IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

I couldn't quite comprehend the thread title ?

Had a look at all the designs presented, and first impressions, not really in favor of any of them. The shape appears wrong, and while an improvement on the awful fat design we have now, just couldn't really take to things. Heard the club have actually settled on a new design I read a day or two ago ?

The thread got moved for some reason... if the club has settled on a design that's fine... this is more an exercise in broadening the scope of creativity more than anything else.

I would agree however with the 'plump' look and that it looks hideous (in my opinion). Ive done branding for companies for 20 years or so now and Id have to say now that while it embraces a raft of historical and unique attributes which are absolutely required to maintain its integrity, uniqueness and purpose... it somehow falls short in projecting some other progressive and modern qualities... aspects that reflect the 'now' and the realisation of greater 'buy in' and in the greater context of its scope for greater merchandising/marketing potential.

The thread got moved for some reason... if the club has settled on a design that's fine... this is more an exercise in broadening the scope of creativity more than anything else.

I would agree however with the 'plump' look and that it looks hideous (in my opinion). Ive done branding for companies for 20 years or so now and Id have to say now that while it embraces a raft of historical and unique attributes which are absolutely required to maintain its integrity, uniqueness and purpose... it somehow falls short in projecting some other progressive and modern qualities... aspects that reflect the 'now' and the realisation of greater 'buy in' and in the greater context of its scope for greater merchandising/marketing potential.

It was supposed to have been moved into the general crest discussion thread Robatar but somehow it created its own new numbered one. I've now moved it to where we meant to put it in the first place :).

When is the decision for the new design ? Have they made an annoucement yet or a final date for this issue. Say again, sure I read in recent days a decision has been made, but appears this debate is still ongoing ?

pretty sure the disappointment will be communicated on the 3rd of October

Page 4.2, two designs under "Alternate towers", I actually quite like. The others. Not so much.

Great reading though.

That's a theme park in Staffordshire isn't it

Had a look at the above link incidentally, and for all the fancy scribbles and ideas, just couldn't settle on any one design. Some of them are quite atrocious in actual fact. It's almost as if they gave a class of bored ten year olds some crayons and 'see what you can come up with in fifteen minutes'

This debate will run and run until there is some kind of finalization, or someone can agree on a finished article, but thinking right now, why did they have to tamper with the fucking thing in the first place ? If it isn't broke, don't fix it, etc. Some of the most recent presentations have been borderline ludicrous.