IGNORED

Stadium thread: Reprise edition

Louis

"Everton Chief Executive Officer Robert Elstone has said the club are working really hard on a new stadium and says it is a really high priority over the next six to twelve month to bring it to fruition.

Speaking to Greg OKeefe in the Liverpool Echo Elstone has said that the club will rely on help from the local council and also the public sector to help fund the stadium and that they are optimistic that they can deliver.

The stadium will continue to be something of really high priority. There is optimism that we will deliver it. There clearly is one site were doing a lot of work on and if things fall in the right way and we get commercial success; bringing on board support from the local authority and the public sector then we can be hopeful.

The next six to 12 months on that will be really important for us. It will be exciting if we can bring it to fruition; theres lots of hard work but thats how you want it."

http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/robert-elstone-the-new-stadium-is-high-priority-over-the-next-12-months/

We have heard all that before. No mention of a site they are working on. The site has to be right as that will make or brake the stadium. A poor site will mean poor income from the stadium. Revenues has to be maximized. The site needs to be on the mass rapid transit Merseyrail network to be a success. The stadium needs to have space to expand if the need is there and the structure have expansion designed in. This also means great convenience for the city as a whole reducing the nuisance value of the stadium.

I think you're pretty bang on with everything you have said.

Why the obnoxious comments like? He's only stating what he thinks whether he repeats them or not. If I was him I wouldn't feel welcomed by some of the above. He's spot on as well.

Goes back a bit Cotto. John has been on this for what seems like forever, and like I said for the most part we agree with and like his plans, but whenever hes asked a question or challenged on his proposal its the same response every time.

Why the obnoxious comments like? He's only stating what he thinks whether he repeats them or not. If I was him I wouldn't feel welcomed by some of the above. He's spot on as well.

What obnoxious comments? A bit of gentle sarcasm for the reasons Matt's explained above but that's a long way short of obnoxious.

Didn't know there was history. Still I think what he's saying is pretty spot on.

:lol: I think all of us do!

But whenever he's been asked a question, he has either ignored the question (which he's doing again) or insulted people :)

John - for the 100th time, what can we at ToffeeTalk do to help here?

Haha I agree with John completely, but I've heard it from him over and over. His passion for this is going to waste here on TT. Thus needs taking to the council, to the press and to the club. It's a brilliant idea, it has complete merit, and would be great for any new stadium and for the club, on both match days and non match days for additional facilities. Whether that be club facilities or council owned retail.

Obnoxious? Me? Haha never!

Guest John Burns

I have been banging on about this for years:

The site has to be right as that will make or brake the stadium. A poor location will mean poor income from the stadium. Revenues have to be maximized. The site needs to be on the mass rapid transit Merseyrail network to be a success. The stadium needs to have space to expand if the need is there and the structure have expansion designed in. This also means great convenience for the city as a whole reducing the nuisance value of the stadium.

No one else has. I will keep banging on until it sinks in. The fans must be aware of the optimum solution and accept no less.

Feels like you're talking to a bot or something Matt :P It's all a bit surreal.

:lol: very well put

I've not counted the number of times in the last thread we had to close because of him on the topic, but Im sure this same question has been asked, by me alone, at least 20 times and never answered. Nor were any other questions put to him. Sad really, since he seems to have done the research and it all looks solid. If only we knew what to do with it....

Hahaha. I agree!

Yet you still wont answer the question? Its not difficult, I'll even break it down:

1. TT can do nothing, I'm just here to repeat myself over and over without adding any value to the debate or cause.

2. TT can do something, I'm here to ask you to {insert plan here}

Yet you still wont answer the question? Its not difficult, I'll even break it down:

1. TT can do nothing, I'm just here to repeat myself over and over without adding any value to the debate or cause.

Where's the plan for TT to help you ask?

Here:

Look at this thread. EFC are 90% certain of going to Walton Hall Park. The Bootle Branch line will run between LFC and EFC and most prob be opened with station serving both. Transport issues solved. But EFC would be better getting the eastern section of the Outer Loop opened and have a high throughput station yards from the stadium. Transport problems solved even moreso. Think rapid-transit and all comes clear.

LCC have announced they will be spending money on a stadium for anyone to rent. They may rent the land of WHP.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/watercity/Rapid-Transit-Football.html

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/25128-to-the-future/&do=findComment&comment=342545

WHP is a near goer. It is there if the club get its act together. It is that simple. They only way of not getting WHP is to screw it up like at Kings Dock.

The club and LCC are learning from Kirkby and are moving to a location where mass-transit is easy to implement. Lack of mass transit was a major issue re: Kirkby. The Dept of Transport has spent near nothing of significance on Liverpool for 40 years. Manchester has have a whole new tram network built. They owe Liverpool. This stadium is the ideal opportunity to extend the metro and benefit the club and city, so many gain - why LCC are pushing the site. LCC can get the metro extended using the EFC stadium as an lever as it may put over 1 million passenger trips on the adjacent line per year. With the normal day to day passenger usage through the districts plus the stadium, the Dept for Transport may cough up.

Transportation is the key, like at Kirkby. LFC cannot expand Anfield to 60,000 plus unless the Bootle Branch rail line runs passengers. LFC will have to part fund that, maybe just part fund the rail station. EFC maybe doing the same - having the stadium only at 50,000 but expandable - easier to incorporate in new build.

The reality is that EFC can fill a 60,000 seater and LFC a 75,000 seater. The mass-transit rail network is awaiting to serve the stadia. It needs heads knocked together.

What is the season ticket waiting lists for LFC and EFC? Isn't LFC 20,000?

Liverpool City Council has no regard for creating a green, sustainable city. In the current climate it is simply outrageous not to have any major new infrastructure (EFC & LFC) that generates millions of journeys to be convenient for eco mass-transit public transport. In Liverpool City's case meaning being adjacent to a high throughput Merseyrail metro station with easy connections to mainline stations and park & ride. No-one should have the need to drive to a football match in Liverpool from any part of Merseyside and beyond. The city has a mass-transit network that other cities would droll over having and to ignore it is gross irresponsibility.

The council are pushing this regeneration of Anfield with LFC as the core. They may hoodwink us with EFC as well. The economic regeneration returns from major sports stadia projects are very bad. This has been researched and proven in all cases. It is a veneer by the fans and owners to extract public funds to subsidise their passtime. This gets them permission to build in totally unsuitable locations. The value of match-day trade to local traders is not justified by the public subsidy involved. It is very poor return on public investment.

So, if we need stadia, then they have to be in locations that do not affect local residents too much. They also have to be eco and the transportation to and from eco. In short, get the fans to and from the stadia fast using high throughput rapid-transit rail.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/watercity/Rapid-Transit-Football.html

Arsenal before they moved to the Emirates were about then same size as EFC. Similar grounds and size, similar fanbase. For 8 years they have sold out every game in a 60,000 seater. GP is in a dowdy area and a dowdy stadium. A nice new stadium will encourage the corporates.

All the stay at GP bunch all attempt to make out EFC are a tiny club. Hogwash !!

Arsenal before they moved to the Emirates were about then same size as EFC. Similar grounds and size. Similar fanbase. For 8 years they have sold out every game in a 60,000 seater.

If EFC have a 60,000 seater that is easy to get to by mass-transit, 60,000 will turn up.

LFC are not in a wealthy area but they will fill a 75,000 if they had one.

Guarantee fans get there in comfort and fast and the success of the stadium and high attendances are guaranteed. Liverpool has a mass transit rail network, not to use it is asinine.

Oh. Nope. Nothing.

Let's just bang the same drum long and hard enough until someone else devises the plan.

I wanna a new Choo-choo!!

jRTApGkiL.jpeg

Guest John Burns

What is the point of this forum? No one can influence team section, tactic or what players to buy. Yet the forum is full of such stuff. Maybe all the football forums should be closed down, as the fans cannot do anything to influence any team.

Get the points put across, it is easier that way. Then you will see the light.

What is the point of this forum? No one can influence team section, tactic or what players to buy. Yet the forum is full of such stuff. Maybe all the football forums should be closed down, as the fans cannot do anything to influence any team.

But how can he help?

That's all he's asking. He sees the light. How can Matt help?

Ok, so you're just here to repeat yourself over and over, and dont expect any answers? In which case TT can do nothing and you're not expecting us to do anything expect read and understand you proposition (which we do). Fine.

Why didn't you just say so? :rolleyes:

Guest John Burns

Ok, so you're just here to repeat yourself over and over, and dont expect any answers? In which case TT can do nothing and you're not expecting us to do anything expect read and understand you proposition (which we do). Fine.

Why didn't you just say so? :rolleyes:

It seems to bother you.

Oh Yobo has just let in a goal against France giving France the tie.

Edited by John Burns

John help us to help you. Repeating yourself over and over to folks who agree, achieves nothing. We know your viewpoint so there is no reason to keep on saying it.

If you want us to make a difference give us a petition to sign or something similar.

Having a forum discussion for the sake of it is fine too, but please don't keep saying the same thing WE AGREE WITH YOU (well some of us anyway)

Guest John Burns

John help us to help you. Repeating yourself over and over to folks who agree, achieves nothing.

Many people read this who do not contribute.