IGNORED

Upcoming crest announcement (2014/15 onwards)

Louis

Fair enough, I actually thought of the water from which includes both, but would be hard to incorporate into a badge. Swayed to the Liver bird as its already part of the clubs heritage.

Did you see the way I did the water thing? I had done it differently too. I'll see if I can find it. (is my font large at the mo btw?)

Liverpool FC. Kopite, redshite, Norwegians, Shankley, Shankley Gates, 5 times, wools, "next year", inappropriate use of the word bitter, 4% lager drinkers, fickle, hypocrites, rag readers, full kit wankers, YNWA, scarf waving false atmosphere, delusional, blind racist idiots...

4% lager drinkers hahahha... That's the worst one of them!

Edited by Quinn31

Just putting in my two cents, but two of the key aims of the change of the crest were to simplify its design (e.g. fit it within a shield or circle) for production purposes, while fitting the club's title within that design (Everton, Everton FC, Everton Football Club. Not just E.F.C.) for commercial and branding purposes.

Any new design should therefore be ticking these two boxes. Keeping that in mind these have been my favourite designs so far: http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25477-upcoming-crest-announcement-201415-onwards/?p=362342, http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25477-upcoming-crest-announcement-201415-onwards/?p=362365, http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25477-upcoming-crest-announcement-201415-onwards/?p=362370

I also like the idea of having Nil satis nisi optimum arching from one end of the wreath to the other to form the circle of the crest for these designs. I also wouldn't mind if we kept the old Everton title font going tbh.

Regarding the River Mersey if it was to be included in the crest I feel that it should be represented in the style of the Merseyside flag.

200px-County_Flag_of_Merseyside.png

Completing the club's survey for the crest consultation, specifically the part regarding which other club's crests you prefer, I really enjoyed the simplicity of Barca and A.C. Milan's designs and their use of club colours and city flags in their respective crests. I feel like something similar could be done for Everton using the Merseyside flag and River Mersey pattern.

Guys to anyone outside the Liverbird is a significant symbol of Liverpool FC. encorporating it into our badge would have us globaly recognised as being the other team!

I can hear it now on my trips to America " hey you must support that other team in Liverpool "

Sorry but i think the Liverbird is taken and should be left or at least onlt have minor representation. Thoughts?

Just finished filling in the questionnaire. The problem I have is what's stopping other clubs fans from voting too? (i.e. - Liverpool supporters picking the silliest options and winning the vote).

The questions have been designed so that there are no 'wrong' or 'silly' answers. They all relate to the info they require.

I'm not worried about other club's fans doing it.

Just having a thought, Avin's incorporated the river mersey in his designs, which I really like. I think the Mersey is one of the most symbolic parts of Liverpool, as a city and has played an integeral part in it's History.

So I was looking around and thought, why not have a boat/ship element in the badge? Even if it's the 'shield'?

Something clever like....

yacht-sailing-logo-design-22410362.jpg

n1uxpv1fhahaspjwbd8k.jpeg

And I am talking JUST for the shield outline? No details like the one above, just the outside 'shape'.

I'll try to do something on it and show you lot.

Just finished filling in the questionnaire. The problem I have is what's stopping other clubs fans from voting too? (i.e. - Liverpool supporters picking the silliest options and winning the vote).

About 5 years ago Birmingham City held an online poll as they thought they should change the music they come out to. The Birdie Song won after Villa, Wolves & Albion fans got wind of it........

Credit one of the GOT lads, but I like this.

logo3.jpg

Press control, and use mouse wheel button at the same time to shrink / enlarge.

Then see how big the image is by the time you can no longer make the text out. Designs like that will never work for that reason. There is a good reason the current badge is very simple with huge letters.

Then see how big the image is by the time you can no longer make the text out. Designs like that will never work for that reason. There is a good reason the current badge is very simple with huge letters.

Why? If it's on a shirt it's impossible to zoom in?

post-7115-0-61807000-1377897600_thumb.jpg
My effort during coffee this morning. Obviously simple and concise is the priority. I'd like to see nil satis nisi optimum being used on a collar or something, like Barcelona has done with mes que un club. All I really did was fool around with the shield. It's rough around the edges but I'm into the strange shape.

Edited by nutmegwolf203

My effort during coffee this morning. Obviously simple and concise is the priority. I'd like to see nil satis nisi optimum being used on a collar or something, like Barcelona has done with mes que un club. All I really did was fool around with the shield. It's rough around the edges but I'm into the strange shape.

Any thoughts on the design aside (and I'm not commenting in a negative or positive way on any designs put forward) brilliant to see someone using a paper and pencil rather than computer graphics!!

I like your sketching talent :)