IGNORED

Stadium thread: Reprise edition

Louis

Guest John Burns

Come on John, we agree, help us, to help you, help the city, to help the club.

What do you need us to do? Please! If we don't get the bloody train up and running soon, I fear for your health.

I see many are busting blood vessels over this.

• 2 months later...

Oztoffee, you hit the nail on the head with your comment re where all the income went. I was at Goodison in 1949 when Goodison had the record crowd - over 78,000. Everton used to get crowds over 50,000 regularly. Players were paid a pittance because of the maximum wage, so the money went somewhere but not into facilities.

I wonder who we've managed to persuade to pay for it for us.

From what Ive just heard we haven't persuaded anybody to pay for it!

Apparently all that's happened is that we have identified the site and agreed with the Council that we are allowed to build there however there is no funding in place yet, supposedly it will be announced in the Echo tomorrow

Apparently all that's happened is that we have identified the site and agreed with the Council that we are allowed to build there however there is no funding in place yet, supposedly it will be announced in the Echo tomorrow

We've gone down the Banega route then ;).

This time it actually makes some sense though.

That's fair enough.

OK so say the announcement on Tuesday if official and that we've identified a site. The next thing would be stadia concepts and all of that.

What are the key elements (top 3 say) that you as a fan, would like to be incorporated within the design? For me;

1. Internally, I want the stands to feel/look from pitch-side to be as intimidating as possible. High sides, steep. When Goodison 'rocks' I want that response from the fans to be exaggerated to the players on the pitch. I want the opposition players to literally feel the 'weight' of pressure on them during a game. For them to feel vulnerable and exposed. When they walk onto the pitch, they have to crane their necks to look up at the support.

1259687730_top-10-intimidating-internati

2. Old-skool architecture, using modern techniques, designs and technology. As much as I can't stand Newcastle, St. James' Park is pretty impressive. Old stadia, updated sections. I want 4 sided (no bowl crap). 2 'ends'. 1 casual viewing side. 1 corporate/premium side. I want it to look like a stadium, but feel like a fortress.

signal-iduna-park.jpg

3. Standing. I would absolutely love a safe standing section but done properly. Like the Germans do it. Sectioned standing.

257531111.jpg

A smaller version of the Signal Iduna Park is perfect. It has everything I mentioned above. They're my 'wants'.

Anybody want to see particular characteristics in the potential new stadia?

So in other words, fuck all is sorted nor is it likely to be ever until someone finances the plans.

I like the ideas Ten. Personally, I want 4 sides (no bowl) with no "layers at either goal end", max 2 layers along side the pitch. The goal ends, like Park End, should be steeper and imposing whilst being flexible enough to incorporate expansion (though that would probably require a bowl layout). Dortmunds is an excellent example. All 4 stands should be as close to the pitch too, like they are now.

Not fussed on the standing thing. Being 5'8 means that seating allows me to see the game :D

edit: oh, and I know this will not happen in this day and age, but I dont want to be "Company Name Here" stadium. Makes me sad.

Edited by Matt