IGNORED

Summer 2014 Transfers

Guest blueboy122

If its less than Shaw I will be amazed. Southampton with 60m to spend + whatever they had beforehand in their transfer kitty? Maybe taking a step back to leap forward.

I would like to think so but the heart of that team is being ripped away.

I would like to think so but the heart of that team is being ripped away.

Looks like Spurs are after Rodriguez too :(

Lovren rumoured to be going to Spurs or Liverpool too. Saints are going to have a bag full of money!

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

Sorry, can't agree with that at all. When they were relegated to League 1 their players jumped ship left, right and centre and he stayed loyal. He's earned this move, even if it is to that horrible club.

Disagree. Who had ever heard of Lallana back then?

If I was club captain could see what was happening to my team that had given me everything, ripped apart in front of me I would stay.

Depends what type of person you are. There no loyalty in this world anymore am afraid but I know what I would choose.

Guest blueboy122

I'd heard of him, plenty of others had, he's always been highly thought of.

He was their captain then as well and felt he owed it to them to stay and help them build again. He's paid his dues to Southampton.

I don't think there was many offers on the table at the time you 'had heard of him'

Looks like Southampton will be spending big. They won't be anywhere near the same side though. Lambert and Lallana probably their two biggest players. You'd be wondering what the hell was going on there if you were a player. Manager jumps ship then 3 of the best players sold.

It will be interesting to see if any of them (Shaw, Lallana and Lambert) actually go on to show their Soton form at their new clubs. The team was built around Lambert and Lallana for the most part and it will be interesting to see how they adapt to being bench players or at least not regular starters.

Regarding the loyalty comments, I think Soton will probably be thinking they have got a pretty good deal all things considered. If they buy well they can easily bring in some really important players and it could that they builing for a european push.

Guest blueboy122

Maybe true regarding loyalty actually. I am sure Soton were biting Liverpool's hand off when they were talking £25M.

No pun intended.

The £25M again seems hugely excessive. I wouldn't be to pleased if we were spending that amount of money on Lallana.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a very good player indeed but £25M... Wow.

He's reminds me of a better version of Ossie. Ossie with more mobility.