IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

Excellent stuff Louis, I enjoyed the read about the Everton Beacon, Ma Bushell and Ma Noblett. et al.

I saw an interview on the OS too saying that fans designs will not be considered ...... Why are they wanting fans designs if they are not being considered???

I think what they meant is that a fan's design, as a final option, won't be considered. Design elements will be taken from the designs (fan submitted) but it will be the designers job to come up with the final, polished version.

I think the OS was implying that, no matter how 'polished' your design is, it'll be redrawn/re-imagined by the design house.

I expect that though.

I think what they meant is that a fan's design, as a final option, won't be considered. Design elements will be taken from the designs (fan submitted) but it will be the designers job to come up with the final, polished version.

I think the OS was implying that, no matter how 'polished' your design is, it'll be redrawn/re-imagined by the design house.

I expect that though.

this is what I expect, simply because it saves them the hassle of copyright in case a fan tries to claim money / rights from them.

It's just TOO Chelsea for me.

We'd have too much of an identity crisis alongside their badge. Plus, we work out pretty close to them in a list lineup (alphabetical).

Really like the idea of the left hand one (possibly top, but it appears on the left, on the mobile site)

I fancy something completely new and fresh. That still encompasses everything that we are.

Loved that third entry to the blog, you posted Louis. That blog in general's fascinating.

It's just TOO Chelsea for me.

We'd have too much of an identity crisis alongside their badge. Plus, we work out pretty close to them in a list lineup (alphabetical).

Really like the idea of the left hand one (possibly top, but it appears on the left, on the mobile site)

I fancy something completely new and fresh. That still encompasses everything that we are.

Loved that third entry to the blog, you posted Louis. That blog in general's fascinating.

that one is, mine isnt ;)

:yay:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/09/18/important-crest-information

edit: I have no idea what my Customer Number is anymore!

Matt, log into your Everton account. If you don't have one, register https://eticketing.evertonfc.com/PagesPublic/Login/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fPagesPublic%2fLogin%2fLoggedOut.aspx%3f

I wonder how many of the badge haters online actually have a customer number. :happy:

Have you not got any old tickets Matt? It's printed on them (mine starts with five zeros so probably they all do).

not handy, but called them up and its all sorted. Took 2 mins, was very impressed!

Been registered since 2006 at least (maybe earlier, Im sure I used it at Uni), but not used it for years because I would go through my sister or dad (so they got the loyalty points in case of a Wembley visit) so even if I had a ticket it wouldnt be my number!

Matt, log into your Everton account. If you don't have one, register https://eticketing.evertonfc.com/PagesPublic/Login/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fPagesPublic%2fLogin%2fLoggedOut.aspx%3f

I wonder how many of the badge haters online actually have a customer number. :happy:

couldnt remember the password Av, but like I said, all sorted now :)

apparently 20,000 people took the survey, less than the petition for those against it (last count 24,043). Seems strange!

not handy, but called them up and its all sorted. Took 2 mins, was very impressed!

Been registered since 2006 at least (maybe earlier, Im sure I used it at Uni), but not used it for years because I would go through my sister or dad (so they got the loyalty points in case of a Wembley visit) so even if I had a ticket it wouldnt be my number!

couldnt remember the password Av, but like I said, all sorted now :)

apparently 20,000 people took the survey, less than the petition for those against it (last count 24,043). Seems strange!

Most of the petition voters were bandwagoned and duplicated, not to mention the amount of away supporters who voted for a laugh. I can live with the crest we have.

I keep saying it, but strictly speaking, it's the guys who pay for tickets and sit in the rain every week that should get the vote, and not the forum spammers from armchair land. We can all fantasize about the latest page 3 bird too, but only the lads that get off their arses and take her out will have the chance to get laid.

Most of the petition voters were bandwagoned and duplicated, not to mention the amount of away supporters who voted for a laugh. I can live with the crest we have.

I keep saying it, but strictly speaking, it's the guys who pay for tickets and sit in the rain every week that should get the vote, and not the forum spammers from armchair land. We can all fantasize about the latest page 3 bird too, but only the lads that get off their arses and take her out will have the chance to get laid.

Think Ive picked up on that before, its completely unfair.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that there'll only be 3 options to choose from. I can only guess that they'll do a very modern one, a traditional one and one that meets in the middle?

6 is normally the number you need to get a good selection. However, I can only imagine it's to stop a marginal split.

maybe i need to find my glasses again, but where does it say 3 options?

Thought there would be 10, since there were 400 odd entries on the wall.

How is it unfair ?

I take myself as an example. Ive had season tickets before, went the match for years growing up. That was around 15 yrs of going to Goodison, and I still try and arrange any visits home to coincide with a match.

But due to moving abroad to find work, Ive not been able to go the game every week. My dad and I were actually looking into how we could organize a season ticket + flights as a birthday present, but its just not feasible; neither time wise nor fiscally (for me to get to and from Geneva airport is 50quid alone). Because of this, Im an "armchair" fan who has to search for links online to watch, but in no way is my love for the club less than those who go there each week. For Evertons foreign support, we are stuck with it.

There are some who only check the scores, who never even go out of their way to find the games in local pubs or online. If youre referring to these only, I start to agree but unless you know the reasoning behind why each person does this, you cant make a distinction.

I would class myself as an avid supporter, every day I'm reading forums, checking rumours, scores, seeing how the youth team are progressing etc. Always look for a stream online or watch the game if it's on Sky. Although due to the distance (although I'm only near Oxford...) and other commitments I only get to go to a game every couple of years. I'm not bothered enough to kick up a fuss but I can see why people would get annoyed they're not allowed to vote. They were quick enough to take our opinions with the survey!

Edited by Hoof_It_Nev

I would class myself as an avid supporter, every day I'm reading forums, checking rumours, scores, seeing how the youth team are progressing etc. Always look for a stream online or watch the game if it's on Sky. Although due to the distance (although I'm only near Oxford...) and other commitments I only get to go to a game every couple of years. I'm not bothered enough to kick up a fuss but I can see why people would get annoyed they're not allowed to vote. They were quick enough to take our opinions with the survey!

Surely then you'll have a vote because you'll have a customer number with the ticket office (I'm in the same position).

"Armchair" supporters who never go to a game won't have a number so won't have a vote so I don't see why we're talking about them.

Sympathise with people like Matt who've invested large amounts of time and money over the years but I really don't see how else they could have done it. Anyone have a feasible alternative?