IGNORED

Kenwyne F'ING Jones!

For me this signing would just send out the wrong signals. Progression in our style and results should be supplemented with players that can further this... not bringing in a player that would need to step up to match our current levels.

Given Moyes penknives to gunfights analogy, bringing Jones in as back up for Lukaku is like buying a knuckleduster in case you run out of bullets... because its cheap and in the right circumstances an effective weapon doesn't make it a suitable replacement.

I'm very indifferent to this rumour, as cheap as he is we need to use our raised profile to make a statement of intent.

I remember everyone saying this when Jelavic came to Everton as well. Saying the Scottish league is slower than the EPL. (I think I was one of them to say it) and he proved everyone wrong in the second half of the season.

If Kenwyne Jones could make a similar impact then why not. I am not saying he would score 11 goals like Jelavic or even start in front of Lukaku. To me though he could be the difference of getting into Europe. Don't get me wrong Jones touch is terrible, he is a bad passer on the ball and 9/10 is selfish. (Rather go for goal than squaring it in the box).

What he does have though is a physical presence like Lukaku. Jones is a player who gets in the right place at the right time. Reminds me of Berba, Carrol, Bent, Ba and even Sturridge.

Stoke have good players but in terms of delivery I think that Everton is better. With the likes of Mirallas, Pienaar, Baines and Coleman giving the deliveries it adds variety. I think a player like Jones would thrive at Everton.

• 2 weeks later...