IGNORED

Sunderland (Away)

Pearso

And it's over. Huge three points for the cause, but wouldn't want to live through an afternoon like that too often.

Got some payback for that shock defeat around christmas and they've got a real struggle to stay up now. Big relief we managed to finally do it and keep the champions league dream very much alive. Own goal was the deciding factor but who cares, we'll take it.

If Sunderland had one decent centre half and a striker they'd be mid table.

How anyone doesn't rake Ki is beyond me. He's an absolutely fantastic player.would be a great additional as a squad filler. Also their left back Alonso (on loan) is very good

And it's over. Huge three points for the cause, but wouldn't want to live through an afternoon like that too often.

Got some payback for that shock defeat around christmas and they've got a real struggle to stay up now. Big relief we managed to finally do it and keep the champions league dream very much alive. Own goal was the deciding factor but who cares, we'll take it.

Good to have you on board for a viewable one DK.

i have never seen lukaku have a stinker as bad as that before. all had to do was read the ball better and close down their back four. lazy fucking bastard nearly cost us the game with that display

hes only truelly happy when he has the ball and had a chance to run at defenders and improve his own profile. one thing i will say for naisy is he never stopped running and done the ugly work

bit pissed with RM to be honest that he didnt stick kevin upfront in replace of rom for last ten minutes. we would have surely scored again

If Sunderland had one decent centre half and a striker they'd be mid table.

How anyone doesn't rake Ki is beyond me. He's an absolutely fantastic player.would be a great additional as a squad filler. Also their left back Alonso (on loan) is very good

Ki is very good. Would have him ahead of osman.

i have never seen lukaku have a stinker as bad as that before. all had to do was read the ball better and close down their back four. lazy fucking bastard nearly cost us the game with that display

hes only truelly happy when he has the ball and had a chance to run at defenders and improve his own profile. one thing i will say for naisy is he never stopped running and done the ugly work

bit pissed with RM to be honest that he didnt stick kevin upfront in replace of rom for last ten minutes. we would have surely scored again

Lukaku has played like that for 70% of the season

Well, one of those 0-1 wins away.

Barry was quite tired, let's not forget it's the same four defenders and two defensive midfielders out there. They were quite thick today, only McCarthy looked like himself (covering every inch of ground). Lukaku was tired, Osman was ineffective and Naismith was, well, Naismith. If he had managed to score on his two great chances (the one he created for himself with the clever backheel control and awfully shot, or the one in which he lobbed the keeper but didn't hit the target) it would have been an easy game. Deulofeu may had a poor game but he keeps on trying and due to his persistance (definately not due to his quality) it's 0-1.

All in all, I fear for the squad. The team is one injury away of one key player (back six, FB and CM once Jags is back) from a massive drop in performances, but with Gibson, Koné, Traoré, Oviedo and Jagielka I hope the injury quota is more than covered.

Guest rusty747

Two ways of looking at today;

At this stage of the season the result is more important than the performance. And anyway, the Mark of a good team is the ability to play badly and win.

Or,

We were really off the pace, especially Lukaku, and if we play like that against Palace and Ma U we will be lucky to take 1 point from 6.

Not the best performance but three points and at the end of the season that's all that counts!

Its these types of games that when teams grind out results when playing poorly that make or break a season I can see why some are having a moan but we could have played well and easily come away with nothing as we've seen many a time.

The one player I wouldn't start from now on is Ossie well I'd have had it that way for most of the season tbh he's to hit and miss and the tempo from the off seems far slower and less fluent when he's in the side now.

I'd have a serious look at Ki and Johnson if I was a Premiership manager with Sunderlands fate pretty much sealed both great at giving the game some pace and creativity.

All in all made up I don't care how we win aslong as three points are on the board and no players get injured.

Agree 100%, he angered the shit out of me today. Stones BTW class.

I hate it when we play a match where we think we have won before kicking a ball. We keep doing it against the lower teams. The pace we wer playing at today was disgusting. I think the only time I saw a player sprint was mcgeady near the end. And the space they gave Sunderland what the hell was that.

How we can go from best game of the season to worse in a week scares me big time.

And I'm going off lukaku. He can't play the target man at all. Anything fired to him in the air you can forget it, he seems to wimp out every time.

If we do that against palace we will be in for a rude awakening.

I cant see us winning it. We struggle against teams all out defending and bing tight to us. I think Martinez was testing out long ball game today as a way to defeat that style but it just made us look crap and Sunderland amazing .

Edited by spanna

We clearly werent at our best today but I still think we controlled the game, created the better chances and deserved the 3 points.

Howard didnt really have to make any saves that you wouldnt have expected him to make comfortably and the back did their job pretty well. Barry and McCarthy were excellent, Naismith and Osman solid but unspectacular and whilst Deulofeu was frustrating and almost impetuous, he still put in quite a few good balls into the box and got his reward with the OG. I'm surprised by the criticism of Lukaku because he did pretty well for the most part but didnt really show up for the last 20, although he didnt score today so maybe that's why!

No matter what happens from now until the end of the season, it has been an amazing feat to record our greatest ever points total in the Premier League and to put together a run of 7 straight wins.

Really would have liked to see McGeady on for Jerry earlier. He's much more direct and his work in defence was excellent. Don't quite know why he doesn't start. Pity Mirallas didn't get a shift as Naisy was tiring in the last 20mins, could have given us abit more drive.

Don't think we played badly at all, it's just that Sunderland were scrapping for their lives and really stepped up today. Again McGeady I believe would have made the difference. At least would have ensured his crosses were crosses and not shots that went astray.