IGNORED

Kopite Thread

48 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It's a pity Zidane never said:-

"The Santiago Bernabau is undergoing a huge makeover which hasn't involved us downgrading the area and removing residents who have lived all their lives in the area.  With the likes of Everton building a state of the art stadium on the iconic Mersey it's imperative that we stay with the times.  We did consider building an eyesore that looks like a giant holepunch but we aren't that cheap"

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because I don't tar them all with the same brush? Every club has dickheads fans 

Because it jus gets brushed under the carpet as "oh it's only a few of them". Not just by you, that isn't what I'm saying. The media will react the same and then their fans will do it again.

Pity that their need to be seen as superfans makes some of them behave like idiots.

On the eve of the Hillsborough anniversary it fuels the wrong agendas for other fabs who seem to believe the shit spouted by the sun.  I feel so sorry for the families of the 96.

Its quite clear that they have too many bad eggs otherwise the better behaved majority would sort this stuff out.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/19/jurgen-klopp-and-gary-neville-in-heated-row-over-liverpools-super-league-plans-14437724/?fbclid=IwAR1KXVruTN1Sc5A3GgsRU55wY0mpmqOH2EE8vSwfhZ_tKa5t9KdSofiKSqA

Klopp being 'spikey' as per usual. Don't get why the media are so nice to him. Any other manager reacts like him and they'd be back page news every week.

I know we go on quite a bit about how we dislike Liverpool fans a majority of the time, but I take my hat off to them for the way they protested against their owners for joining the ESL, I’m sure it helped the directors to change their stance, it’s refreshing when true football supporters but aside their rivalries for the good of all who believe in fairness and competition. 

33 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know we go on quite a bit about how we dislike Liverpool fans a majority of the time, but I take my hat off to them for the way they protested against their owners for joining the ESL, I’m sure it helped the directors to change their stance, it’s refreshing when true football supporters but aside their rivalries for the good of all who believe in fairness and competition. 

Quck scan of the early pages discussing it on RAWK shows a fair few being all for it, though could be that they were all from China I guess. Much talk of them being treated unfairly in England (ha:rolleyes:) and having (for example) "more respect in Madrid than Maidstone."

59 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Quck scan of the early pages discussing it on RAWK shows a fair few being all for it, though could be that they were all from China I guess. Much talk of them being treated unfairly in England (ha:rolleyes:) and having (for example) "more respect in Madrid than Maidstone."

As much as I'd love to bash them, RAWK is known for being a magnet for absolute balloons who post drivel in the name of Liverpool Football Club. It's good for a laugh to pass a rainy day, but not a collection of opinions to take seriously. 

The fans that I know and have seen online are all unanimously against the ESL and most Liverpool fans are also against FSG. The relationship with their owners wasn't the best to begin with, even before these new plans came to public knowledge and have only gone further now.

Most clubs (haven't seen Liverpool yet) are planning protests against their owners this weekend. United & Spurs are the two clubs pretty vocal at the moment in this regard.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I was referring to the fans who go to the matches and who went to Anfield on Monday night to show their disdain against their owners and directors for joining the ESL

And doing so for all the right reasons that genuine supporters would understand. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, MikeO said:

The free kick that led to their equaliser today, does anyone have the slightest clue what that was for? Nothing happened other than the ref getting in the way a bit, not sure West Brom should be penalised for that.

It should have been a drop ball, not a free-kick.