IGNORED

Kopite Thread

6 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’ve read in a few places - this fall from grace and total disaster is something that has happened very suddenly at all clubs Klopp has managed just before he leaves. Maybe his time is up in the summer and they go looking for an ex-player on the back of winning his first title as manager...

yeah i agree it will be gerrard, and the press about him being a "title winning manager" will be non stop and annoying.

New managers never stand the test of time.... Gerrard is one of them.  

Occasionally you get ones who hit lucky but you can't beat experience. 

I'd love for klopp to go cos he is a class manager and the best they can get. Gerrard I'm not so sure, huge pressure in managing your own club. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

New managers never stand the test of time.... Gerrard is one of them.  

Occasionally you get ones who hit lucky but you can't beat experience. 

If new managers never stood the test of time there would be no experienced managers:huh: Weren't all experienced managers new managers once?

Guardiola (for example) was a "new" manager when he won three league titles, two domestic cups and two CLs at Barcalona (not done bad since). Did he hit lucky? Not to mention Dalglish (keeping in kopite).

11 hours ago, MikeO said:

If new managers never stood the test of time there would be no experienced managers:huh: Weren't all experienced managers new managers once?

Guardiola (for example) was a "new" manager when he won three league titles, two domestic cups and two CLs at Barcalona (not done bad since). Did he hit lucky? Not to mention Dalglish (keeping in kopite).

It was a poorly made post that I half finished and cane back to and sent. 

My intended point is that barring the odd exceptions new/inexperienced managers need to spend few years cutting their teeth and making mistakes at lower clubs.

Making mistakes and failing makes you a better manager but you don't get time to do this at the top end.

Liverpool will not allow Gerrard the time to assemble a team and see it fail and rebuild it.  If he gets the Liverpool job and fails the same way lampard has then it will take him far longer to get back to where he was. 

Klopp’s team have peaked, there’s nothing else for him or his best players to do at A field now. The likes of Mane, Salah et al will all want to fuck of to Madrid or Italy on megabucks deals now but c19 will put paid to that. So they’ll kick about getting stale where they are for now. Isn’t that a shame?

1 hour ago, badaids said:

Klopp’s team have peaked, there’s nothing else for him or his best players to do at A field now. The likes of Mane, Salah et al will all want to fuck of to Madrid or Italy on megabucks deals now but c19 will put paid to that. So they’ll kick about getting stale where they are for now. Isn’t that a shame?

They will rue this season big time.

They had the makings of a very good team who would win a trophy most seasons from now and for the next few years. 

All they needed to do was at least be in the race - now all eyes are on them... Questions being asked, people laughing at pathetic excuses. The critical players like Salah, mane, vvd will be looking at their last big transfer and signing on fees. 

If klopp is savvy and he looks at man city potentially getting Haarland in - then as far as I'm concerned that's it for the league for the next few years especially with Foden likely to cement himself as a top player in world football.  He will be looking at the likes of Barcelona and know that if he wants to manage there then now is the time. 

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Shite will be lucky to finish top half this season 😂

Robbie Earle just now: "Jurgen Klopp used to say this team was full of mentality monsters. They've turned into mentality mice."

If they were really mentality monsters they wouldn't have fell apart like this.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

This is fucking brilliant.  Best team in Europe blah blah blah ..... Just shit. 

Worst collapse I've seen title wise .... 9 points clear at Christmas weren't they? 

Christmas Day they were four points clear with 31 points from 14 games, since then 12 points from 14. Relegation form.