IGNORED

Stadium thread: Reprise edition

Louis

To be honest, this is all a mess, which im sure was expected by most.

One positive for me was Elstone not writing off GP completely, and commenting on the Park End. Even though he said it doesn't tick all of the boxes, he did admit that we could create an additional 7,000 seats. Would anyone not be happy if we rebuilt the Park End and took the capacity upto 47,000?

A rebuild of the Park End, with one eye on the future, lined up against the end of the Main Stand instead of up to Bullens Road like it is now, leaving space to move Gwladys Street End forward one day in the future. Some corporate seating in the new stand would be a must, the current TV studios could be moved into the space between the Park End and Bullens Road. Leaving the possibility of more corporate seating where the current studios are in the corner. Stacked private boxes with an excellent view. Build new players facilities in the new stand, so the old ones can be used for further corporate lounges, with the tunnel at the end or in the corner. Integrate the players car park under the stand, include the club shop in the build and get rid of the land over the road, include a museum too. Actually, should the stand be big enough you can move all of the offices into it and then have further space in the Main Stand for the extra kitchen facilities needed to support the extra lounges. A bit of creative thinking and one new stand can transform the stadium massively, if its used as a spring board for the future. But one new two tier stand and the capacity increased to 47,000 would be a great start for me.

If I was running a pressure group, I'd be all over Elstone saying 7,000 extra seats could be achieved with a new Park End. If I won the euro millions I'd even pay half.

Reality is Steve - it really doesn't matter what you or I think is the right thing to do. These clowns have failed, failed and failed - we have waited years and all we get served is more lies and incompetence. It is a complete and utter farce. His position is untenable as are the boys on the board.

Sick of the lot of them. Just wait till Liverpool have a brand spanking new ground - then the anger will really hit home where apathy has remained for so long.

Redevelopment of Goodison, I don't feel will work.

As much as i'd want to and the tradionalist inside me says yes but everything else points to us needing a new stadium. From scratch. The lack of executive boxes etc is just one negative.

One visit to Old Trafford 8 years ago knocked me sick. There I was sat there watching United beat a dull Watford to a completely damp old trafford atmosphere and my mate said at half time "lets go for a pint - maybe two".

My initial comment was "you are having a laugh - just about make the toilets and back at goodison"

15 minutes later I had been the loo, and had 2 pints, I bought the first, mate bought the second. A queue 10 deep and 30 wide literally evaporated due to the wide service area, carousel beer pouring system..... probably 800 pints poured in that section alone £3200 in the till and happy punters.

Redevelopment of Goodison, I don't feel will work.

As much as i'd want to and the tradionalist inside me says yes but everything else points to us needing a new stadium. From scratch. The lack of executive boxes etc is just one negative.

If we cant afford to pay for land and four new stands, surely building one new stand is progress? More boxes can be built as part of any new stand anyway.

Lets be honest, if we had boxes all the way around the ground we wouldn't fill them anyway. We have only just started to build enough demand for the current lounges, and they are excellent and the food is fantastic (even though it is Sudexo), and are reasonably priced in comparison with most PL teams.

Surely a high quality rebuild of the Park End could be done for under £50m? With the new TV money that should be affordable.

I'd love nothing more than us to be opening a new two tiered large stand, with new boxes and a bench mark for future development, even put Kendalls name on it, if they made it fitting of the man.

That's not all aimed at you mate, just thinking out loud again.

One visit to Old Trafford 8 years ago knocked me sick. There I was sat there watching United beat a dull Watford to a completely damp old trafford atmosphere and my mate said at half time "lets go for a pint - maybe two".

My initial comment was "you are having a laugh - just about make the toilets and back at goodison"

15 minutes later I had been the loo, and had 2 pints, I bought the first, mate bought the second. A queue 10 deep and 30 wide literally evaporated due to the wide service area, carousel beer pouring system..... probably 800 pints poured in that section alone £3200 in the till and happy punters.

To be fair I do that every game at Goodison, we have had those pumps since 2013

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fastest-pints-at-goodison-3461234

To be fair I do that every game at Goodison, we have had those pumps since 2013

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fastest-pints-at-goodison-3461234

Yes and this game was 2007 at a 70000 attendance game. 6 years before we got a fast pour system in our restricted view 40000 capacity.

I think the article if anything clearly outlines how far behind we are. All points to wasted opportunities. In fact this whole thread points to wasted opportunities.

Edited by Hafnia

Funny isn't it... fans will scrutinise players to the nth degree and be pretty quick and cutting in their appraisal if needs be "not good enough, waste of money - get rid!"

Yet many will blindly sit and allow a circus continue to go on which is pegging us further back against the clubs we should be competing with.

I wonder, would many fans accept a team now that consists of Scott Gemmill, Li Tie, Pistone, etc etc just because it would be an upgrade on other players who have been worse???

Thats the attitiude of many when it comes to this board and CEO. Poor.

The odd bad player can be benched and put in the reserves and they don't impact the ££££ that great - yet a bad board and CEO is far more destructive.

It's not that we are happy with it Haf, just not sure what I can do about it.

Admittedly I am Happier....but that's the same as when we improve on a player position. We may be happier with the improved player...but it doesn't mean it's ideal.

I am a football fan before a business model fan.

It's not that we are happy with it Haf, just not sure what I can do about it.

Admittedly I am Happier....but that's the same as when we improve on a player position. We may be happier with the improved player...but it doesn't mean it's ideal.

I am a football fan before a business model fan.

What I do find frustrating is that people will moan and graon at the end of the year when we have a few quid to spend on players and Stoke go and blow us out the water - no connection is being made to the "cause of this" - which is the commercial piece.

All you hear is "where is all the tv money, blah blah blah" - well I'll say this, keep allowing this board and CEO to govern our club and we will fall further back.

What I do find frustrating is that people will moan and graon at the end of the year when we have a few quid to spend on players and Stoke go and blow us out the water - no connection is being made to the "cause of this" - which is the commercial piece.

All you hear is "where is all the tv money, blah blah blah" - well I'll say this, keep allowing this board and CEO to govern our club and we will fall further back.

Right now, I don't see us falling further back at all - to be quite honest. The club could be run better, I'm sure, but it's not as if we're languishing with a poor, aging squad.

Right now, I don't see us falling further back at all - to be quite honest. The club could be run better, I'm sure, but it's not as if we're languishing with a poor, aging squad.

Quite simply Steve that is all down to smart player acquisitions by moyes and Martinez with the bonus of TV money.

Elstone tried to pass off the bonus element of games in commercial revenue. He literally does FUCK ALL. He's only made some commercial hires of recent, he clearly hasn't been looking at a ground move. He's outsourced nearly every revenue stream so what does he actually do?

My guess is Martinez has player retention/trading/ release plans and agents dictate the value and cost of doing so.

He's full of shit. Rubber faced bean counting billshitter.

Been hearing the same thing for as long as I've been on here (10+ years) and it's not happened yet. Any club/supporter (outside of the moneyed elite) would rip your arm off for our record over the last decade and our current potential.

I'm not saying mistakes haven't been made but we are where we are and to put it down solely to Moyes and Martinez is simplistic.

Been hearing the same thing for as long as I've been on here (10+ years) and it's not happened yet. Any club/supporter (outside of the moneyed elite) would rip your arm off for our record over the last decade and our current potential.

I'm not saying mistakes haven't been made but we are where we are and to put it down solely to Moyes and Martinez is simplistic.

I completely disagree Mike. I am no fan of Moyes whatsoever but I will credit him with the fact that he enabled the club to operate in thd low spending way they did and literally have zilch net spend. The wages we paid players certainly meant we should have finished around 7th to 10th. But many managers would have messed up, the board and moyes were meant for each other. Less spend = less accountabilty/risk.

The board have relied on ticket money, TV and smart manager transactions.

I completely disagree Mike. I am no fan of Moyes whatsoever but I will credit him with the fact that he enabled the club to operate in thd low spending way they did and literally have zilch net spend. The wages we paid players certainly meant we should have finished around 7th to 10th. But many managers would have messed up, the board and moyes were meant for each other. Less spend = less accountabilty/risk.

The board have relied on ticket money, TV and smart manager transactions.

So the people in charge have relied on the things that they're in charge of (ticket money/managers) and TV money (you didn't need to be a business genius to know that's going to go through the roof). Luck/genius or educated guesswork, it's worked out pretty well.

So the people in charge have relied on the things that they're in charge of (ticket money/managers) and TV money (you didn't need to be a business genius to know that's going to go through the roof). Luck/genius or educated guesswork, it's worked out pretty well.

Outsource catering for a song

Outsource kit deals for a song

Fail with ground moves

Use the word "absolutely" lots

Take 10 years to bring in marketeers

See 3 valued staff resign

Renegotiate a shit Chang deal

Completely fuck up a badge redesign

Watch money come in from TV

Watch loyal fans bring money in

= earn £300k+

Yep, good effort Bob, appears you still have some fans kidded into the bargain too.

Not to say you are kidded Mike but seriously? You not had enough of him yet? We've turned a reasonably paid accountant into a millionaire.

Edited by Hafnia

Outsource catering for a song

Outsource kit deals for a song

Fail with ground moves

Use the word "absolutely" lots

Take 10 years to bring in marketeers

See 3 valued staff resign

Renegotiate a shit Chang deal

Completely fuck up a badge redesign

Watch money come in from TV

Watch loyal fans bring money in

= earn £300k+

Yep, good effort Bob, appears you still have some fans kidded into the bargain too.

Not to say you are kidded Mike but seriously? You not had enough of him yet? We've turned a reasonably paid accountant into a millionaire.

You've moved the goalposts, we were talking about the board and now you're talking Elstone.

I'm not "kidded" by anything, I just have a different opinion to some; listen to the same things but draw a different conclusion. I think calling him a "reasonably paid accountant" is a bit disingenuous though, he was plainly more than that.....and almost certainly a millionaire before he joined us I'd have thought.

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/club/board-of-directors/robert-elstone-profile

Deloitte directors probably get a bit more than minimum wage (you're in HR if I recall correctly so you possibly know better than me).

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool won't have a brand new ground they will have an extension that may as well be in Stanley park it's that far from the pitch.

You do know that the new stand will actually get pushed forward once it's completed don't you? So it may be a distance away at the moment but it'll be where the original is once it's completed.

No idea how it works but that's what will happen!

Mark I didn't know that it must be on some type of rollers something that big will take some shifting.

so are they leaving the original roof on ?

Even so I think it will still be very far from the pitch I wouldn't fancy sitting up there our top balcony is bad enough.

I wouldn't have thought so but I've got no idea tbh.

I love the top balcony! Only for the view, not so much the atmosphere. I used to beg my brother to get our tickets for up there whenever he'd take me when I was a kid.

I wouldn't have thought so but I've got no idea tbh.

I love the top balcony! Only for the view, not so much the atmosphere. I used to beg my brother to get our tickets for up there whenever he'd take me when I was a kid.

My first games were top balcony, I loved it. I recall the first time going up all those steps and then walking out to see a pitch below - was breathtaking. 15th December 1984 and we beat Forest 5-0... great memories.

My first games were top balcony, I loved it. I recall the first time going up all those steps and then walking out to see a pitch below - was breathtaking. 15th December 1984 and we beat Forest 5-0... great memories.

Breathtaking is right, Haf, I remember feeling exactly the same. As I was a kid it was a bit scary at the same time but the hairs on my body were all standing on end.

The traffic a long that route is unreal and that's why Kings dock would never have happened. I've had the unfortunate task of having to travel that route on numerous occasions for jobs I've been doing and it's hectic to say the least... Saturday even worse. Put a football stadium there - gridlock

Edited by MC11

The traffic a long that route is unreal and that's why Kings dock would never have happened. I've had the unfortunate task of having to travel that route on numerous occasions for jobs I've been doing and it's hectic to say the least... Saturday even worse. Put a football stadium there - gridlock

I think James Street station would have helped massively with it being minutes from Kings dock plus ferries would have been an option for those travelling over the water.