IGNORED

Kenwyne F'ING Jones!

Lost in all of this are his stats. What are they like? Do they match the profile of the team?

His best season was 10 in 29 PL games. Suppose he might get more in a better team (I.e. Everton). Only worth considering as it would be a nominal fee like McGeady, and even then I would ship him out in the summer for a profit, unless he had somehow set the league on fire which is unlikely

Kenwyne Jones twittering about "Don't believe everything you read in the papers" seems to be a comment to a twitter user claiming he voted for Cristiano Ronaldo at the Ballon D'Or.

Edit: or maybe this, I don't know http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2538852/Kenwyne-Jones-fined-80-000-texting-boss-Mark-Hughes-say-wouldnt-play-against-Liverpool.html

My concern is that we're making snap judgments based on impressions and not in the cold light of statistics. Whether it's KJ or someone else, their passing and completion stats could fit nicely with our strategy. Their positional play, their assists, their runs, and so on, might be ideal. Of course strikers are about goals, but our approach does not require our strikers to score them all. The number of goals scored by Coleman, Oviedo, and Baines prove that.

My concern is that we're making snap judgments based on impressions and not in the cold light of statistics. Whether it's KJ or someone else, their passing and completion stats could fit nicely with our strategy. Their positional play, their assists, their runs, and so on, might be ideal. Of course strikers are about goals, but our approach does not require our strikers to score them all. The number of goals scored by Coleman, Oviedo, and Baines prove that.

im judging him in his numerous crappy performances. Statistics aren't the best reflection of a player, not always anyway...

Stoke got lucky, Jones strike is a breach of contract which means that they can tear the contract up. They had to get rid of him to be able to loan Guidetti. Stoke wins all the way.

Guidetti is going to be a monster for them if he stays fit

Jones has nothing to do with them being able to loan Guidetti. It was signing Ireland permanently that has allowed them to sign Guidetti because he was on loan with them as well as Assaidi.

This is a fact. Idk why everyone is so negative about this one. Every time I saw him playing he madea pretty good impression on me.

He might be alright on his day, but when Lukaku leaves we need someone to put the ball in the back on the net for us.

He has 13 league goals for stoke in 4 season, we need someone who will score a lot more than that in a season.

To be honest Jones is a decent prem striker and for 1 mil who cares. I think martinez would have covered off his ability to support the team before buying him. Big guy up front he maybe a squad player but for 1 mil at 29 seems a lot better business than the kone deal. Jones is out of contract in the summer so it isn't going to be a massive outlay.