IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

From what I can make out, the survey resulted in fans ranking the features of crest in order of importance:

1. Tower

2. "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" text

3. "Everton" text

4. Shield

5. "1878" text

6. Laurel Wreaths

I found it interesting that a lot of people did not want the club's name on the badge, I was one of them.

"Whilst significant numbers of supporters taking part in focus groups felt Everton's Crest should ideally be recognisable without the inclusion of the name, more participants agreed that the inclusion of the name was important to "broadcast" Everton effectively: to other football supporters, in Europe and internationally, with sponsors and through merchandise and to potential new supporters. "

From a design point of view, I think the crest would look better without the "Everton" text. I've seen several people say that they don't like the style of 'Everton' lettering (the font is known as "Matrix"), personally I do like it, but I think that a better font for the Nil Satis Nisi Optimum text could have been found.

So at no point, the 'ribbon', was voted for?

If not, why is it back?

On the survey they told you to rank the elements, including the ribbon with the above key elements that you've listed Louis. According to that outcome, the ribbon wasn't even considered in the design, so why did they feel the need to include it?

I think the club have bottled it. Knew they couldn't make a u-turn on the decision to change the crest, so have pulled out an alternative which looks practically the same. Knowing damn well the nostalgic value will win the supporters over.

For me, the ribbon was an option NOONE voted for, buts it's back in. Funny that.

From what I can make out, the survey resulted in fans ranking the features of crest in order of importance:

1. Tower

2. "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" text

3. "Everton" text

4. Shield

5. "1878" text

6. Laurel Wreaths

I found it interesting that a lot of people did not want the club's name on the badge, I was one of them.

"Whilst significant numbers of supporters taking part in focus groups felt Everton's Crest should ideally be recognisable without the inclusion of the name, more participants agreed that the inclusion of the name was important to "broadcast" Everton effectively: to other football supporters, in Europe and internationally, with sponsors and through merchandise and to potential new supporters. "

From a design point of view, I think the crest would look better without the "Everton" text. I've seen several people say that they don't like the style of 'Everton' lettering (the font is known as "Matrix"), personally I do like it, but I think that a better font for the Nil Satis Nisi Optimum text could have been found.

The font on the old badge was Matrix ii Bold from what I can tell. I'm not sure what font was on the newer badge, but Narkisism will get you close.

On the new offerings, it's the same, but the 3rd one looks as though it has been deliberately warped using the bulge effect. Small detail, but enough for the eye to notice subconsciously and dislike lol.

Im probably to late for all this.. but here is my take on the crest... a deviation on the 3rd option. Ive tried to make it modern and progressive looking. Its designed in such a way that it lends itself to embroidery and printing in general.. and the additional colour is to show how it maybe enhanced more than a straight blue.

Cheers all

post-13461-0-80717900-1380070004_thumb.jpg

Not a bad attempt, but fails to meet many of the criteria the club are after in a new crest (e.g. club name outside the crest shape, gradient colouring used rather than solid colouring).

On a personal level I actually think it almost looks too modern. Feel like it would go out of date again in another 10 years. Would rather we go for a more timeless design.

I like the inclusion of a differing shade of blue, as well as the traditional royal blue Everton colours in the crest though. Feel like the new crest options given to vote on look too uniform and boring, and will just fade into the background when used in combination with other largely royal blue designs (i.e. the home strip, the website and other products).

yeah fair call... I have looked at all the criteria and it was on a whim that I threw this together after seeing the 3rd crest and just figured.. 'why not' . point taken on the to modern aspect... I do wonder if the options being voted on are a little 'safe' .. and maybe when it comes to aspects like merchandising etc may come across a little bland. Ive thrown in a 'reverse ' option on the same idea to reflect a blue background... and just for the sake of it I have had a crack at incorporating the name in the crest and demodernised it haha... Thanks for your thoughs!

post-13461-0-32215600-1380078298_thumb.jpg

Agreed the option the club have given are too safe. Should have really given the fans something like 6 options to vote on to actually provide some variety and take some risks with the designs. Ideally they'd provide 6 or so options and then get design feed back as well, rather than put it straight to vote.

Onto your revised efforts I like all three and can't really split them. Not that it'll effect the outcome of our new crest now unfortunately :unsure:

Yeah.. Im wondering if what you put in is what you get out sometimes... so hence my crack at a derivative. Im personally liking the last option now with the text inside the sheild... but as you said the boat has sailed. I equally agree that there should be some risks taken.. and thats often dictated by either the breif or the creativity of the designer... or combination of both. So hence my first remark!

I found this on another site: http://i.imgur.com/XLGcbuf.jpg

The three logos from the club still underwhelm me, I was expecting three designs I liked and a hard choice to make on deciding. They are as bad as each other and worse than the 2012 edition. I noticed on twitter that the designer responsible for the programme design and works for the club retweeted someone's comment that the club's final three are what happens when a logo is designed by committee.

I found this on another site: http://i.imgur.com/XLGcbuf.jpg

The three logos from the club still underwhelm me, I was expecting three designs I liked and a hard choice to make on deciding. They are as bad as each other and worse than the 2012 edition. I noticed on twitter that the designer responsible for the programme design and works for the club retweeted someone's comment that the club's final three are what happens when a logo is designed by committee.

Best i've seen.

I think this will be the last cut for this.. its been been fun progressing it. Subtle changes only really. Balancing out the latin and wreaths.. and slighly embelishing the wreaths themselves. The border is marginally narrowed and the 1878 is a different font. The tower now has a solid blue surround rather than the white....

Will be keen to see the actual final voting for the 3 that have been put up for nomination.... and then will have a cry lol

post-13461-0-25442500-1380149545_thumb.jpg