IGNORED

Kopite Thread

• 1 month later...

And this lot call us bitter. They're gonna be unbearable once the league is official. Glad players like Gomes and Naismith gravitate to us than have players like that. (used to like Robinson, but he hasn't half become a bellend since joining them). 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/rivalries-liverpool-players-give-salty-interview-following-loss-to-atleti-20200219?source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR078zNw0-wtdF_eOViMlPz6PMOeCrQtlqyrv3M8X1_TxBY3h7d3vW45ZL8

• 3 months later...

Interesting insight to the quality of our neighbours in a BBC piece on the "miracle of Istanbul"  from Stephen Warnock...

"When I hear it described as being one of Liverpool's greatest ever nights, it leaves a very sour taste. It still hurts now, actually - the way it was handled was absolutely shocking.

I was in the original squad when the team sheet up was put up at the training ground a few days before the game, and I was absolutely ecstatic.

Then a couple of hours later, I got a call from Rafa Benitez's assistant, Pako Ayesteran, saying there had been a mistake. Josemi was in instead.

Even that was poor - the fact that Rafa did not have the bottle to ring me himself. He did speak to me briefly on the pitch after the game, but I was not in the mood at all, I was still seething.

I had been the same during the game. Don't get me wrong, it was never to the point where I wanted them to lose, because Liverpool were my club and they were my team-mates out there.

But it hurts when you are not involved and I was sitting there in the stands thinking about it the whole time. You almost switch off from what is happening in the game.

If you look at the celebrations afterwards, a lot of people are on all the different photos but I am nowhere to be seen. I couldn't bring myself to stand there, it just did not feel right - you feel like you have been let down.

The worst thing was the flight home, though. They put the wives of those who had played on the plane, ahead of some players who had made key contributions in Europe that season, which was just shocking.

We got back to John Lennon Airport on a later flight to the team and, when we landed, the victory parade had already started. You could not get to the bus because of the crowds, so I just went home.

That was the moment I made my mind up that I had to leave the club."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52771492

• 5 weeks later...

My youngest grandson on Sunday. Thing is his father has never been within a hundred miles of Liverpool and the little lad will just be brought up a plastic fan to fit in with his future peers who will also never get anywhere near Anfield; my eldest grandson is the same, 14 years old and wearing the red rag because his dad told him to.

For sure I indoctrinated my son and that made his young life a tough one as he was "different" but he's seen more games than all his peers combined.

Capture.JPG

50 minutes ago, MikeO said:

My youngest grandson on Sunday. Thing is his father has never been within a hundred miles of Liverpool and the little lad will just be brought up a plastic fan to fit in with his future peers who will also never get anywhere near Anfield; my eldest grandson is the same, 14 years old and wearing the red rag because his dad told him to.

For sure I indoctrinated my son and that made his young life a tough one as he was "different" but he's seen more games than all his peers combined.

Don't you live down South?

They really are scum. Most trying to justify the absolute dickheadary. 

- every teams fans would have celebrated the same. (even without social distancing I don't know of any team winning the league and turning up in droves outside the ground when they haven't even played themselves.)

- every teams fans have a nobhead. (Completely ignoring the 1000s cheering him on). 

- post a pic of an on an Everton fan that looks similar to the firework idiot. (so they codmened the firework idiot, well ish, then they get on their high horse and flip it saying look he's not one of us. They do similar regarding Heysel pushing blame, saying that one of the blokes arrested was a man city fan. What about all the others?!) 

- usually the council will have a clean up operation set up for the next day. (one, they celebrated the city defeat, no way the council should have had a clean up team scheduled. Two, it's fucking disgusting regardless, what type of person has that mentality to make a mess as someone else will clean it up). 

- unfair to post pics of the litter and not the clean up afterwards. (the clean up was by volunteers that incised some of their fans who were embarrassed by the rest of them and they do deserve credit, but they shouldn't have had to do it and it's incredible that Liverpool fans are trying to take credit for other people clearing up their mess). 

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Hate to say it but in Thiago and potentially Jota they have made some really good signings into what is already a strong group. 

Not sure what the big fuss is with Jota, he couldn't crack the lineup at Wolves.  Thiago i seen play for Bayern, i wasn't blown away, good player but i think they already have better in their squad.

Thiago is an unbelievable player, I was hoping that Barcelona would bring him home and sad to see that he has signed for the Shite. He will absolutely walk into their midfield and probably push Wijnaldum out of the club on the way. 

Not too concerned about the signing of Diego Jota, a real 5/10 player IMO. Just average, another Shaqiri. 

On 18/09/2020 at 18:48, markjazzbassist said:

Not sure what the big fuss is with Jota, he couldn't crack the lineup at Wolves.  Thiago i seen play for Bayern, i wasn't blown away, good player but i think they already have better in their squad.

I am a big fan of Jota. His movement is brilliant and he is a very talented and technical player. He will give them another dimension especially if and when one of Salah or Mane gets injured or is rested. 

He played 34 times in the league last season scoring 7 and played 14 times in europa scoring 9. He was a big player for Wolves.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

I am a big fan of Jota. His movement is brilliant and he is a very talented and technical player. He will give them another dimension especially if and when one of Salah or Mane gets injured or is rested. 

He played 34 times in the league last season scoring 7 and played 14 times in europa scoring 9. He was a big player for Wolves.

I can't see him playing much this season tbh, but in my opinion they've bought him because they're selling one of Salah or Mane next summer and he'll be the replacement now while clubs can't totally rinse them knowing how much they have.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I can't see him playing much this season tbh, but in my opinion they've bought him because they're selling one of Salah or Mane next summer and he'll be the replacement now while clubs can't totally rinse them knowing how much they have.

No he definitely won't replace one of those two if they are fit (or Firminho) but he is a better back up that Shaqiri, Origi and Minimino.

Personally I dont see why either of them would go and I think its probably more likely that it will be one of the other back ups that leaves. Even if you are right it is still a very smart move from them. 

Just watching Thiago come off the bench and he is going to add so much to them its scary. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2020 at 09:39, Romey 1878 said:

A massive amount (disproportionately so) of their players are down as having asthma. Whether it's actually legit that they have it is another story...

Hmmm. That's interesting.  Asthma? Most of them are absolute running machines. Do they get access to drugs if they are asthmatic? Which if you weren't asthmatic would be an enhancer?

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

All I will say is just remember what the drugs to treat asthma actually do... ;) 

Yep .... In the body of an unaffected person they enhance performance.  Bradley Wiggins .....

There are stories about caffeine cycling too.

Liverpools edge has been workrate... If true it's pure cheating.