IGNORED

Micah Richards

I'd take him on a free next season. ive got a feeling his best days are behind him though.It Will be interesting who goes in for him. I can see West Ham,Newcastle vying for him rather than the big guns

We're crying out for creative players at this point. We should only be looking at other areas once we've sorted out what we actually need.

I agree but we need cover at right back and an another option at centre half is always good.

Potentially enormous amount of games and a big squad is needed. Would Richards be a free?

I agree but we need cover at right back and an another option at centre half is always good.

Potentially enormous amount of games and a big squad is needed. Would Richards be a free?

I'm not against getting that sort of cover in but I don't think it's as essential as other areas, and that's where we should be concentrating our efforts for now.

Guest blueboy122

'Cut price deal' apparently.

Anyone's guess is to how much that is?

His wages will be massive I think as well so that coupled with we don't really need more defenders it's a no from me.

The market has James McCarthy as odds on to sign for man United.

Wrong thread mate?

Not a free if I remember correctly, as BB122 has mentioned it would be "cut price" but hes on 50k wages at the moment (apparently) and I dont want to be spending that kinda dosh on a backup

Guest blueboy122

Wrong thread mate?

Not a free if I remember correctly, as BB122 has mentioned it would be "cut price" but hes on 50k wages at the moment (apparently) and I dont want to be spending that kinda dosh on a backup

50k isn't as much as I thought to be honest. I was thinking he would be on 75k t0 100k

Wrong thread mate?

He was using the James McCarthy example to show just how much bull shit the betting market is with the odds they put out there... Thus so he was insinuating that you shouldn't read too much into the betting market that you posted...

He was using the James McCarthy example to show just how much bull shit the betting market is with the odds they put out there... Thus so he was insinuating that you shouldn't read too much into the betting market that you posted...

Correct. Bookies trying to entice people into betting on players who are under contract, do they refund if the player remains at current club? I doubt it.

For me it's a very much controversial market that allows ITK to make a small fortune from insider betting. I.e agents.

Correct. Bookies trying to entice people into betting on players who are under contract, do they refund if the player remains at current club? I doubt it.

For me it's a very much controversial market that allows ITK to make a small fortune from insider betting. I.e agents.

aaah, my bad! :doh:

I don't think he will suit our system. We need RB ' S that can play and Richards isn't good enough in that area. He has all of the credentials to be a top CB though so if all is well between the ears then I would risk it albeit it's the last position we need cover.

I don't think he will suit our system. We need RB ' S that can play and Richards isn't good enough in that area. He has all of the credentials to be a top CB though so if all is well between the ears then I would risk it albeit it's the last position we need cover.

I've never liked him as a RB tbh, only ever rated him as a CB.

Think he'd be an excellent signing at the right price. Will add extra versatility to our systems - he's comfortable at rb, can play cb as a 2 or 3. I imagine he could fill in in a dm role too if required. He's also excellent in both boxes on set pieces - an area (particularly attacking) where we lacked last season.

What was apparent tonight is that Hibbo simply isn't up to scratch anymore and age appears to be catching up with Distin. I can't see it happening as he Richards is on like 60 grand a week at the moment but if money wasn't an issue I think he would be ideal. I prefer him as a CB.

Bit harsh to judge him on 1 preseason game after not playing for God knows how long. He can still play back up and even if Coleman were to get injured, I would see us going 3 at the back rather than utilizing Hibbert.