IGNORED

Stadium thread: Reprise edition

Louis

There is an interesting video on toffeetv on YouTube where they discuss tidying up the main stand to make it look more attractive. Using the Everton school as an example of how it could look. Worth wasting ten minutes of your life to have a watch.

I can't see us being able to afford this stadium. The only way could be a massive loan from Grantchester, but that would never happen.

Or the TV money from this season and next are being put aside into a kitty.

Would that be enough? Would need £250m surely?

Take away the amount of money we need to use from the TV deal, surely we could only save £30m per season?

Yeah, total. Or, we take some from last year, some from this year and put a 10% deposit down.

What about a little creativity?

- Platinum fan: 5-minute chat with a first team player; large brick with your name on it used in the building; lifelong 5% discount on season ticket: £1,000

- Gold fan: large brick with your name on it; lunch with other fans and a couple of players: £600

- Blue fan: small brick with your name; signed shirt: £300

Add corporate naming for corporate rooms: £5m

There's your 10 percent deposit right there.

What about a little creativity?

- Platinum fan: 5-minute chat with a first team player; large brick with your name on it used in the building; lifelong 5% discount on season ticket: £1,000

- Gold fan: large brick with your name on it; lunch with other fans and a couple of players: £600

- Blue fan: small brick with your name; signed shirt: £300

Add corporate naming for corporate rooms: £5m

There's your 10 percent deposit right there.

steve great idea, commonly used on sites such as kickstarter or gofundme. sad thing is that took you 5 minutes to come up with and elstone hasn't a clue. elstone out steve in :shaking fist:

One thing I've always thought is essential in a new stadium with plenty of parking, a car park season ticket. Buy your parking space on a match day for the whole season. At the moment I pay £114 to park for 19 league games. Make it £200 for the season, outside the ground. With 5000 spaces, extra £1m per year.

£200 split between four, £50 each. I'd buy one anyway.

Always thought they could offer group discounts on season tickets too. Should we get a 50,000 seater stadium they need to push everything they can to get 40,000 season tickets in there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Statement from Mayor of Liverpool:

There have been a lot of media reports today following the information presented to the Everton FC AGM last night.

I was disappointed that people were left with the impression that the council and other partners were not fully in support or part of a true partnership. I don’t recognise that view.

As Mayor of the city, I wish to set straight some of the issues which were not communicated to last night’s meeting.

Many people would love to see a new stadium, new housing, a better park and new community facilities at Walton Hall Park. Some would prefer the park to remain the way it currently is. All of which are things to consider but the facts are that:

– delivering what Everton FC refer to as “the Vision” requires in excess of £300m which Everton cannot yet show that they – or anyone else – have available.
– there is no regeneration scheme in place.
– there is no developer in place.
– there is no planning application.

Once these are in place, of course we will support, facilitate and work together to move the project forward, in the same way that we did with Liverpool FC for their recent the Anfield stadium expansion.

Some people seem to be forgetting that it is not the job of the council to finance and deliver a major regeneration scheme of the type proposed, including a potential new stadium for Everton Football Club. Nobody should be in any doubt about the horrendous financial situation that the council is facing.

Let me re-iterate, we would welcome a regeneration scheme to consider but the fact is, at the moment, there isn’t one. That is why there is no real progress to report.

It is sad that Everton FC chose to question mine and the Council’s integrity and commitment publicly. As a city we have helped Everton with Finch Farm and took the controversial decision to support a regeneration project with a stadium on Walton Hall Park. The evidence of our commitment to supporting Everton is there for all to see.

As Mayor I am totally committed to helping, within reason, this project if it meets the wider regeneration needs of the area or indeed any other solution the club may propose.

I await sight of those plans.

Joe Anderson – Mayor of Liverpool

called elstone's bluff. everton with pie on the face. FFS what a joke.

steve0 i'm with you. don't build a new stadium just improve the one we have. one thing at a time, park end, then corporate, surely we can fund that through our usual players sales and the like since our board is worthless.

The club have already said that's not an option. I suspect it's not an option because we'd have to pay every penny for that, and freebies and hand-outs are Elstone's only game plan.

Would be nice if the mayor proof-read his announcements for correct grammar before sending. He's left with egg on his face, too!

He has basically destroyed Elstone and his bullshit.

I don't care about his grammar, after all he isn't getting paid £300k a year. In fact, this is a man who rejected £80k a year for his to role and instead suggested £66k was a fair pay rise.

Wish the man in charge had that level of integrity.

He has basically destroyed Elstone and his bullshit.

I don't care about his grammar, after all he isn't getting paid £300k a year. In fact, this is a man who rejected £80k a year for his to role and instead suggested £66k was a fair pay rise.

Wish the man in charge had that level of integrity.

Wouldn't go that far, he took his past employers to court as they wanted to take him off the payroll http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/calls-liverpool-mayor-joe-anderson-10005630

Its just a pity - there has been so much feel good around the team on the pitch recently and the big news is the bunch of idiots who run the club.... still this isn't something I haven't said a thousand times over the past 10 years.

I just hope Martinez and the boys can zone away from all this. People want us to retain the likes of Barkley, Stones, Rom and build a club that is worthy of their ambitions - what must they think?

Quite frankly the club is a tinpot organisation. It is rotten and needs restoring to that of a club which runs the right way. Too many good people have resigned, I personally know one.

It is quite clear that the "noisy fans" who know nothing other than "conspiracy" have their ears well and truly to the ground. The walls are closing in on Elstone - if he doesn't get fired then we definately know that the "powers that be" need him and his deceptive ways.

To be honest, this is all a mess, which im sure was expected by most.

One positive for me was Elstone not writing off GP completely, and commenting on the Park End. Even though he said it doesn't tick all of the boxes, he did admit that we could create an additional 7,000 seats. Would anyone not be happy if we rebuilt the Park End and took the capacity upto 47,000?

A rebuild of the Park End, with one eye on the future, lined up against the end of the Main Stand instead of up to Bullens Road like it is now, leaving space to move Gwladys Street End forward one day in the future. Some corporate seating in the new stand would be a must, the current TV studios could be moved into the space between the Park End and Bullens Road. Leaving the possibility of more corporate seating where the current studios are in the corner. Stacked private boxes with an excellent view. Build new players facilities in the new stand, so the old ones can be used for further corporate lounges, with the tunnel at the end or in the corner. Integrate the players car park under the stand, include the club shop in the build and get rid of the land over the road, include a museum too. Actually, should the stand be big enough you can move all of the offices into it and then have further space in the Main Stand for the extra kitchen facilities needed to support the extra lounges. A bit of creative thinking and one new stand can transform the stadium massively, if its used as a spring board for the future. But one new two tier stand and the capacity increased to 47,000 would be a great start for me.

If I was running a pressure group, I'd be all over Elstone saying 7,000 extra seats could be achieved with a new Park End. If I won the euro millions I'd even pay half.

To be honest, this is all a mess, which im sure was expected by most.

One positive for me was Elstone not writing off GP completely, and commenting on the Park End. Even though he said it doesn't tick all of the boxes, he did admit that we could create an additional 7,000 seats. Would anyone not be happy if we rebuilt the Park End and took the capacity upto 47,000?

A rebuild of the Park End, with one eye on the future, lined up against the end of the Main Stand instead of up to Bullens Road like it is now, leaving space to move Gwladys Street End forward one day in the future. Some corporate seating in the new stand would be a must, the current TV studios could be moved into the space between the Park End and Bullens Road. Leaving the possibility of more corporate seating where the current studios are in the corner. Stacked private boxes with an excellent view. Build new players facilities in the new stand, so the old ones can be used for further corporate lounges, with the tunnel at the end or in the corner. Integrate the players car park under the stand, include the club shop in the build and get rid of the land over the road, include a museum too. Actually, should the stand be big enough you can move all of the offices into it and then have further space in the Main Stand for the extra kitchen facilities needed to support the extra lounges. A bit of creative thinking and one new stand can transform the stadium massively, if its used as a spring board for the future. But one new two tier stand and the capacity increased to 47,000 would be a great start for me.

If I was running a pressure group, I'd be all over Elstone saying 7,000 extra seats could be achieved with a new Park End. If I won the euro millions I'd even pay half.

spot on steve. i've never been to the ground but this is the creative re-building we need for the park. this would be the least expensive option (as opposed to a new park) and would allow us to stay at our "spiritual home" of goodison. plus it would bring in a good amount more revenue and make us more attractive for corporate sponsorship and investors. no brainer for me really, but the board is looking for freebie's and that's just not going to happen.