IGNORED

Andres Guardado

I don't think he's much better than what we already have tbh. I'd rather keep Oveido as they are very similar players (both can play at LB/LW).

With what money we have I'd be looking to see if there is anyway of keeping lukaku if we still have the money remaining from the Felli deal and if we can get something for Jelly. If not I'd be looking at an attacking midfielder who can rotate with Barkley. As it stands that seems to be the only position we have no cover for and it would be good to get someone in with more experience he can learn a thing or two from.

He hasn't been playing well for Mexico (then again who has for that national team) but on his best days, can be a great LB/LW. Being a Yank however, I don't want him near our team :P

Seconded! I don't like his attitude, but I only watch him play against the USA. But I guess I understand the intensity with them being our greatest rivals in the region.

Gossip:

Spanish media say Everton are in for a LB, either Andres Guardado (Valencia) or Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).

Facts:

Both clubs need cash urgently, and Valencia would be easier to convince since they already have Bernat (decent backup LB).

Sevilla also has Fernando Navarro, but they probably feel they can hold onto Alberto Moreno and then sell him for a huge fee (around 15-20M €)

Personal opinion:

No doubts I'd prefer Alberto Moreno, he looks like a future world star.

Guardado is a decent offensive left back but very careless and poor defensively.

Gossip:

Spanish media say Everton are in for a LB, either Andres Guardado (Valencia) or Alberto Moreno (Sevilla).

Facts:

Both clubs need cash urgently, and Valencia would be easier to convince since they already have Bernat (decent backup LB).

Sevilla also has Fernando Navarro, but they probably feel they can hold onto Alberto Moreno and then sell him for a huge fee (around 15-20M €)

Personal opinion:

No doubts I'd prefer Alberto Moreno, he looks like a future world star.

Guardado is a decent offensive left back but very careless and poor defensively.

Agree. He's a converted winger and still plays on the flank for Mexico. I'm just not impressed with him, and if Baines goes in Jan, then I'd really rather we try and get someone else.

Shoudn't we be saving very penny we have for a top striker?

Look at the difference RL is making - they dont come cheap!

Cant see Chelsea letting him go at all and even if they did it would be £25-30m min?

£20m for Baines in the winter transfer window plus £10m made during the summer's transfer dealings equals £30m for Lukaku.

• 9 months later...

Bumped. Could be happening.

Top / All
  1. Parece que luego después de su buen mundial Andrés Guardado está en la mira del Everton.

2. "Andrés Guardado al Everton" Tuvo un gran mundial, seguro peleara por la titularidad, el Everton quedo 5to la temporada pasada, bien x el.

3. Andrés Guardado cerca del Everton.

4. Según @espnsutcliffe el mexicano Andrés Guardado podría emigrar al fútbol inglés con el equipo del @Everton

5. Favorited 59 times

.@joserra_espn: Les tengo una buena noticia, me enteré que Andrés Guardado podría irse al Everton.

1. Guardado emigraria al Everton: Los expertos de Futbol Picante comentan los rumores sobre el futuro del selecc... http://es.pn/Xig7vX

6. El Everton FC está interesado en el mediocampista del Valencia CF, Andrés Guardado. #Fichajes

7. El mexicano Andres Guardado en la mira de un club ingles @Everton #fb

8. El mexicano Andrés Guardado del Valencia, estaría en la mira del Everton. (Vía @espnsutcliffe)

9. Andrés Guardado estaría cerca de fichar con el Everton de la liga inglesa tras no entrar a los planes de el Valencia.

10. .@espnsutcliffe: Yo escuché que el Everton tiene a Andrés Guardado en el radar y que es una de las opciones viables.

11. Andres Guardado to Everton? Would love to see that.

12. El Everton de Inglaterra tendría en la mira al mediocampista mexicano Andrés Guardado. Vía: ESPN

13. Hope Guardado goes to Everton! Another Mexican in England

14. John Sutcliffe confirma que Guardado se irá al Everton, lo cual lo convierte en un serio candidato para reforzar a los Tigres.

15. #TweetularesSportivos En Portugal preguntan por Pulido mientras que Guardado podría ir al Everton #Fichajes

16. Andres Guardado podria irse al Everton Chicharito podria irse al Atleti Ochoa podria irse al Malaga @Werevertumorro podria irse a Dorados

17. Andrés Guardado podría llegar al Everton

18. Andrés guardado close to signing with Everton

19. Dice John Sutcliffe que Guardado se iría al Everton, a ver si ahora sí le atina

1. The Daily Mail's Gossip Column links Sunderland with Ross McCormack and Andres Guardado. http://dailym.ai/1d7SOVM #SAFC

20. Everton Linked With Valencia Winger Andres Guardado: Interesting transfer news are out claiming that Everton a... http://bit.ly/1cior1b

21. Everton: Everton linked with Mexican winger: Valencia winger Andres Guardado has emerged as a January target f... http://bit.ly/19wX0OF

22. Everton eye Los Che schemer: Valencia winger Andres Guardado has emerged as a January target for Premier Leagu... http://bit.ly/19DaMkZ

23. PROFILE: Everton Linked With Valencia’s Versatile Left Winger - http://bit.ly/EvertonWinger

24. Everton FC Transfer Rumour Mill: Blues eye Valencia's Guardado, Martinez scouts Saido Berahino, Heitinga ponders... http://dlvr.it/43qsq3

25. Everton boss Roberto Martínez has already identified Valencia winger Andrés Guardado as his top target for January. (Source: Daily Star)

26. Liverpool plot £17m move for PSG playmaker Javier Pastore, Everton want Guardado, Spurs eye a couple and... http://www.football365.com/transfer-gossip/8945698/Saturday-s-Small-Gossip

27. Everton prepare January swoop for Guardado: Roberto Martinez is set to continue the reshaping of his Everton... http://fb.me/6nXyX1Tiy

Edited by tenaciousj

I quite randomly use to be into mexican football and followed a team called Atlas. And when i followed them they had 3 really good young talents... Guardado was one of them. Hugo rodallega was another(who martinez signed for wigan) and also ochoa who had a good world cup with mexico. Strange to see them all grown up.

Would be good to see him come in and compete with peanuts for a place on that left side

Putting all my Mexico anti-bias aside, Guardado is a solid player. He is actually pretty versatile because he can play on the wing as a midfielder as he did in the World Cup or as a wingback like Valencia used him. If I remember correctly, Valencia loaned him out in January and I am not quite sure how well he ended up doing in the Bundesliga. Versatility is always a good thing and I'd honestly welcome him with open arms, I've always enjoyed seeing him play.

I'm excited by this. Martinez has a way of steering people into the right role. There's potential here. And spending lots of time in Mexico growing up, I'm a huge fan of the national team (despite the massive USA-Mexico rivalry)...now Mexican fans, that's another thing...often, almost always, disgraceful.

From what I've read guadaro is a transfer atsu is a loan, I don't think delafeu's loan was of much use to us.

Atsu is a loan, but if he can play and win us a few point along the way, just like Gerry did, how can that not be useful?

I'm not against atsu if he arrives all well and good but I would rather have gaurdado on a permanent deal. I still say Gerry was all hype and didn't do enough,yeah he scored a couple of goals I know.

What does Gerry have to do with Atsu? They're at different stages of their career - Deulofeu was 19 and had never tasted first-team football before, Atsu is 22 and has played at a high level for Porto and has just had a decent season at Vitesse (I think?).

regarding gerry I replied to stevo who brought him into the equation.

I still say gerry was not that good but good luck to the lad if he makes it at barca.

as I say atsu if he comes will get my support but id still prefer a permanent transfer.

It apparently can be made permanent for a rumoured £6.5m if he impresses

I'm sure his loan fee and wages will be relatively low so it's smart business with a relatively low risk impact if it goes tits up which I firmly believe won't happen

Talented lad with a great future if he gets given the chance and the type of player like Gerry can potentially win a game

Edited by EFC-Paul

From what I've read guadaro is a transfer atsu is a loan, I don't think delafeu's loan was of much use to us.

regarding gerry I replied to stevo who brought him into the equation.

I still say gerry was not that good but good luck to the lad if he makes it at barca.

as I say atsu if he comes will get my support but id still prefer a permanent transfer.

No, you brought him into the equation first.

Does it really matter ? The outcome is still the same gerry got some game time to keep the loan fee down which was linked to the amount of appearances made.

No it doesn't but I'm wondering why you keep talking about them together like they're linked, when they're completely different situations!

Think he's looking at it more as impact players who are both possible loans.

And Atsu would be more a replacing for Jerry wouldn't he?

I hope this one comes off, we need that exciting attacking option.Mirralas had a quiet season and we could do with someone else explosive.