot more than a tower on Everton valley. If we could have both and still be aesthetically pleasing I'd be happy.

Maybe redesign the shield in the guise of the Liver building (identifies where we are based) with Rupert's tower in it or a more radical change a silhouette of Alan Ball (defines Everton).

Oxi2sC.png

Boom! :afro2:

I'd say good effort Pete but I'd be lying :) it reminds Me of a baddie from an old amstrad/atari game.....sorry mate

Av I like the two designs on the shirts more so the second if it was smaller and had less to it ie n banner. I prefer simplistic designs Myself I'd be happy with just the tower and our motto underneath tbh.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm also from a long line of high quality Catholic guilt, which I dropped 40 years ago much to my Mother's disgust, and I'm not bothered about the church, either, as it's just a building, albeit for Boys Brigade Buggering Methodists supported by those Heathen Protestant Bastards...... sorry, it's a Catholic thing, forgot where I was........... but it's a lot closer to our football ground than any tower, cormorant (Liver bird) or office building.

As we can't agree which, or how many, buildings to have on our badge why just not bother with a building at all? Madness, I know, but there are some nice badges out there without buildings on them and some equally weird ones without buildings on them, too (Southampton's looks like it's been made up of liquorice allsorts and penny sweets and Villa's has a lion on which looks like it's been electrocuted).

If we're looking for identity and marketing from our badge and for people to know where we're from and how proud we are of where we're from then a badge with a coat of arms on is the way forward.

The 1st image below is the Merseyside coat of arms and the 2nd image is the Liverpool coat of arms. These are the way forward. It's just a case of which one? We could knock the cormorant off the top of the Merseyside one and write Everton FC there, instead. There are too many birds on the Liverpool one so remove the cormorant from the flag, top left, and write Everton FC in there.

Maybe it's not to Nike's liking, what with their historic tick and everything, but we're Nike's customers so they can piss off. We buy their merchandise. I want a coat of arms. Americans will lap it up. If we choose the Merseyside one they'll dream of mythical seahorses and griffinhorses (?) defending our shield to their last breath or if we have the Liverpool one they will tell their friends, over a latte, how Neptune rises from The Mersey every Saturday at 3pm, mist settling over bobbing fishing boats, with his weird fishman friend to prod those horrible red shite with his trident to keep them away from Goodison Park.

Decision, decisions.....

merseyside-coat-arms.jpg

Liverpoo.jpg

Maybe it's not to Nike's liking, what with their historic tick and everything, but we're Nike's customers so they can piss off. We buy their merchandise. I want a coat of arms. Americans will lap it up. If we choose the Merseyside one they'll dream of mythical seahorses and griffinhorses (?) defending our shield to their last breath or if we have the Liverpool one they will tell their friends, over a latte, how Neptune rises from The Mersey every Saturday at 3pm, mist settling over bobbing fishing boats, with his weird fishman friend to prod those horrible red shite with his trident to keep them away from Goodison Park.

Brilliant that (wife's being a total pain in the arse tonight so I needed cheering up....thanks) :rofl: .

2 and 5 are good efforts Avin, need a bit of refining but the design looks good to me :) not a fan of the wavy text, might be good with the 70s font we had (72-76 badge) in a flat like in the 2nd one. the 1878 split over the tower, plus our slogan works very well and, from a merchanising point of view, its simple and (should be) easy to replicate

Edited by Matt

Got to go along and say I also favored the last design. Didn't think much of the wavy 'Everton' across the tower, so would prefer it if the name was straight to read. One school of thought on this - if they hadn't fucked around with the crest in the first place after end of last season, we wouldn't even be having this debate in trying our best to come up with a new and improved version from what they did to it, with the initial change or re-design. If it ain't broke, don't fix it etc

I can't do renditions like you lads can. But my idea if you include a liver bird is to do one with outspread wings over the top of the shield shape.

stock-illustration-6109303-eagle-with-sh

Everton badge in the middle Nil Satis Nisi Optimum underneath

PS why not use the name Everton Towers?

Edit: the Americans would love this version:

13026107-wild-eagle-upon-the-shield.jpg

Edited by Rubecula