IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

The club seem to be pushing for number one. Martinez shouldn't give his opinion like that and not even acknowledge the other badges.

The annoying thing for me is that they think fans are stupid and don't notice.

"Let's ask the fans what they want by giving them a chance to vote on ideas decided by the club".

It's an Everton badge equivalent of Blind date.

The club seem to be pushing for number one. Martinez shouldn't give his opinion like that and not even acknowledge the other badges.

The annoying thing for me is that they think fans are stupid and don't notice.

"Let's ask the fans what they want by giving them a chance to vote on ideas decided by the club".

It's an Everton badge equivalent of Blind date.

You mean stuff like this too?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BU2RaZgCQAEoema.jpg:large

Everton "legends" hinting at their preferred options?

I'm not into this conspiracy theory stuff but I can't help but get the impression that the other two designs, were created to steer you towards number one.

"Number 2 is similar to the current one, they (fans) won't like that".

"Let's change the biggest element (shield) of the badge and hope they hate the new shape".

"Lets make number 1 exactly like the old ones, nostalgia will definitely hit home and they'll swallow it up".

Bollocks to them.

I was swaying to number two, but then seeing number three mocked up in white (nice work Av) has got me. I really like the idea of the badge in white on the firt, stands out a lot more!

Even with the split on favourites, the fans asked to be consulted, we have been. We wanted to choose from a few, they have let us. Personally i prefere them to the curent one, and they have given us what we wanted. Cant really complain, ok the designs could be better, but still wont make everyone happy.

Edited by StevO

I'm not into this conspiracy theory stuff but I can't help but get the impression that the other two designs, were created to steer you towards number one.

"Number 2 is similar to the current one, they (fans) won't like that".

"Let's change the biggest element (shield) of the badge and hope they hate the new shape".

"Lets make number 1 exactly like the old ones, nostalgia will definitely hit home and they'll swallow it up".

Bollocks to them.

Look at the font on number 3

still has the bloated shield though, thats the thing I hate most about the current design

I agree. The shield itself is outdated (as well as the tower in the other badge designs). It also just has an empty look to it. Three to me looks the most modern and utilizes the space within the crest in the best possible way. I like the designs above that had the third crest with some auburn coloring on the edges. The color-reverse that Avin did looks great as well.

The players represent the club, the fans represent the club and the manager and board represent the club......not a symbol.

All represent the club, to a greater or lesser degree. The crest is the physical and symbolic representation of the club that is displayed on the stadium, the kit, merchandise.

Personally I think all are a lot better than the current one. I prefer no 3 but would be happy with any of the three.

I'm not going to vote cause bill and his henchmen will more than likely fabricate another miraculous idea of setting up another vote in 2015-2016 to gain even further profit from every form of merchandise to be changed once more....I understand it's a business but to pull the wool over the eyes that keep the club ticking is ludicrous.

I just think all of the redesigns look cheap and tbh I have noticed it a lot recently with other clubs badges.

We are a traditional club with traditional and unique values yet every badge brought out by the club so far lacks class and follows the mainstream. Your meant to wear the badge with pride and it should represent the club as a whole but all this badge represents the cheap market orientated mainstream.

A badge isnt going to bring you new fans, it isnt going to lead to additional purchases or anything like that and I cant help but think thats what its all aimed at. Its a joke that someone has even been paid thousands of pounds to design something most fans could and have knocked up in a spare half hour.

From what I can make out, the survey resulted in fans ranking the features of crest in order of importance:

1. Tower

2. "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" text

3. "Everton" text

4. Shield

5. "1878" text

6. Laurel Wreaths

I found it interesting that a lot of people did not want the club's name on the badge, I was one of them.

"Whilst significant numbers of supporters taking part in focus groups felt Everton's Crest should ideally be recognisable without the inclusion of the name, more participants agreed that the inclusion of the name was important to "broadcast" Everton effectively: to other football supporters, in Europe and internationally, with sponsors and through merchandise and to potential new supporters. "

From a design point of view, I think the crest would look better without the "Everton" text. I've seen several people say that they don't like the style of 'Everton' lettering (the font is known as "Matrix"), personally I do like it, but I think that a better font for the Nil Satis Nisi Optimum text could have been found.

I'd be in favor of omitting the "Everton" name from the club crest, or how about as it was in the 1980s with simpy the "EFC" on it's own and nothing more ?. Concur though, it would be beneficial from an exterior standpoint to effectively advertise the club overseas, but other than that, don't think it needs an inclusion. The 1878 can remain wherever it needs to be included.