IGNORED

Micah Richards

Look, I appreciate some of you backing our own players, but Micah Richards is a better defender than anything we have, except for Baines. I mean, surely this'll invoke some reaction amongst some of you, but to me, it's a fact, so... not much can be discussed about this from my part I'm afraid :/

I wouldn't go that far. He's a good defender but his fitness is questionable. He 's not better than Jagielka and Stones will be twice the player he is when he develops. Distin is more solid and experienced but admittedly is getting older. Coleman pisses all over him as a right back.for attacking play, Richards is a better defender than him though. He's miles better than Alcaraz and Duffy.

You try to get into the title winners team and try for evertons. See which comes first.

Well to be honest, I'm not very good, and certainly past my best.

But Johnny Evans played 29 league games in a United team that finished second in 2012 and 23 league games in the title winning team of 2013. But he still wouldn't have got in our side ahead of Distin and Jags.

Clichy played 28 games for city when they won the league in 2012 and 28 when they finished second in 2013. Still rather have Baines though.

Just because a player was in a title winning team it doesn't make them the best. If Richards didn't come through the ranks at city they wouldn't have bought him.

Micah has seen less first team action, because a certain mister Zabaleta, who happens to probably be the best right-back in this league has been stellar for City in the past 2-3 seasons. Still, Micah is a really, reallly good footballer. He can keep a ball, is very fast, physically strong, wins most duels, is an attacking menace over the right wing... If I'd trust our right wing to anyone in this league, then Micah would definitely be on the top 3 of my list.

Micah has seen less first team action, because a certain mister Zabaleta, who happens to probably be the best right-back in this league has been stellar for City in the past 2-3 seasons. Still, Micah is a really, reallly good footballer. He can keep a ball, is very fast, physically strong, wins most duels, is an attacking menace over the right wing... If I'd trust our right wing to anyone in this league, then Micah would definitely be on the top 3 of my list.

I agree with this Mirralas. I just don't think he is better than Coleman though.

I would still love to have him, always been a fan of his, like you say he is strong fast and seems to have a good engine.

If he was that good why has no one come in and took him? Even on loan? Surely, if he was still the player he was someone, somewhere would've come in for him.

Maybe he's happy to sit on his fat arse and collect his paycheck.

Edited by Romey 1878

I really rated him when he was playing week in and week out. Back then, he would've walked into our team. Now, he would be good backup until he's gotten match fitness back, then good competition for CB, but to say he's better than what we have now is simply stupid. If that was the case, why isn't he playing for England, where RB is a weak spot? Why wasn't he called up as backup to the CBs instead of Jones or Smalling? Why, as Romey says, has he not moved? Because, he has barely played in recent years and has not proven himself.

Anyone who would put Richards ahead of Coleman needs to have a serious word with themselves

He's better defensively, but as an attacking fullback Coleman is miles better. Richards is a really really solid defender but that's alls he has to his game. You get 110% off him as well. I would defo have him to push our centre halves and coleman for a place and he would most definitely push them all the way imo

Richards is a versatile defender and can play as a centre back as well as right back. He would add strength to the defence. I also think Coleman should be given a run in an attacking mid-field role which could provide an opening for Richards. His injury record is a concern but I think he is worth a punt if the price is right.

You're right to be fair.

But he didn't play enough to get a league winner's medal last year, only twice I think I read yesterday. Don't know if he played in the league cup, certainly he didn't in the final.

Edit, He played in the third round and most of the fourth before being subbed, then didn't feature. Don't know if that gets him a medal or not.

But he didn't play enough to get a league winner's medal last year, only twice I think I read yesterday. Don't know if he played in the league cup, certainly he didn't in the final.

Still think Steve is right , he wont keep our bench warm will he. I can't believe he's still so young tbh, he seems to of been around forever.

I don't think he would suit us as a RB as I don't think he is good enough on the ball as an attacking full back. As a CB he didn't seem to have the concentration across the full 90 mins when I saw him play which was a while ago mind. He was still young though so it was to be expected on occasions. It's very hard to say whether his ability still remains intact.

I would take him as a cover for Jags, who was out quite a bit towards the end of last season with injury, is almost 32 and could be prone to more injuries in the later phase of his playing days.

While we have Stones and Dustbin, that only leaves Alcaraz (injury prone) and Duffy (inexperience + PL quality) with the new kid (experience) as cover.

While I don't doubt that long term Stones and Galloway will be a great defensive partnership, Richards provides that cover for now that allows them to develop without too much pressure.

I would take him as a cover for Jags, who was out quite a bit towards the end of last season with injury, is almost 32 and could be prone to more injuries in the later phase of his playing days.

While we have Stones and Dustbin, that only leaves Alcaraz (injury prone) and Duffy (inexperience + PL quality) with the new kid (experience) as cover.

While I don't doubt that long term Stones and Galloway will be a great defensive partnership, Richards provides that cover for now that allows them to develop without too much pressure.

To save someone else having to repeat themselves; he won't come as cover.

To save someone else having to repeat themselves; he won't come as cover

He has a better chance of getting game time with us than at City, and we are playing in Europe with a much smaller squad than city.

If he came I believe he would have displaced Jags by the end of the season - I think he might well think that to.

Edited by London Blue

He has a better chance of getting game time with us than at City, and we are playing in Europe with a much smaller squad than city.

If he came I believe he would have displaced Jags by the end of the season - I think he might well think that to.

You do realise Richards has been injury prone himself? So getting someone in to cover someone who has been injured a bit recently who has also been injured a lot recently doesn't really make sense.

Like I said earlier, it's telling that no one has come in for him during the past 2 years or so when he hasn't been getting been game time.

I know he has also suffered from injuries, but he is only 26, entering his prime, and a medical should identify any problems.

I think his wages and injury history have put suitors off, but he has talent and pace, and I think is the sort of player Martinez could really help to fulfill his potential.

If he comes and I hope he does, if he stays injury free I think he will be one of our first choice centre backs.

He would also provide better cover than Hibbo at right back.

Edited by London Blue