IGNORED

Stadium thread: Reprise edition

Louis

If this is turned down, the club should built on Stanley Park. That other lot already got a permission which they are not going to use so how could the council turn our request down (again)?

We never requested to build on Stanley park, either formally or informally.

We asked if we could use land behind the park end where Walton hall avenue is, and move walton hall avenue into the park, but were told it was very unlikely to be approved as they didn't want to make the park smaller.

The idea we had an application rejected while liverpools was approved was all just rubbish.

We never requested to build on Stanley park, either formally or informally.

We asked if we could use land behind the park end where Walton hall avenue is, and move walton hall avenue into the park, but were told it was very unlikely to be approved as they didn't want to make the park smaller.

The idea we had an application rejected while liverpools was approved was all just rubbish.

But if you take the (again) out of the post I think it's a valid point. Planning permission granted for Liverpool so it would have to be for us surely?

• 2 weeks later...

Mr. Kenyon repeated what has been generally understood publically in that Everton are working towards submitting a Planning Application towards the end of 2015; he was unable to say when as the detail hasn’t been worked yet.

However, Mr. Kenyon did confirm that an outline project plan exists and this outlines the work needed to be done that will result in the submission of the planning application. John Blain noted that it seemed quite reasonable that specific detail would not be known at this time. Additionally he observed that the project plan presumably has key milestones to ensure the delivery of the Planning Application. This means that whilst the details are not yet known, the exact location of the stadium for example, when this detail will be known is contained within the project plan.

http://www.efcsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/LMH-Meeting-re-WHP-19015-FINAL.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aL-ocy9wPhU/VOQ9hiSEi7I/AAAAAAABMpk/Sm3nSlxUpvw/s1600/stade.gif

In French, but an interesting article if you can read it. Basically saying there is a trend for stadiums being built with smaller capacities, even for the giant clubs like AC Milan (proposed move from the San Siro at 78,000 seats to a new commercial complex + stadium of 48,000 seats). Found it after learning that the YB stadium, built for the Euro 2008 with a capacity of 33,000, was a vast reduction of seats on the old 55,000 seater they had beforehand.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aL-ocy9wPhU/VOQ9hiSEi7I/AAAAAAABMpk/Sm3nSlxUpvw/s1600/stade.gif

In French, but an interesting article if you can read it. Basically saying there is a trend for stadiums being built with smaller capacities, even for the giant clubs like AC Milan (proposed move from the San Siro at 78,000 seats to a new commercial complex + stadium of 48,000 seats). Found it after learning that the YB stadium, built for the Euro 2008 with a capacity of 33,000, was a vast reduction of seats on the old 55,000 seater they had beforehand.

So what it's basically saying (without struggling through it all with my forty year old O level French) is that you get in fewer people but they pay more "in modern sport VIPs represent 20% of the seats but generate 80% of receipts".

So let's screw over the traditional supporter a bit more eh?

Unless I misunderstand.

So what it's basically saying (without struggling through it all with my forty year old O level French) is that you get in fewer people but they pay more "in modern sport VIPs represent 20% of the seats but generate 80% of receipts".

Unless I misunderstand.

Exactly how I read it, and why there is so much discontent spreading

Unless I misunderstand.

The Pareto principle. Ugh.

Sounds like they are lowering supply for the common folk to generate more demand and thus higher prices for their seats.

The Pareto principle. Ugh.

Sounds like they are lowering supply for the common folk to generate more demand and thus higher prices for their seats.

Don't remember it mentioning that, and it's not necessarily the case. Since the attendance is now a paltry portion of the income, becoming more so as the TV deals get more and more obscene, it makes business sense to invest the space into other, more profitable, ventures ahead of the fans.

Don't remember it mentioning that, and it's not necessarily the case. Since the attendance is now a paltry portion of the income, becoming more so as the TV deals get more and more obscene, it makes business sense to invest the space into other, more profitable, ventures ahead of the fans.

It doesn't say that anywhere, but that's my assumption, along with the last statement you just made. That may not be their aim, but I believe that is what will happen in the long run.

With average crowds of 39,572 Goodison is 93.7% full. If we were to build a new stadium with 50,000 seats unless an extra 7300 fans attend each game the place will have lost some of the passion found at Goodison.

Virtually all of the (average) 6.3% of seats not sold will be restricted views though; if we had a modern stadium with great facilities and views for 50,000 we'd increase crowd levels considerably I think.

Virtually all of the (average) 6.3% of seats not sold will be restricted views though; if we had a modern stadium with great facilities and views for 50,000 we'd increase crowd levels considerably I think.

exactly, plus there'd be boxes which would bring in much more income too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What should they do that they could do and that would be within the law?

There is no real reason to deny Everton a new stadium or make it harder to build. It would directly mean more money to the local economy (which city wouldn't like a 100-200 million cash injection to their economy?). So even if they were all kopites (and Anderson is known to support Everton) it still wouldn't make sense.

What should they do that they could do and that would be within the law?

There is no real reason to deny Everton a new stadium or make it harder to build. It would directly mean more money to the local economy (which city wouldn't like a 100-200 million cash injection to their economy?). So even if they were all kopites (and Anderson is known to support Everton) it still wouldn't make sense.

Nobodys denying us anything. Our problem is, we want a new stadium but want someone else to pay for it.

I want a 5 bedroom house with a hundred foot garden, double garage it's own multi gym, with private electric gates but I don't have the money to build it, I can ask around to see if anyone will build it but I'll be waiting a long time.

It's obviously not as black and white as that but that's it stripped to it's bare bones.