IGNORED

Nikica Jelavic

Some people say the Italian league is (still) the best in the world ?, (certainly in terms of passion) , and it's still only recent that some fine UK based players went from the english league to Serie A such as Mark Hateley, Liam Brady, Souness and Trevor Francis etc.

The thing is, this rumor or whatever it is, may just come to pass, as I can actually see Jelavic playing in Turin, or if not that, then another Italian side in the future. I just think, it's too premature for such a thing just yet, so therefore Jelavic will be staying where he is. But there's certainly no fantasy involved with this here link.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's all well and good, but I rather suspect he's the type that thrives on goal that he gets. Do agree though that we've not been playing to his strengths at all. Need more balls like the one Oviedo provided for Naismith against Norwich. Crisp passes into the box that an be redirected with one touch. Would love to see more of Fellaini bringing it down, feeding it out wide for someone looking to pick out Jelavic. Unfortunately we seem overly tempted to put it in the air whenever Felli is in the box and that doesn't help Jelly at all.

him and felli would then crowd each other out though...he drags players away to allow runs from the midfield..indirect assists if you like

He is our main goal threat, his job is score goals not drag other players away for his team mates, fact is we don't need to play direct so often and imo Felli would still be better next to Gibson

I've been disappointed by his reaction when things haven't been going his way - he's clearly had his kick up the back side and he needed it.

His work rate for me was very poor compared to that of when he first arrived...it was a "well you aren't helping me so i'm not bothering with that".

Maybe a goal will be all he needs to reignite that fire - Baines giving him a piece of his mind was very telling for me. Baines would not do that unless a player was seriously being work shy, I think Vic has been on the wrong side of one or two.

• 6 months later...

Everton have set a fee of £8m on him. According to this interview, there's a 50% chance of him leaving.

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/vijesti/jelavic-moyes-ce-uspjeti-unitedu-jer-zna-motivirati-clanak-561555

from google translate:

Nikica Jelavic and Mario Mandzukic a little less than a year were the linchpins of Croatian, the Euro in Poland and Ukraine were the terror of the opposing defense. A year after Mario Mandzukic with Bayern won the Champions League, and Nikica Jelavic is more representation on the bench. Posložilo it with Mandzukic playing at the top of the attack.Attacking life is such, Mandza got a chance at Bayern, destroying European gatekeepers, and Is in the Everton goal getter took the post, so typical of all those who live by goals. Nikica was never of those who shook his head. His smile was on his face , it's good mood.

Emotional farewell

- I feel good, physically I'm ready, and that I was not going to score, is another thing. Can not wait for the new season, I really need a good mental break - said Jelavic.

A new season, we have not talked too much. Who knows whether Jelavic be Everton, there are some combinations with a few strong teams from the continent, but there is a contract with Everton. Currently, Jelavic goes or stays, it's somewhere in 50:50. Compensation for the record, Everton searching for him eight million pounds. Everton's David Moyes has already left, went to Manchester United. The man who brought Jelavic from Glasgow to the city of the Beatles no longer lives in Liverpool.

- Is a great motivator, I believe that they will succeed at United. They did not make a mistake as it took. When we parted, it was very emotional.Some players were on the verge of tears, we were at the farewell dinner.The United have the money , that he was missing, I would be able to bring the players he wants, and that he could not in Everton - said Jelavic.

Recalled Moyesovih speech.

- I remember a match with Tottenham. He went into the locker room and said: "Let's show them what awaits them, for them there is currently no worse place in the world of Goodisoana". He always had the right words, he knew what to say - the story Jelavic.

Moyes has some of its method of preparation, which is a lot of practice in England.

- Players who were not with the team took on Tenerife. Have more fun, a little train. He knows when to relax the players - said Jelavic.

Last, but dangerous

For United's new manager says that he can be arrogant?

- Nah, he's not an arrogant guy. He knows the joke, good tease. Become arrogant only if one of the players clowning around. Dutchman Drenthe severely punished several times because this is often late for training . At the end of it, when it is too far, and chased out of the team - he remembered Jelavic.

We went back to Scotland, Jelavic is one of those who knows perfectly.

- Are the last in the group, but we can not understand them frivolous. Will have a few players, but we have to be real, the maximum. In this game you will have to ask us. I'm sure it will be the first in the group!

If he hits form again, he's worth much more than £8m to us although having seen his fall from grace last season I agree it's doubtful he could regain his touch quickly. £8m would be a decent little wedge for the incoming manager to find a gem from somewhere.

I agree. Jelavic hasn't scored as many because the service has been non-existant.

he's missed a fair few sitter, should have had half dozen more goals. He's had plenty of chances, so you can't say the service was non-existent. He's been in some decent positions and fluffed them. his confidence then just got worse and worse.

Now that a new manager is coming in I can see him staying. At least until January, that way if he doesn't get chances he can go. All depends what manager we get in and whether they can motivate him enough to get his confidence back.

Last season he got some lucky goals and goals that were great. Like his first against United, the timing, the strength, the accuracy.

I do believe last season as well he had better deliveries. Don't get me wrong he has missed some sitters this season but I reckon if we don't hoof the ball up to Felli all the time that he will be a striker who gets 10-20 goals a season. Mark my words! :)