IGNORED

Kopite Thread

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Klopp came into that club a decent man and had become the biggest douche in the league.  He’s become the biggest woe is me whiner and complainer.  He won the league and CL, and he still bitches like a 3 year old.

Fergie did that up until the day he retired!

On 22/01/2021 at 09:21, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i couldn't stand him either.  wenger too.  then you see a man like Carlo, let's his talking be known on the pitch, off it he's a gentleman.  doesn't bad mouth the refs, doesn't trash the other managers.  pure class.  

There are few like that, but not many. I'd include Benitez in that category, and also Roberto. Too many these days do whine and complain, rather like players doing the same on the pitch. Falling at the drop of a hat falls into the same category, and it spoils the game.

On 22/01/2021 at 14:21, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i couldn't stand him either.  wenger too.  then you see a man like Carlo, let's his talking be known on the pitch, off it he's a gentleman.  doesn't bad mouth the refs, doesn't trash the other managers.  pure class.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/51707268

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39637306&ved=2ahUKEwif2LamkbXuAhVJQMAKHToiALYQFjADegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw1-0fxGz3YE0rB4vJVfl8a6

I know what you mean though, but I don't think Klopp is particularly disrespectful. He is an energetic personality and his teams play in his mould. He is just a passionate man and that spills over some times. Carlo is the opposite, but I don't think that means Klopp isn't a decent bloke off the pitch, same with Fergie and Wenger. They are all very well respected outside of the heat of battle.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Let's hope City give them a clobbering over the weekend. That means they would head into the derby on the back of 3 straight home defeats, two of which were Burnley and Brighton 😂

Which would mean they thrash us 7-0 especially with the gloating going on :unsure:

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

They've played seven games against the bottom six and only won one of them (2-1 Sheff Utd). Klopp says they're "not fresh mentally and physically" (because nobody else is playing as many games as them are they?) but looks to me like arrogance, the same thing we were guilty of against Newcastle. 

I thought he would blame the 5 subs he didn’t get.  He’s a whiner

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

They've played seven games against the bottom six and only won one of them (2-1 Sheff Utd). Klopp says they're "not fresh mentally and physically" (because nobody else is playing as many games as them are they?) but looks to me like arrogance, the same thing we were guilty of against Newcastle. 

His tactics need the opposing team to attack and leave themselves vulnerable. Mane has it in his locker to break through on his own, Firminio has the talent to find a pass but they have him run round like a headless chicken instead. They have exactly the same squad as last year, just shows how much the refs took the piss helping them last year to go on that run.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

His tactics need the opposing team to attack and leave themselves vulnerable. Mane has it in his locker to break through on his own, Firminio has the talent to find a pass but they have him run round Luke a headless chicken instead. They have exactly the same squad as last year, just shows how much the refs took the piss helping them last year to go on that run.

To be fair, they have not had anywhere near the same CB situation as last year. So while it's a little hyperbolic to say they have the exact same squad as last year, the thing that's been baffling to me is that it hasn't really been their defense that's been the issue.

It's been the attack, which has been the exact same as last year. Between the 1-1 draw with West Brom and the 0-0 draw with United, they started every match with Salah, Firmino and Mane, who were all banging goals in last year. And they scored once in those 4 games. 

It's been a real highlight of 2021 to see Klopp's sad face so often.

10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

To be fair, they have not had anywhere near the same CB situation as last year. So while it's a little hyperbolic to say they have the exact same squad as last year, the thing that's been baffling to me is that it hasn't really been their defense that's been the issue.

It's been the attack, which has been the exact same as last year. Between the 1-1 draw with West Brom and the 0-0 draw with United, they started every match with Salah, Firmino and Mane, who were all banging goals in last year. And they scored once in those 4 games. 

It's been a real highlight of 2021 to see Klopp's sad face so often.

It's not just the CB situation though, they are taking their best defensive midfielder out of midfield and playing him at the back and then even Henderson, who is a huge player for them, is fitting in at the back when required. There is no dispute that they are weaker at the back. They are conceding goals they shouldn't and that creates more anxiety as you move through the team so the problem is throughout the whole team.

As an example, from an xG perspective they are still 2nd in expected goals scored and 3rd in expected goals against. Last season they were 3rd in xG for and 4th in xG against.

At this stage last season they were about 5 goals scored worse off and 5 goals against worse off as well (xG and xGA) which also shows the difference compared to last season.

Unfortunately they aren't a team I would write off. I think it will be difficult for them to get back into the league this season but next season I think they will bounce back and I would expect their better players to return to the type of goal scoring form they were in the last few years.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool-engliverpool/story/4307708/klopp-liverpool-struggling-with-fatigueno-break-like-man-city

Klopp now saying the reason City are leading is because they had a "two week break" due to covid. 

He's becoming a caricature of himself.

he is the biggest whiner.  everyone loved him before he got to liverpool, now he's such a bitch

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

I hope we beat them in the derby last minute and ancelotti storms onto the pitch hugging the players the same way Klopp did. I am certain Klopp wouldn’t receive such an action as humbly as Marco did.

Was watching a 2018/19 highlights video, and that one popped up. And I was still seething, two years on, watching him running around the pitch like he'd won the world cup. 

I will also never forget or forgive Jordan for that mistake. No matter what he ends up doing for us in the future (which hopefully won't be past this season), that was the moment I stopped having any faith in him

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

To be fair to Klopp, he is right isn't he? 

It was a massive benefit at that time of the season to have a break (as it was to us and Villa too). It will catch up to all of us eventually, but especially City when Europe starts again. 

I'm usually one to try and find the other side of it (see above post about their squad this season), but no, he's not right. Sure, it was a massive benefit to have 8 days off (not 2 weeks, so he's about a week off there.) But to basically say that the reason they're leading is because they had time off is a man who's grasping at straws and desperate to deflect attention away from his team's horrible form. They're leading the league because they're the best team in the league. End of story.

14 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm usually one to try and find the other side of it (see above post about their squad this season), but no, he's not right. Sure, it was a massive benefit to have 8 days off (not 2 weeks, so he's about a week off there.) But to basically say that the reason they're leading is because they had time off is a man who's grasping at straws and desperate to deflect attention away from his team's horrible form. They're leading the league because they're the best team in the league. End of story.

Sorry I misread the post I quoted.

No I agree its not the reason they are leading but it is a big factor in whey they have held their form a little better over this period compared to others. It was the perfect time for a break, regardless of whether it was 2 weeks or 8 days etc.

I think people read too much into what managers say. All they are doing is trying to motivate their own players and get under the skin of opposition managers and players.