IGNORED

Sunderland (Away)

Pearso

Wouldn't it just be classic Everton if we get done at the Stadium of Light? :rofl:

I think though Martinez will have the squad morale bursting at the seems, and keep the momentum going. On the back of our longest winning streak in years I'd be very surprised if we suffer one of our trademark losses: to a relegation threatened team on the back of beating one of the so called 'big boys'.

Not even going to try predict what lineup Bobby will send out, I was a bit shocked he had benched Deulofeu and McGeady after their performances vs Fulham but his selections and tactics were spot on against Arsenal.

If Jags is fit it will be interesting to see whether he comes back in for Stones. I think young John has earned himself a few more starts with his performances, although Martinez might not want to burn him out too quickly.

Anyway, isn't it beautiful to know that in these last few games Martinez will have the boys looking at the team above them on the table, not the teams below.

3-1 Everton!

On paper it should be an easy game and considering the slight improvement in their game since Poyets arrival seems to have worn off....

Always wary of these games but considering how poor they've been of late I'd expect to take three points if we play at any level close to the Arsenal game.

clean sheet and three points in the bag......please!

0-3

Edited by EFC-Paul

It's clear that, over the last few games, RM has been rotating the squad. Resting players has, in my opinion, been a big factor in our recent winning streak. I wouldn't be surprised to see Deulofeu, McGeady, and Jagielka starting this game. You never know: maybe Tim Howard will be given a rest too ahead of the big games coming up.

The Sunderland game has the potential to be a real banana skin. Suffice to say the boys should be looking to build on the GD we have over Arsenal now.

I like the look of our fixtures left. A couple of games against Sunderland and Palace to build upon the platform from the Arsenal game before a couple of games against United and City.

If we can get maximum points from Sunderland and Palace we'll be in a perfect position to grab that 4th place spot.

As mentioned above I think a lot has been to do with Martinez rotating the squad. Players have been rested and except for the long terms absentees he has been able to adjust the team and tactics without any real enforced changes (except for Osamn the other day)

It's clear that, over the last few games, RM has been rotating the squad. Resting players has, in my opinion, been a big factor in our recent winning streak. I wouldn't be surprised to see Deulofeu, McGeady, and Jagielka starting this game. You never know: maybe Tim Howard will be given a rest too ahead of the big games coming up.

I agree with the first bit but you do not rest the keeper at this stage of the season. Its suicidal!

We've kept the same base of Howard, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Distin, Barry, McCarthy then Lukaku up top so actually only the 3 advanced midfield roles have been rotated.

I believe we should get the 3 points an think we will. I also agree with the above that the squad will be rotated. Here is what I think will be the lineup

Howard

Coleman Stones Distin baines

McCarthy Barry

Duelofeu Osman Mcgeady

Naismith

Jags isn't back to training yet an neither is Pienaar (had surgury we might not see him this year). I think lukaku, Barkley, Mirallas need a rest.

Let's not forget: After tomorrow's loss (sorry, game) against Bayern, United have no more games until they meet us at Goodison. In contrast, we play over the weekend and we play midweek. I'd rather keep Lukaku fresh than overuse him at this point.

Plenty of time for Moyes to become pre-occupied with how Everton can hurt United rather than to play to their strengths :)

They're professional athletes, but three games in a week at this stage of the season takes its toll. There's a reason the teams with the bigger squads do well, and it's not just because of cover in case of injury.

usually I would agree but since we are playing possession football, we are expending less energy than usual so 3 games in 10 days no matter when in the season shouldn't make an impact

usually I would agree but since we are playing possession football, we are expending less energy than usual so 3 games in 10 days no matter when in the season shouldn't make an impact

Let's not forget each and every one of our games is must win. No risks should be taken by resting players. And Lukaku had a number of weeks out anyway so he shouldn't need the rest, and while he's in a purple patch for goals it'd be stupid to not play him.

I would play the same line up that ran Arsenal ragged, we have found a formula that works - just like Liverpool did. Let other teams struggle to find a way to stop it and let Roberto use plan B, C, D or however many variations he seems to have if and when that time happens.

Sunderland took a good hiding, some of their fans will go missing, many will be anxious. An early goal and sustained pressure should see them fold. I hope!!!

true, but they're shite and will most likely be despondent after an ass-whooping in Munich

And with the final whistle in Berlin their season will be over.

I agree with you. Deulofeu and McGeady, with their speed and trickery, may be the key players in this game.

Agree as well. I think we'll see a few changes as he will want to ensure the players are fresh for United and City. I'd expect Ross to come on as a sub for the Sunderland game and be rested for Palace.

Let's not forget: After tomorrow's loss (sorry, game) against Bayern, United have no more games until they meet us at Goodison. In contrast, we play over the weekend and we play midweek. I'd rather keep Lukaku fresh than overuse him at this point.

Yeah but enough time to send Rooney and others on hols to the sun with their families.

I suppose the only position we can rotate is on the wings because we've got real quality there. Mcgeady has looked sharp and deserves a start. Agree think deulofeu could cause riot on Saturday if he gets space. Really excited about us since we've been on this run. Can't wait for the weekend to watch us play!