IGNORED

Europa League Watch

"Sky saying to get to Krasnodar you have to fly to Moscow then drive 20 hours as there are no direct flights."

That can't be true... can it?

No, should be easy. i flew in from Chicago via Zurich in 2003.

No, it's not true. In fact, unlike most Russian airports, which are an hour from the associated city, this airport (as I remember) is quite close to the centre.

Also the warmest part of Russia. Early October will be quite pleasant. Their stadium is a pile of garbage and they've been up and down between Russian 1st and 2nd division for the last decade. Bit like Hull getting. We should win both legs even with a younger/2nd choice squad.

I live in Jersey, Channel Islands and St Malo, France is only a 45 minute boat. I've already booked it for Lille away. Come on Everton!!! (lets hope we get a good batch of tickets!)

Still quite a journey from St Malo James; will you drive or is the train an option? Good luck with the ticket; think they'll be very hard to come by for a game so close to home.

Still quite a journey from St Malo James; will you drive or is the train an option? Good luck with the ticket; think they'll be very hard to come by for a game so close to home.

I know Mike tickets are going to be like gold dust! I just want to go over to soak up the atmosphere and maybe come across some tickets over there, even in the home end. Trains the option so far mate.

Hi!

I support Lille, and that will be a very difficult group. Great to play against Everton, a team I really appreciate. I hope you will be a lot to come in Lille. That's a beautiful city and you're welcome in our stadium. :happy:

Nice first post. Look forward to playing a good side.

Hi!

I support Lille, and that will be a very difficult group. Great to play against Everton, a team I really appreciate. I hope you will be a lot to come in Lille. That's a beautiful city and you're welcome in our stadium. :happy:

Thanks for joining, keep us posted on how your season's going; seven points from the first three games I see so a decent start.

Hello from Wolfsburg.

Great to have you in our group! This is probably the most interesting group this year. I think Lille, Wolfsburg and Everton are

approximately on the same level. I'm not sure about Krasnodar. I've never seen them but they won 3-0 against San Sebastian which is impressive. Of course it's going to be tough to make it in the 1/16-final but I rather take a strong group than a boring one.

I know that many Wolfsburg supporters wanted to play against Everton (or Tottenham). I talked to a few friends and most of them plan to travel to Liverpool on September 18th. So I think there will be about 2,000 Wolfsburg supporters at Goodison Park which is pretty much when you keep in mind that Wolfsburg only has 120,000 inhabitants. I will also be there and I'm very happy because your stadium is one of my favorite ones. I really like these old, traditional english stadiums build in the city centre.

Our team really improved since we got our new manager Klaus Allofs and the coach Dieter Hecking in 2012 (manager and coach is not the same in german clubs). We now have a young and very talented team with players like Rodriguez, de Bruyne, Malanda, Arnold, Knoche, Guilavogui and Jung who are all younger than 25.

We also have experienced players such as Luiz Gustavo, Olic, Benaglio, Naldo and Perisic.

Unfortunately you bought our transfer target Lukaku. We were looking for a top striker but it wasn't possible for us to pay that much although we are one of the richest german teams. I think it is going to be interesting with Nicklas Bendtner now. He is a talented player. Hopefully Wolfsburg is the right place for him.

Are some of you planning to follow Everton to Wolfsburg ? If you have any questions concerning the club, Wolfsburg, the nearest airport etc. I'm happy to help you.

Our stadium is nearly 12 years old. It is located about 15-20 minutes by foot from the city centre and the main train station. In Bundesliga there is enough space for 30,000 spectators. Unfortunately you are not allowed to stand in international matches. So in the Europa League there will be only 26,000 people allowed.

Best wishes

WolfsburgFan :)

Welcome to the site, love the interaction with opposition fans when we're in Europe. Certainly going to be an interesting group, thanks for your input; though I'm a bit concerned you connected the words "Bendtner" and "talented". He's been a total disaster over here, albeit a legend in his own mind.

If you come into Paris from Eurodisney, you can get a train from gare du nord that will only take 60 minutes.

Silly question, but never been to a european match. Where can i get tickets from, and when do they go on sale?

I can tell you exactly how it would go...

"What you're going to watch Everton in the middle of our family holiday? Are you serious? I have to put up with it most of the year, our only family day together (sundays the only day kids her and SOMETIMES I'm off) is already ruined because you now go the match because they're in Europe (prob not as technical as saying we're in Europe but similar) and now you want to go and leave me and Sam to watch them, can't the pair of you just put football away for once so we can enjoy a holiday together" and onnnnnnnn it would go.

Although as I'm driving off in a hire car with Lille's ground punched in the sat nav saying "we'll be back in about six hours love see you soon we love youuuuuu" is very tempting.

It's the time we would get back from the game as well in all seriousness that's putting me off. We're out at the crack every morning in the parks so I'm going to have to give this one a wide berth.

Looks like it may have to be Wolfsburg if I can make it.

Welcome to the site, love the interaction with opposition fans when we're in Europe. Certainly going to be an interesting group, thanks for your input; though I'm a bit concerned you connected the words "Bendtner" and "talented". He's been a total disaster over here, albeit a legend in his own mind.

Thank you ! I also appreciate the opportunity to discuss football with fans from other countries. We qualified for the first time since 2009 when we were German Champion.

Playing international matches is always a big deal for our club.

My word this is a stark reminder of how far our team has come!

But that team got us through the group stages (and if we hadn't have had the dreadful late cock up at home to Sporting we may well have got further, mentioning no names Rodwell/Distin); so we'll see how far we've come in a few months time :).

• 3 weeks later...

I can't put into words just how excited I am about going to this game on Thursday. Goodison under the floodlights is special.

I've got a work outing that day so I'm praying that I can get home in time to watch it. Won't be at Goodison, obviously, but still really excited / nervous for the game :)