IGNORED

Stadium thread: Reprise edition

Louis

Not being local don't know the place, so is it a "lovely spot" like Alexei Sayle says or a junkie/gang ridden no-go area like so many inner-city parks? Or something in between?

No it's a nice park to be fair it's got a fishing lake and stuff but it's hardly green belt like.

No it's a nice park to be fair it's got a fishing lake and stuff but it's hardly green belt like.

But looking at the size of it we'd be unlikely to take up the whole site would we? The Liverpool Stanley Park plan mostly just took up the old Vernon Sangster sports center end from memory and left a lot of green space. Walton Hall looks bigger if anything so surely we could leave or even improve some of the leisure space; though I suppose the need for retail etc will need a bigger footprint than a stand alone stadium.

Be interesting to see the plans when they come out, difficult to completely ignore the locals (or grind them underfoot like our illustrious neighbours did).

But looking at the size of it we'd be unlikely to take up the whole site would we? The Liverpool Stanley Park plan mostly just took up the old Vernon Sangster sports center end from memory and left a lot of green space. Walton Hall looks bigger if anything so surely we could leave or even improve some of the leisure space; though I suppose the need for retail etc will need a bigger footprint than a stand alone stadium.

Be interesting to see the plans when they come out, difficult to completely ignore the locals (or grind them underfoot like our illustrious neighbours did).

It's getting shops a load of houses and stuff so I would imagine with parking etc the whole site will be swallowed up.

Makes me laugh, I live right on green belt there's farmersfields everywhere, I'm a stones throw away from Lydiate which has grade listed ruins etc it's really scenic in parts round here yet they've decided to build a dirty big road from switch island right through the green belt and connect it to the Formby by pass. They're also talking about building a connecting road through Rimrose Valley another nature reserve. No fucker lobbys that.

At the end of the day it's a park, there's plenty of room to put another one and most against it or signing petitions don't even use it.

Nobheads.

Not being local don't know the place, so is it a "lovely spot" like Alexei Sayle says or a junkie/gang ridden no-go area like so many inner-city parks? Or something in between?

Its a long time since I lived there but I did drive past a few years ago and it is a decent area. Its a nice park but the size of the ground plus the rest of the necessary infrastructure would take up most of the space. The boating lake would make a nice feature behind one of the goals.. :rofl:

It's a nice ground but I wouldn't say it's a nice area around it. The south end of the park borders Norris Green

Its a long time since I lived on Walton Hall Avenue but I do remember that it is NOT Norris Green. Walton Hall Park is bordered by Queens Drive and Walton Hall Avenue and the old railway line to the north. Norris Green starts at Townsend Avenue further up the East Lancs Road.

Its a long time since I lived on Walton Hall Avenue but I do remember that it is NOT Norris Green. Walton Hall Park is bordered by Queens Drive and Walton Hall Avenue and the old railway line to the north. Norris Green starts at Townsend Avenue further up the East Lancs Road.

Yer that's pretty much spot on. I was halfway through a post explaining that last noght and it crashed.

To be honest, City Rd is one of the roughest areas around.

Ok it's a stones throw away and anyone who knows that area will know you can be in Norris Green on foot and 3 minutes later in the park. Edited by MC11

Ok it's a stones throw away and anyone who knows that area will know you can be in Norris Green on foot and 3 minutes later in the park.

As I've said in another post. That firm that run round City Road are bad. There's the Fernhill Crew round here, the Peacock Crew top end of Kirkdale not far from Wezzy Rd by the ground. The Nogga Gogs run by the Strand on Scargreen way deeper into Noggay than that. Wally Park bordersGrandison Rd and that estate there, Baythorne etc and the Walton Park Estate. The bottom end of Norris Green Scarisbrick, the Lancs and the Sparrow Hall estate are not hat bad mate.

The point being there's firms all over this city no matter where you go. Norris Green is just one of many but Walton Hall Park is just as close to the Fernhills patch as rice lane etc is only over the back of it.

Don't think it'll affect any new ground if I'm honest.

Edited by Paddock

As I've said in another post. That firm that run round City Road are bad. There's the Fernhill Crew round here, the Peacock Crew top end of Kirkdale not far from Wezzy Rd by the ground. The Nogga Gogs run by the Strand on Scargreen way deeper into Noggay than that. Wally Park bordersGrandison Rd and that estate there, Baythorne etc and the Walton Park Estate. The bottom end of Norris Green Scarisbrick, the Lancs and the Sparrow Hall estate are not hat bad mate.

The point being there's firms all over this city no matter where you go. Norris Green is just one of many but Walton Hall Park is just as close to the Fernhills patch as rice lane etc is only over the back of it.

What firm are you in paddock?

I find the whole gang system in Liverpool very cheesy. Track suit wearing adolescents with bad attitudes. It's their access to guns which baffles me.

I find the whole gang system in Liverpool very cheesy. Track suit wearing adolescents with bad attitudes. It's their access to guns which baffles me.

It's not cheesy mate it's VERY real. It fucking disgusts me and makes me ashamed to say I'm from this city.

Trust me though these little bastards have absolutely ZERO fear and zero respect for ANYONE. They will shoot you if you cross them.

Horrible vile creatures who have not had any upbringing or any kind of parental guidance thereforehave zero idea on how normal people live.

Gang culture in this city is like a cancer eating through it.

It's not cheesy mate it's VERY real. It fucking disgusts me and makes me ashamed to say I'm from this city.

Trust me though these little bastards have absolutely ZERO fear and zero respect for ANYONE. They will shoot you if you cross them.

Horrible vile creatures who have not had any upbringing or any kind of parental guidance thereforehave zero idea on how normal people live.

Gang culture in this city is like a cancer eating through it.

Interesting. Was going to ask what kind of impact it had on ordinary people or whether it was just confined to kids kicking lumps out of each other. Never really came across it in my time in London; seems it's one of those things we imported from the US, like black Friday and trick or treating except with firearms :(.

Interesting. Was going to ask what kind of impact it had on ordinary people or whether it was just confined to kids kicking lumps out of each other. Never really came across it in my time in London; seems it's one of those things we imported from the US, like black Friday and trick or treating except with firearms :(.

It's very real here Mike Rhys Hones is close enough to all Evertonians hearts to see how horrendous the gang culture is. It started round Norris Green and Croxteth and it's spread right through the city. There's kids shooting each other all over the city. It doesn't take long before it spills over into some poor innocent persons life when there's 15 and 16 year old kids shooting at each other.

They literally have no fear or compassion, empathy, nothing. They're a law unto themselves and it's spreading.

Anyway back on track, the position of the stadium wont have any impact on gangs in Norris Green imo.

It's very real here Mike Rhys Hones is close enough to all Evertonians hearts to see how horrendous the gang culture is. It started round Norris Green and Croxteth and it's spread right through the city. There's kids shooting each other all over the city. It doesn't take long before it spills over into some poor innocent persons life when there's 15 and 16 year old kids shooting at each other.

They literally have no fear or compassion, empathy, nothing. They're a law unto themselves and it's spreading.

Anyway back on track, the position of the stadium wont have any impact on gangs in Norris Green imo.

Most of this is built by trying to gain reputation though. It's kids coming from good families and loving homes involved in this. I really do blame these adults giving them access to guns! Edited by MC11

It's very real here Mike Rhys Jones is close enough to all Evertonians hearts to see how horrendous the gang culture is.

Amen to that, Rhys' elder brother Owen was a member here for a short time and it really brought it home (if it needed to be brought home)...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/7668-rip-rhys/?p=97150

Lad was the same age as Josh so by now would've been a strapping eighteen year old. Can still picture Owen with his mum and dad at Goodison (and Anfield) like it was yesterday. Glad we at TT did our bit to remember him. He won't be forgotten.

Most of this is built by trying to gain reputation though. It's kids coming from good families and loving homes involved in this. I really do blame these adults giving them access to guns!

It's not bull MC it's real it's happening every day in Liverpool. The kids who are pulling the trigger have no remorse, no fear of going to jail or reprisals if they get caught. They have no fear because they've been brought up without morals.

Not all obviously some decent kids do get sucked in but a 16 year old trying to get himself a reputation on the streets with a loaded gun twrrified the life out of me. At that age you're young and foolish anyway but when your single mothers loved heroin more than you all your childhood (ir whatever) going to jail isn't really that scary.