IGNORED

Stoke - away

Guest rusty747

Guest rusty747

What we saw today was a spirited performance from a weakened team. It is a measure of our progress under RM that we went to Stoke expecting to win. We definitely need 2 or 3 quality signings or loan players in the January window to reinvigorate our season but if you had offered me our current league position going into 2014 at the start of the season I would have taken it, wouldn't anyone else?

Time to get behind the squad with all our support not have a go at players who are giving their best.

NSNO

Sin Miedo

What we saw today was a spirited performance from a weakened team. It is a measure of our progress under RM that we went to Stoke expecting to win. We definitely need 2 or 3 quality signings or loan players in the January window to reinvigorate our season but if you had offered me our current league position going into 2014 at the start of the season I would have taken it, wouldn't anyone else?

Time to get behind the squad with all our support not have a go at players who are giving their best.

NSNO

Sin Miedo

Agree 100%

Time to get behind the team and support our players as much as we can, but not excuse them for no effort.

Today was a tough game and we did well in the end.

I thought we were way the better team and Stoke should be very happy with a draw.At times Stoke were desperate, with a tad more luck we would have scored 4!

Lukaku for me wasn't at his best, had he been three points would certainly have been ours.Ross seems to just love playing, very soon he's going to score an unbelievable goal.....followed by many more.Sometimes his feet seem a couple of years older than his head, that will soon sort it's self out.

Deserved more today, but there were still some great signs out there that good times are ahead.

We're beginning to let out expectations drop again and make excuses. Tooling the average team.

Brett I am starting to see tour argument now...we are too quick to revert back to good old Everton should be glad for a point away to stoke...bullshit! We have better players now and should be expecting a win against teams Like this!

We are happy with the point because we equalised in the 92nd minute. No-one here is happy about the performance. We should have won this game. I even posted that in the 88th minute. Why is defending one player that had an ok game suddently saying that we are glad that we got a point of Stoke?

You have forgot the Everton way mate!

A good performance in one match/half does not Give you a free pass.

People watching mirralas this season are forgetting g what our is our club is about, he's just not been good enought simple. Fuck your stats and shit! He's been poor and we should be past making excuses for flair players!

Fuck stats? They always speak the truth! Is Mirallas has the most assists, it means that he has created chances for his team mates, just as Lukaku has scored the most. Another stat for you. Everyone is just beating down on Mirallas for no reason except that he isnt as good as last year.

We only have 4 points out of 3 games. Lost points in 2 very winnable matches, Sunderland and Stoke. Its not just Mirallas fault.

Hang on, nobody has a divine right to win a game. I thought we played well against a Stoke team that have a very good home record, without any of our first choice center backs in conditions that we not ideal. The players were bright, the passing for the most part was good and we created several good chances.

Stoke were tough in the tackle and denied us space, after the first half I though we should be 1 or 2 up, but the woodwork, some quality defending by Shawcross and some wayward finishing denied us.

After the break they got the goal against the run of play and then looked to park the bus. In seasons past we would have resorted to hitting hopeful long punts up the field, and then accepted the loss. Not today we kept going, Mirallas was very unlucky not to score and how Stoke ended up with 11 on the pitch is a mystery to me. In the end we got the goal we deserved, by playing good football.

Yes its not a win, but we salvaged a point, and that could be invaluable at the end of the season, next two league games are against Norwich and WBA, we win those then we are game on for Champs League and the vital clash against the RS.

Hang on, nobody has a divine right to win a game. I thought we played well against a Stoke team that have a very good home record, without any of our first choice center backs in conditions that we not ideal. The players were bright, the passing for the most part was good and we created several good chances.

Stoke were tough in the tackle and denied us space, after the first half I though we should be 1 or 2 up, but the woodwork, some quality defending by Shawcross and some wayward finishing denied us.

After the break they got the goal against the run of play and then looked to park the bus. In seasons past we would have resorted to hitting hopeful long punts up the field, and then accepted the loss. Not today we kept going, Mirallas was very unlucky not to score and how Stoke ended up with 11 on the pitch is a mystery to me. In the end we got the goal we deserved, by playing good football.

Yes its not a win, but we salvaged a point, and that could be invaluable at the end of the season, next two league games are against Norwich and WBA, we win those then we are game on for Champs League and the vital clash against the RS.

Excellent post

I think we played well in the circumstances. Mirallas had one certain goal blocked, and hit the post, Lukaku missed a couple of chances.

Just one of those games we didn't get a couple of breaks.

Reading the Stoke forum they were impressed with us and think their defense played out of their skins.

Lukaku nearly cost us the game today. His first touch is pathetic sometimes. We try to keep possession which means that when we have to try a through ball we don't cause we are too scared of losing possession.

Really pissed off that we have to go behind to start looking threatening going forward. Pienaar was shite again. Too slow on counter attacks. I have been naismiths worst critic since day one, but I actually think we looked far more threatening with him and jelivic up front. I would seriously consider playing those two up front against QPR.

Very frustrating watching us today... We are just not quite there yet. Can't fault them for effort though. Just like to add that alcaraz has got to be one of the best centre halves in the premiership with the ball at his feet.

Fuck stats? They always speak the truth! Is Mirallas has the most assists, it means that he has created chances for his team mates, just as Lukaku has scored the most. Another stat for you. Everyone is just beating down on Mirallas for no reason except that he isnt as good as last year.

We only have 4 points out of 3 games. Lost points in 2 very winnable matches, Sunderland and Stoke. Its not just Mirallas fault.

Accept mate that my opinion is different that's all. I accept that you saw it different than me, I am just airing my frustrations, not trying To prove you wrong.

I just get frustrated by players that cam play for 10 mins and then seem to think thats it's ok to have 30 mins rest and still get paid! That's just how I see it.

Not saying I'm right,... If o wad I would be a premier manager.

Ignore me I am just frustrated becausee because I thought we should be beating teams like this. Frustration that's all. Don't mean anything by it.

Lukaku nearly cost us the game today. His first touch is pathetic sometimes. We try to keep possession which means that when we have to try a through ball we don't cause we are too scared of losing possession.

Really pissed off that we have to go behind to start looking threatening going forward. Pienaar was shite again. Too slow on counter attacks. I have been naismiths worst critic since day one, but I actually think we looked far more threatening with him and jelivic up front. I would seriously consider playing those two up front against QPR.

Very frustrating watching us today... We are just not quite there yet. Can't fault them for effort though. Just like to add that alcaraz has got to be one of the best centre halves in the premiership with the ball at his feet.

Crikey, what were you drinking last night?

I actually agree with everything you wrote.

Before the game it was the defence that was my worry because as well as Alcaraz played in our last game he’s still working his way in and then you’re asking him to work alongside someone making their first Premiership start. I needn’t have worried though because the defence was superb, particularly those two.

It was the midfield where we completely fell down which was a surprise because it was as strong as it possibly could be! At no point during the match did they get going, they weren’t fluid but were extremely disjointed. Not to mention there was a complete lack of tempo and movement. When we had the ball we were so slow it was painful. And off the ball? Fuck me; we gave the man with the ball poor options. Playing the way we did we were very unlikely to score from open play because we just weren’t creating the chances. Stoke actually looked the bigger threat from open play. Once they took the lead they just sat on it and asked us to break them but that just wasn’t going to happen with the way we were playing. Unsurprisingly our last gasp equaliser didn’t come from open play but from a penalty.

It’s all good and well dominating the play and possession but we did next to nothing with it and I find that unacceptable. Some of that was down to a brilliant defensive performance by Stoke, but a lot of it was also down to us simply not being good enough. There was no creativity out there. So in one way I’m pleased we pulled off a result but I’m annoyed at the overall performance.

This Christmas run of games has depleted us, not just in terms of injuries, but in terms of our energy. I’ll be glad to get back to playing once a week again so we can recover.

Howard – Did everything right throughout the game and couldn’t have prevented their goal.

Coleman – Can’t fault his effort but nothing really happened for him today.

Stones and Alcaraz – I was wary about this before the game but they looked a fine partnership. The pair of them dealt very well with Crouch and I love how willing Alcaraz is to bring the ball out of defence. Alcaraz was my MOTM and Jags may just struggle to get back in if he stays in this form.

Baines – It looks like the last game was just rustiness for him because he was so much better today. Probably our most potent attacker but it was a big ask for him to do it all himself! Also did well defensively when he consider that Pienaar was nowhere to be found for the majority.

Mirallas – Other than his two efforts that hit the post and the bar I didn’t think he contributed at all to the first half. In fact, I only realised he was still on the pitch in the second half when he had that blocked effort on goal.

McCarthy – The best of a bad bunch of midfielders but that’s not really saying much.

Barry – Not a good game from him. Not great in possession and gave away too many silly fouls.

Pienaar – He slowed the game down far more than was necessary, didn’t use the ball well and left Baines completely on his own. If you’re going to drift centrally then at least make sure you’re able to get back out wide!

Barkley – I was so disappointed with him. I was hoping he’d be the one to provide that change of pace we were crying out for to break them down, but apart from one or two occasions he didn’t do that. He was also lucky to win fouls when he’d been caught in possession quite a few times.

Lukaku – We gave him next to nothing to work with but I think he could have done more for himself as well. Like, he really needs to do better at getting in front of his man. He’s a mountain for fucks sake! His first touch… 90% of the time it is absolutely embarrassing.

what's with all the barkley hating romey? the dude can't single handedly take the team on his back every single game. today instead of being selfish (which you complain about too) he decided to pass a lot more and give some opportunities to other guys. Instead of taking shots 20 yards out every time he touched the ball he tried to come deeper and bring the ball up and then pass. it's not his fault the other guys don't know what to do with a football (mirallas, pienaar, lukaku). he can't play every position on the field for us.

what's with all the barkley hating romey? the dude can't single handedly take the team on his back every single game. today instead of being selfish (which you complain about too) he decided to pass a lot more and give some opportunities to other guys. Instead of taking shots 20 yards out every time he touched the ball he tried to come deeper and bring the ball up and then pass. it's not his fault the other guys don't know what to do with a football (mirallas, pienaar, lukaku). he can't play every position on the field for us.

Criticising is not hating. I don't think he played well and I've explained why, there's no point repeating myself when it's all there a couple of posts ago.