IGNORED

Everton players at the 2014 FIFA World Cup

Ye agree.

We have nothing to lose now so we should show future intent and put the young lads on. No pressure anymore and the ideal time for them to show what they can do.

We all know that Barkley is not an impact sub, never has been. He needs to grow into games and has to start to be effective.

Posted it elsewhere but his caution with Barkley was a joke, Henderson & Gerrard.... just no flair or threat.

Henderson's issue was he offered nothing.

Protecting the back 4? Nope.

Starting attacks? Nope.

Hastling players? Nope.

Being positionaly sound? Nope.

Passing properly? Nope.

Didn't offer anything.

I don't rate Wiltshire that much but at least he attacks the ball, takes players on and yaps at their feet while defending. Much better option.

Henderson's issue was he offered nothing.

Protecting the back 4? Nope.

Starting attacks? Nope.

Hastling players? Nope.

Being positionaly sound? Nope.

Passing properly? Nope.

Didn't offer anything.

I don't rate Wiltshire that much but at least he attacks the ball, takes players on and yaps at their feet while defending. Much better option.

Henderson played on his "reputation" for Liverpool... but Barkley couldn't get in on his performances for Everton.

True, Howard is looking good as he always does

Disappointed that Mirallas hasn't had more time so far as I am looking forward to seeing him in a tournament.

It's just the English lads that are letting us down... Not counting Barkley as he has looked effective when he's on the pitch.

Baines looked much better than the first game but looks to be trying to hard to protect the ball without being much of a threat.

And Rooney taking free kicks in front of Baines? Hasn't Roy even watched MOTD?

True, Howard is looking good as he always does

Disappointed that Mirallas hasn't had more time so far as I am looking forward to seeing him in a tournament.

It's just the English lads that are letting us down... Not counting Barkley as he has looked effective when he's on the pitch.

Baines looked much better than the first game but looks to be trying to hard to protect the ball without being much of a threat.

And Rooney taking free kicks in front of Baines? Hasn't Roy even watched MOTD?

That would require some actual thought! :o

Ok, Baines and Jags didnt set the world alight but youre only as good as the team you play in. Baines had no help defensively and was largely ignored until Lallana came on and actually played the ball to him.

Jags made a couple of mistakes, and a couple of great challenges/saves. But he had sod all support from his DCMs and was left exposed when he shouldnt have been.

The team doesnt play well together which is why Ive said we need a fresh start.

Gerrard and Henderson not covering their full backs is the reason the shite conceded so many goals last season. We shouldn't be surprised they didn't cover in the World Cup too.

Barry and McCarthy were the reason we could let Baines and Coleman run free.

Quite true. It was interesting watching Baines. He couldn't venture far enough forward. Must have been frustrating for him. I know it was watching it.

Edit: Baines not Barnes!!! Why does my phone prefer a fat Jamaican wannabe rapper over a top class right back?!

Edited by Newty82

At end of ESPN's nightly "World Cup Tonight" recap, the panel were asked, half jokingly, "What will you do on your off-day tomorrow?" Roberto's answer: "Sign some players."

Perhaps just a throwaway line, but not necessarily, as RM is always on top of things, thinking, working. He's very high on Colombia/Fiorentina's Juan Guillermo Cuadrado, attacking midfielder, usually from right wing.

RM's been easily the most perceptive analyst among the ESPN studio crew. He seems to know more about every team and most every player than anyone, at least among the several pretty interesting ex-players ESPN is using in studio. He's much more interesting as an analyst than when he's giving standard commentary re Everton, as his Everton remarks are -- if understandably -- so unfailingly upbeat, and, generally, vague. But his WC analysis is way more perceptive, often detailed, "inside football" stuff re tactics, formations. Among Americans who understand the game and have some knowledge of the world's teams and players, RM is going to receive very high marks.

Everton have an absolute gem. When he first came to my attention, as an analyst in the 2010 WC, I was so impressed. He's even much better than I could have imagined.

• 1 month later...

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/administration/02/41/61/28/circularno.1439-participationofclubsinthebenefitsofthe2014fifaworldcupbrazil_neutral.pdf

FIFA have announced how they'll compensate clubs for using players in the recent World Cup.

The distribution amount (USO 70 million gross) is divided by the total number of days (24,500), which

results in a rounded amount "per. player per day" of USO 2,800 (subject to any taxes and deductions).

This rounded amount of USO 2,800 is multiplied by the number of days that each player was at the

final competition of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™, starting two weeks before the opening match

until the day following the last match of his representative team ("Total per Player"). It is not relevant

whether the player actually played or not in any given match.

The Total per Player is divided by three and distributed to the club(s) with wh ich the player was

registered during the two years before the final competition of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ as

foliows:

• 1/3 is paid (if necessary on a pro rata basis) to the club(s) with which the player was registered

during the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ (i.e. during the period starting two weeks before the

opening match until the day following the last match of his representative team);

• 1/3 is paid (if necessary on a pro ra ta basis) to the club(s) with which the player was registered in

the year before the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ (i.e. corresponding in principle to the 2013-14

football season);

• 1/3 is paid (if necessary on a pro rata basis) to the club(s) with which the player was registered

between one and two years before the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ (i.e. corresponding in

principle to the 2012-13 football season).

For the sake of good order, we underline that in the event of any doubt or ambiguity regarding the

above calculation, delays in filings and any unusual, specific or special cases, FIFA shall decide on the

payment and allocation on a case-by-case basis and its decision shall be final.

It looks like 2/3 of the amount payable for Fellaini will also go to the club. :)