IGNORED

Roberto Firmino

i really hope we finish above arsenal this year. wenger is an idiot when it comes to transfer dealings.

Alexi Sanchez, Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Patrick Viera, Theo Walcott, Santi Corzola, Tomas Rosicky, Aaron Ramsey, Nasri, Fabregas...

He is anything but an idiot in transfer dealings.

Alexi Sanchez, Thierry Henry, Robert Pires, Patrick Viera, Theo Walcott, Santi Corzola, Tomas Rosicky, Aaron Ramsey, Nasri, Fabregas...

He is anything but an idiot in transfer dealings.

i agree those are all good players, but what i mean is every year his lineup is missing a bunch of round holes, instead of going out and getting round pegs to fill them, he gets square pegs and then finishes 4th for the 10th year in a row and wonders why they can't win the league. sell a couple midfielders buy another striker (sanchez is more of a winger, i know he can play up top but i don't know how well in this physical league) and a better holding midfielder and they'd have a shot.

instead it will be old arteta in CM, and giroud (who is good) and sanogo (ligue 2 need i say more) at striker. i just can't see that working out well again, sanchez or not.

Without going into detail and a long winded post look at the bigger picture regarding Arsenal in three or four seasons they will be in a very similar boat to Bayern both financially and player wise they will be a financial powerhouse debt free with an abundance of homegrown talent at their disposal whilst the likes of Chelsea and City will be treading thin ice in the transfer market and keeping in line with FFP

They've had a business model in place for years similar to Bayern that will at some point in the near future probably put them at the top of the pecking order here and what may seem like shortcomings now to the likes of us could quite possibly turn out to be a brilliant bit of in the scheme of things short term sacrifice for long term dominance......

Without going into detail and a long winded post look at the bigger picture regarding Arsenal in three or four seasons they will be in a very similar boat to Bayern both financially and player wise they will be a financial powerhouse debt free with an abundance of homegrown talent at their disposal whilst the likes of Chelsea and City will be treading thin ice in the transfer market and keeping in line with FFP

They've had a business model in place for years similar to Bayern that will at some point in the near future probably put them at the top of the pecking order here and what may seem like shortcomings now to the likes of us could quite possibly turn out to be a brilliant bit of in the scheme of things short term sacrifice for long term dominance......

Absolutely. We have been used as an example of how to do things on the pitch. But Arsenal are the example of how to do it off the pitch. They are going to be very well off soon. And it's all their own money. Brilliant planning, great future vision. They nailed it.

And their fans still whinge? Shows that despite what we write/say...A lot of us fans have no idea.

Sorry to digress off topic there!

i agree those are all good players, but what i mean is every year his lineup is missing a bunch of round holes, instead of going out and getting round pegs to fill them, he gets square pegs and then finishes 4th for the 10th year in a row and wonders why they can't win the league. sell a couple midfielders buy another striker (sanchez is more of a winger, i know he can play up top but i don't know how well in this physical league) and a better holding midfielder and they'd have a shot.

instead it will be old arteta in CM, and giroud (who is good) and sanogo (ligue 2 need i say more) at striker. i just can't see that working out well again, sanchez or not.

If Ramsey can stay fit and hit the form he was in last year then Arsenal could be competing. Defense is strong enough for me. If all their players can stay fit then why can't they get 1st?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Yeah, fucking hate him now.

*cries

If he's brilliant (which I know he will be), I'll be devastated.

Absolutely gutted he's going there.

Sozza mate, told you earlier. This lad I work with seems to know Liverpool stuff before Brenda does.

Twats

Hope you got this one wrongbrother :(

May seem high but Liverpool have their David Silva, Eden Hazard, Alexis Sanchez.

This is the transfer which unfortunately can take them up a gear.

I'm with Patti though, its a pisser to think they van spend that money and he'll be one of 6/7 players.

Whereas we have to be content with freebies, loans and the odd penny spent.

This is where I start to get despondent they spend £29 million and we are scraping round the bargain basement

it really pisses me off.

well its like this you see...

People are happy for us to have a chairman who is unable to deliver a new stadium and dumps a Chief Exec on us who has pretty much outsourced any viable means of generating income for pennies.

It means that aside attendance money of average 38k per match we are using TV money alone to pretty much do our business - this puts us in a pack alongside the likes of West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, and other alos rans.

Its funny, many of the people who moan about our lack of spending are big supporters of Bill and co.

You want to see us compete for the best players? we need a board and chief exec with ambition and vision. Until then just expect to see us flog £20m worth of players (Jela, Vic, etc) and buy the odd marquee signing (Rom) to quieten the masses.