IGNORED

Man City

Memmaclub

Can we keep the run going?

:lol: The Irony...

Dont know what to think of this tbh. Part of me says that we could shock a lot of people with the quality we showed against Newcastle but another part of me says they will probably have a little too much for us to handle. Be interesting to see how Lukaku does against a WC CB like Kompany though. Looking forward to it.

Can we keep the run going?

If Martinez is not going to last the season then I don't think so... but then again I never though Martinez wouldn't last the season unless Real Madrid or Barca come in for him... (you will be reminded of that thread for some time to come)

We need city to have a very tough game tonight, a few knocks and niggles will be a welcome boost and even then we will need to be on our game, especially with Barry missing. Hopefully Gibson will have been put through his paces and be up to some speed.

Really depends which Everton team comes out to play following on from the Newcastle game... the team in the 1st half, or the one in the 2nd. Or the team that came on 2nd half against West Ham or the team that played Fulham. We can't seem to string some consistency together. But here's hoping they've sorted that out, I'm hoping we can nick this by one goal.

I think the three points could be there. Thought straight away there could be a victory to be had and see no reason to change that line of thinking. Team showed enough spirit and desire on Monday at times to give any side a game but want no repeat of that lackluster, complacent load of shit witnessed in the second period. Going for a win, and I think that could just come to pass.

Last time the author of this did a game (one of TTs less optimistic team participants) a surprise win occured over heavyweight oppositon, so could see a repeat of that. You can close down your 'Martinez won't last a season' nonsense after we get a result from this and maintain recent progress.

I really think we have a shot at 3 points. City is hot and cold and they're playing mid week. I could see them really tired for our match since they're going to be putting a huge emphasis on CL this year (after the last couple years of group stage defeats). That being said, I would be totally happy with a Draw away, City is tough and as long as we don't lose I'll be happy.

Missing Barry will be tough, but hopefully Gibson is back to snuff.

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Mccarthy Gibson

Osman Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Or does delafeu start finally?

I think this is the type of game we need to be a little careful with. we beat Chelsea by a goal to nil. but we could have been 3-0 down with some sloppy play in the middle. I

it might sound a little strange but I would drop Lukaku to the bench and maybe start Mirallas up front with more defensive Naismith out wide to start. Let Mirallas give the defenders the run around for 50 min to an hour without worrying about tracking back and then bring Lukaku on and put Mirallas out on the wing.

I thought Lukaku faded a little in the second half against Newcastle, with some sloppy touches. I think he works that hard and give that much that he was done after 60mins. (left on for a hatrick I think).

Against Man City I think Lukaku could do most of his damage when the city player have 60min in their legs following a game against Bayen Munich rather than from the start.

The city type games as when we Martinez earns his corn as a manager - fingers crossed, but I would settle for a draw now.

I think this is the type of game we need to be a little careful with. we beat Chelsea by a goal to nil. but we could have been 3-0 down with some sloppy play in the middle. I

it might sound a little strange but I would drop Lukaku to the bench and maybe start Mirallas up front with more defensive Naismith out wide to start. Let Mirallas give the defenders the run around for 50 min to an hour without worrying about tracking back and then bring Lukaku on and put Mirallas out on the wing.

I thought Lukaku faded a little in the second half against Newcastle, with some sloppy touches. I think he works that hard and give that much that he was done after 60mins. (left on for a hatrick I think).

Against Man City I think Lukaku could do most of his damage when the city player have 60min in their legs following a game against Bayen Munich rather than from the start.

The city type games as when we Martinez earns his corn as a manager - fingers crossed, but I would settle for a draw now.

I like that idea myself although I would totally change formation and instead of just bringing on Lukaku I would bring both him and Jellyfish on together and go for two up front at the end of the game. Jelly is not scoring but does open up defences nicely and the two together could be a lethal duo, especially with Barkley behind them.

If we put in a good show a draw is a certainty with the real possibility of sneaking a win, COYB!

Our last 6 visits to Man City have produced 4 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss.

Our last 12 matches have resulted in 9 wins, 1 draw, and 2 losses.

I therefore conclude that if City play well, they might just sneak a draw, and it's time to remember how good we are and kick their arses yet again.

Had a truly brilliant post in here a couple of hours back about us being a great team and City being a collection of expensive players who often fail to gel.....and then it was lost through a lengthy power cut :dry:.

Trust me....it was Nobel Prize winning good :).

Anyway; we can win this. It'll be a close game I think but no reason we can't stay unbeaten.

No we our going to lose it 15-0, it will be Martinez's heaviest defeat as a manager and your opinion of him not lasting the season will come true. :-D.

In all seriousness though I think City are strong and being on the back of two straight defeats (League and champions league) then City will be wanting to prove the mightiness of there team and show everyone!

Also Everton have got something to prove as well in that we are the only team to be undefeated in the PL and we will be wanting to extend that run even further because if we draw/win then the next two games after that are also "winnable" (I use the quote marks as games we should win we normally draw or lose....not this season though).

Looking forward to the game should be a good one! I first thought it was going to be a City win with it being 3-1 but I have changed my tune a bit and I reckon it is going to be 2-2. COYB!!

I'm worried about this one. We have a great record against Man City, but we can't get too discouraged if we drop points here. Pienaar, and possibly Mirallas, being out makes this an even tougher match-up.

And Barry, of course.

This shows just how stretched were our midfield options before Barry and McCarthy were brought in and Barkley was given a chance to shine.