IGNORED

Kopite Thread

The BBC and its commentators have been all in for Liverpool in recent days. They deserved' to win. They were unlucky. It's unfair. They only lost because of 11 millimeters on VAR. The headlines were not "Can Man City repeat" but "Can Liverpool make history". It's sickening. The truth is, though, that only one headline warrants the front pages: "Everton stopped Liverpool from winning the title!" :)

(I was flying from New York to Gatwick today, but I managed to hear the final scores as we were boarding. It made for a happy flight.)

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

The BBC and its commentators have been all in for Liverpool in recent days. They deserved' to win. They were unlucky. It's unfair. They only lost because of 11 millimeters on VAR. The headlines were not "Can Man City repeat" but "Can Liverpool make history". It's sickening. The truth is, though, that only one headline warrants the front pages: "Everton stopped Liverpool from winning the title!" :)

(I was flying from New York to Gatwick today, but I managed to hear the final scores as we were boarding. It made for a happy flight.)

This, plus no one is discussing the massive points gap they threw away (Credit to Klopp, he’s the only one who has slightly hinted at it).

Only lost one game, 97 points - very very impressive. Dropping a 9 point lead with 2 months of the season left? Equally as impressive. 

The hilarity is that their fans are telling us that they finished over 40 points more than us......  that's the beauty!!  They should have won the league! 

It's like me going out and playing a round of golf - nailing every driver down the fairway, chipping in from bunkers, striking my irons beautifully, even getting jammy bounces...... shoot my lowest round and when I get into the clubhouse the local hotshot has gone one lower than me and he's just like "Yeah I played ok today".....

Enough to make you want to pack in the sport and take up tiddlywinks

On 13/05/2019 at 02:11, Cornish Steve said:

The ting that stopped Liverpool winning the league was City took 4 points off them.

16 minutes ago, Paddock said:

The ting that stopped Liverpool winning the league was City took 4 points off them.

They still had it in their own hands after those games though. They then dropped points at United and West Ham but they still had it in their own hands; when they arrived at Goodison on 3rd March it was still in their hands. When they left Goodison a few hours later it was City's to lose, therefore I think it's fair to say that it was us who stopped them winning the thing as it was the most recent cause:).

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

They still had it in their own hands after those games though. They then dropped points at United and West Ham but they still had it in their own hands; when they arrived at Goodison on 3rd March it was still in their hands. When they left Goodison a few hours later it was City's to lose, therefore I think it's fair to say that it was us who stopped them winning the thing as it was the most recent cause:).

If you want to get really specific, Michael Keane stopped them winning the league with that phenomenal tackle on Salah :D 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’m taking the missus out on a fancy dinner and hotel tour. Couldn’t care less about the game 

If I had a time machine and could nip forward to see a Spurs win I'd be in the local bar in Blue, as I have none of these things in place I'll just have a few beers and a little pray and then go to bed. That said I really don't want Spurs to win it either:(, lesser of two evils though.

i plan on watching it, i hope spurs win.  i feel like in many ways they are a club we are aspiring to.  getting a good young progressive manager, investing in the academy and young talented players, building a new stadium, seeing yearly CL qualification, keeping said young and talented players, and now the payoff.  

28 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Hope you are on the Greek sauce Mike!!

Just necked a large Metaxa mate, easing the pain. On top of which it was my mate's (who runs our "local") birthday today so I got a big strawberry and cream tart when I was down earlier. All good.

I’m watching, pulling for Spurs of course.

In US, CL rights this season belong to TNT/Bleacher Report.  Their studio coverage is a bit amateurish, though I’ve no objection to the addition of Steve Nash, famous NBA great, Canadian, lifelong Spurs fan.

How amateurish?  Well, first half the announcer feed was BT Sport (Fletcher, Jenas, McManaman).  Now second half, we get Tony Jones, David Pleat.  They’re all ok by me, but the incompetence of feed mix-up is hilarious.

27 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just necked a large Metaxa mate, easing the pain. On top of which it was my mate's (who runs our "local") birthday today so I got a big strawberry and cream tart when I was down earlier. All good.

I do like a Metaxa, first had one 40 years ago in Ayia Napa!!