IGNORED

Kopite Thread

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Rumours going round that Klopp has walked. 

I think it stemmed from a fake Joyce account and a few didn’t check and obviously it spread. I saw the fake tweet and clicked on to see the account had 50 odd followers so clearly a wind up!

As said already, I don’t like the man in a sporting sense, but got to feel for him. Poor bloke, many have had similar loss but maybe not in such a public role and it’s awful he can travel to another country for a football match but not for his mother’s funeral. Very sad.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jurgen-klopp-aims-dig-everton-23504592?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&fbclid=IwAR3bfxArnsPVw7uM-Cz4wa1rk9fmaAc5f27jjeMuxNuM59oLaTPrFijefIc

He said: "Nobody is happy with being fourth and only having 40 points and (potentially) being level on points with Everton."

Wonder how many condolences messages he's had off Evertonians this week. Man's got no class.

I don't pay attention to Liverpool or Klopp, but I think that is a genuinely disgusting statement considering he's having a dig at a fanbase who despite rivalry offered out their hand of support for him a difficult time. 

The lack of class is sadly not surprising, given how he has acted with BVB and Liverpool but it's still dissapointing all the same. 

55 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I don't pay attention to Liverpool or Klopp, but I think that is a genuinely disgusting statement considering he's having a dig at a fanbase who despite rivalry offered out their hand of support for him a difficult time. 

The lack of class is sadly not surprising, given how he has acted with BVB and Liverpool but it's still dissapointing all the same. 

And they use "rent free" against us constantly, can't remember any of our managers ever judging a season by our performance relative to them. Lots of us (me included) were worried when he got the job there because he was a nice guy and hard to dislike, but the red has seeped into him and he's become a grade A dick.

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

I actually don’t see the big deal. Tables reversed, I’d be pissed off being close to my old rivals. Don’t really see what the fuss is about. 

If any Everton manager judged their season on relative performance to Liverpool I'd be seriously pissed off, and reds would be all over it.

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

If any Everton manager judged their season on relative performance to Liverpool I'd be seriously pissed off, and reds would be all over it.

I'm not sure he really is. I imagine the question asked of him was along the lines of "how do you feel about being on 40 points and level with Everton?"

The bit that was missed off the quote is “But this is the Premier League. Nobody is happy with being fourth and only have 40 points and [potentially] being level on points with Everton and all these kind of things."

I read that as I am not happy with us being on 40 points, level with Everton (responding to the question) or anyone else (all these kind of things). Imagine winning the Champions League, being 2nd two seasons in a row and then winning the league and now you are 16 points off the top, behind West Ham, and in touching distance of us and Villa.

For example here is the reverse topic:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/carlo-ancelotti-admits-everton-are-not-equal-with-liverpool-despite-draw-1603056641000

Ancellotti responds to a question asked of him comparing his side to Liverpool. The difference being that for Liverpool being compared to us is a step down. Whereas us being compared to Liverpool is a step up.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I'm not sure he really is. I imagine the question asked of him was along the lines of "how do you feel about being on 40 points and level with Everton?"

The bit that was missed off the quote is “But this is the Premier League. Nobody is happy with being fourth and only have 40 points and [potentially] being level on points with Everton and all these kind of things."

I read that as I am not happy with us being on 40 points, level with Everton (responding to the question) or anyone else (all these kind of things). Imagine winning the Champions League, being 2nd two seasons in a row and then winning the league and now you are 16 points off the top, behind West Ham, and in touching distance of us and Villa.

For example here is the reverse topic:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/carlo-ancelotti-admits-everton-are-not-equal-with-liverpool-despite-draw-1603056641000

Ancellotti responds to a question asked of him comparing his side to Liverpool. The difference being that for Liverpool being compared to us is a step down. Whereas us being compared to Liverpool is a step up.

The question made no mention of Everton at all, not even hinted at, the reference came from him. Question at about 2'10", Everton reference at 4'10".

On 17/02/2021 at 11:21, pete0 said:

Hey, I'm not happy with only having 37 points and (potentially) being level on points with Liverpool, but I'm confident things will improve.

On 18/02/2021 at 15:05, MikeO said:

The question made no mention of Everton at all, not even hinted at, the reference came from him. Question at about 2'10", Everton reference at 4'10".

I take it back! What a scumbag! 

Hopefully we can rub that in and actually get level with them today! 

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4323772/father-of-liverpool-goalkeeper-alisson-drowns-in-brazil

Christ that is horrible. Thoughts are with him and his family right now, I can't imagine losing a loved one in that manner. 

We can laugh at what's happening to them on the pitch but off it it's another matter. First Klopp and now this, crazy.

37 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I’ve read in a few places - this fall from grace and total disaster is something that has happened very suddenly at all clubs Klopp has managed just before he leaves. Maybe his time is up in the summer and they go looking for an ex-player on the back of winning his first title as manager...

In his last season with Dortmund, they headed into the winter break rock bottom of the table after being in the top two for most of his tenure. The way he plays with the high press burns out his players and it's happening now with Liverpool.

They will probably need a full rebuild the way it looks. 

Seen Andy Robbo giving it the cliche riddled must do better nonsense last night.   Won't be rubbing Messi on the head for a while will he the arrogant little man. 

Milner, wijnaldum will be going, Salah looks like he's not happy.  Vvd will he get that recovery pace back?