IGNORED

Samuel Eto'o

He does everything you want from a striker. Scores, is creative, looks after the ball. Intelligence. Top player.

Mark lawrenson referred to his age as "officially 33" what a tit.

Can't agree more... And was full of running! I'm just so impressed by him from his skill to his attitude!!

Guest blueboy122

He does everything you want from a striker. Scores, is creative, looks after the ball. Intelligence. Top player.

Mark lawrenson referred to his age as "officially 33" what a tit.

I know I didn't understand what that was about!

Got a chip on his shoulder that Lawrenson.

Glad my worries about his attitude are being proven wrong, seemed very determined yesterday. 2 very good performances (one from the bench, one starting) but still a few average performances too, so he needs a longer run of consistency in our team which he has earned the right to prove.

Glad my worries about his attitude are being proven wrong, seemed very determined yesterday. 2 very good performances (one from the bench, one starting) but still a few average performances too, so he needs a longer run of consistency in our team which he has earned the right to prove.

C'mon Matt that's a bit unfair. Those "average" performances have come when the teams played mostly shite.

C'mon Matt that's a bit unfair. Those "average" performances have come when the teams played mostly shite.

Not said why he was average, but he has been in certain games. Just because the team wasn't doing well doesn't change the fact that he was average - he is part of the team and in those performances he didn't replicate the form of his cameo against Chelsea or this weekends game. The same criticism could be given to Jags, McCarthy, Lukaku too.

He's not going to have a nailed starting berth though, he was never going to no matter how many games he had like today.

The key will be deciding which games are the right ones to start him in, and which ones he needs to be on the bench for and be an impact player.

Spot on.

I also don't think he is as effective when he is upfront on his own (from what we have seen). When he has been on his own he hasn't linked as well with the rest of the team and its no surprise that his best game so far has come from playing off the big mans shoulder. Look at the first goal, he wouldn't have been in a position to make that late run if he was the main striker.

If we hadn't of played Lukaku yesterday he wouldn't have been anywhere near as good IMO. He would have had his moments but it would have been harder to get him into the game.

Spot on.

I also don't think he is as effective when he is upfront on his own (from what we have seen). When he has been on his own he hasn't linked as well with the rest of the team and its no surprise that his best game so far has come from playing off the big mans shoulder. Look at the first goal, he wouldn't have been in a position to make that late run if he was the main striker.

If we hadn't of played Lukaku yesterday he wouldn't have been anywhere near as good IMO. He would have had his moments but it would have been harder to get him into the game.

So he's still a top class strike partner then.

He's a class act. I doubted the move at the start as I thought he wanted one last pay day. How wrong was I! He oozes class, first touch, finishing, heading, vision - he has it all. Having a player like him around can only benefit the likes of Lukaku and Barkley. He seems happy here as well, which is great. Should be starting most weeks now really.

Spot on.

I just think Eto is fine as a 9 or a 10. He scored the 3rd with Rom off the pitch and almost his hat trick with Rom off the pitch. So I don't think he is dependent on Lukaku at all.

He is just getting fitter, so I expect to see him improve more so. He drops deep when we don't get the ball to him and he makes things happen . I watched him play the lone striker role for Chelsea last year and bang in a hat trick against man United. He can play across the front, off the striker or as a lone striker. Sheer class.

I just think Eto is fine as a 9 or a 10. He scored the 3rd with Rom off the pitch and almost his hat trick with Rom off the pitch. So I don't think he is dependent on Lukaku at all.He is just getting fitter, so I expect to see him improve more so. He drops deep when we don't get the ball to him and he makes things happen . I watched him play the lone striker role for Chelsea last year and bang in a hat trick against man United. He can play across the front, off the striker or as a lone striker. Sheer class.

He really is. We're privileged to have him in our team.

He actually had a couple of Rom touches early on, bit then his class shone through. His touch is silk, he has Ossies feet, Barkley's ability to always be thinking ahead and Damn he knows where the net is

When he rounded the keeper and tried to roll it in I though...He's fluffed that. But then it's like he almost willed a little bend at the end and he hot the post.

Paddock I have not watched a better player in a blue shirt. Beardsley, kancheskis come close.

The guy is a master at his art.

He's a class act. I doubted the move at the start as I thought he wanted one last pay day. How wrong was I! He oozes class, first touch, finishing, heading, vision - he has it all. Having a player like him around can only benefit the likes of Lukaku and Barkley. He seems happy here as well, which is great. Should be starting most weeks now really.

Amen to that brother Geth!

I just think Eto is fine as a 9 or a 10. He scored the 3rd with Rom off the pitch and almost his hat trick with Rom off the pitch. So I don't think he is dependent on Lukaku at all.

He is just getting fitter, so I expect to see him improve more so. He drops deep when we don't get the ball to him and he makes things happen . I watched him play the lone striker role for Chelsea last year and bang in a hat trick against man United. He can play across the front, off the striker or as a lone striker. Sheer class.

I didn't say he was dependant on him. When he has played in the 10 role he has become more isolated, especially with Barkley out as Naismith or whoever else has played there has dropped a little deeper and he has struggled to link the play as well as he can. At Chelsea he had 3 quick, energetic players behind him who bridged that gap whereas Osman, Pienaar, Naismith etc can't bridge that gap as well.

Like Naismith and Barkley, I think he prefers to have that space to play in that Rom or any other similar number 10 can bring.

Also when Etoo has played number 10 he has always looked to link the play really well but he comes deeper to look for the ball than Rom traditionally would meaning we end up turning the ball over closer to goal more often.

Again I'm not saying he can't play in those positions but the way we set up, the way we use the ball, he will have more joy playing around Lukaku than being the main man, at least until we get both Barkley and Mirallas fit. Those 3 on the counter would be scary.

The more "agressive" Rom becomes then I see us being able to play 2 strikers. At the moment Rom will make runs etc, but when he's engaged with the opposition players its as though he doesn't want to hurt them. I want him scaring them the way Big Dunc did, I want to see him throwing them to the ground like Dunc did against Ince in the derby.

He needs to be an Alpha male up there. Rooney had that at the age of 17, its not an age thing, its a mindset. The game will become so much easier.