IGNORED

Kopite Thread

New rules will be written for them no doubt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50240295

How many players have they got in their squad? How many of the guys that played last night will feature in the World Club Cup? None. They've got the resources to put out two teams and plainly don't give a shit about the League Cup so send a squad to Qatar and play whoever stays home at Villa, sorted. To say they're 'not able to play' is nonsense.

34 minutes ago, MikeO said:

How many players have they got in their squad? How many of the guys that played last night will feature in the World Club Cup? None. They've got the resources to put out two teams and plainly don't give a shit about the League Cup so send a squad to Qatar and play whoever stays home at Villa, sorted. To say they're 'not able to play' is nonsense.

Could’ve sworn I put a link to this story here this morning. I must be going mad or put it somewhere else!

On 31/10/2019 at 17:22, MikeO said:

Heh heh, they've got hundreds of players.  2 years ago I had to host the u_18 team squad at work, a sort of exchange thing.  It was a bitter pill for me to swallow.  One of their star-players Curtis Jones (who scored the winning penalty in the EPL CUp tie), was hated by the all the other players and not just because he was on 15 grand a week at the age of 16, but mainly because he was an arrogant, rude little turd.  On that visit, when the squad had left one of the departments they were visiting, an engineering area with dangerous equipment, we noticed during a safety check that an important safety device had been switched off, one that could have endangered lives had it not been caught.  This caused an investigation, the finding; that someone had maliciously done it.  A little more investigating revealed the culprit, guess who it was?  Grassed up by his team mates who were all ashamed of him.  My boss went mad and wanted to put in a formal complaint against the club, but it was quickly swept under the carpet when LFC offered to host all the executives for a match.  2 years on and LFC have still not kept up their end of the bargain.  I'd like to be invited to go, if it ever happens, because I'd have great joy of telling them to stick it up their arse.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, pete0 said:

VVD treating a fan well. Only borrowed a quid but now sorting the fan out for every away day this season. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/much-loved-asda-worker-stunned-17318050?fbclid=IwAR1vruO-6xSakkE289z-QTZypcrsPgQbUbNl31oOLESYeAiSnF8bwJ89iR0

All very moving and lovely but at the same time all sponsored and paid for by "Nivea Men". When we do stuff like that it's us doing it, not a sponsor grabbing an advertising opportunity.

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

All very moving and lovely but at the same time all sponsored and paid for by "Nivea Men". When we do stuff like that it's us doing it, not a sponsor grabbing an advertising opportunity.

Bit tired didn't realise it was a gimmick one, I read it as he'd done the pound and then afterwards the sponsors helped out with the tickets. Shame, thought it was good will and they'd done it right for once. Oh well, looks like they're still gobshites 🙃