IGNORED

Sunderland (A)

Deacs

Guest millwallforever

How many points have dropped from games we should have won?

Leicester: 2

Arsenal: 2

Palace: 3

Swansea: 2

Sunderland: 2

Lucky points won:

Liverpool: 1

That's 10 points down the drain.

Guest millwallforever

I really think we should send Ross out on loan to a different league. Not sure why but other than a few powerful runs he just doesn't seem very effective this season.

Can't put my finger on it, maybe it's expectation?

I thought Ross did well.

So that's now 3 wins from 11 games. Everyone laughing at Newcastle and saying they should sack Pardew, everone buzzing off the shite yet they've wone more games than us and same points , Newcastle are above us... 3 wins in 11 and 1 in 5 home games. How people cannot be alarmed at those stats is beyond me but it's ok we're doing well in Europa.

Wait until we play a decent team in knockouts and get twatted then it will dawn on some that we're going to finish about 8th this season and we really are not good enough.

Wehave been shite for the most part of this season and those stats are worrying.

So take this into the positivity thread and shove it up your arses.

Not literally obviously and apologies in advance if I've offended anyone as it's not directed at anyone in particular either but I'm seriously pissed off right now and I have no idea why because I knew that was going to happen today.

Martinez can fuck right off with any positive dog shit that comes out his mouth after that display... And it will ?????

This is a very frustrating team. They've dominated possession in the last two PL games but haven't scored in the run of play. Something just isn't working in the final 3rd. Lacking creativity to break through (though Eto'o's pass was fantastic).

I agree with what has been said above...this is a near top of the table team that is drastically underperforming. Sure injuries have hurt, but injuries don't excuse giving up late goals against LC and Arsenal. Injuries don't excuse Howard's mindboggling decisions that led to goals from Crystal Palace and Sunderland.

I suppose I have to hope that we find our form--there are 27 games and a transfer window to go.

i am a novice when watching soccer but i thought lukaku showed TREMENDOUS improvement in many areas of his game. he didn't score on that opportunity but his touch and layoffs have been markedly better than at any point this season. why do many of you say he played like shite? can someone explain what he did poorly so i can know what to look for in future matches?

Guest millwallforever

Howard was lucky to get away with his stunt towards the end of the gamre. He was outside the penalty area and ought to abide by the rules applicable to outfield players.

He literally lies down on top of the ball, thus

(i) deliberately impeding the progress of the opponent (FIFA rulebook 2010/11, p. 33)

(ii) engaging in unsporting behavior. (Ibid. p. 34)

(iii) denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick. (ibid. p. 35)

§ (iii) is a sending-off offence according to FIFA.

Edited by millwallforever

I'm down on this particular game...but if you look at the league, apart from Chelsea, is anyone team not losing? It's as open as any season has been.

Take a look at the table. Look at the 'Lost' column. This is a massively competitive league...no one is guaranteed a win.

Yeah only 3 wins in 11, but also only 3 loses. Only 4 teams have lost less. The difference will come as winter kicks in. Always does. The squads with less quality in depth start to suffer.

i am a novice when watching soccer but i thought lukaku showed TREMENDOUS improvement in many areas of his game. he didn't score on that opportunity but his touch and layoffs have been markedly better than at any point this season. why do many of you say he played like shite? can someone explain what he did poorly so i can know what to look for in future matches?

The easiest thing will be for you to watch the Lille game and then watch this one again. That will explain a lot.

Wasnt able to watch game. Appears it wasn't a bad thing. Listened to commentary and Sharpy was pissed off with Lukakus inability to control and hold the ball. Pointed out that Fletcher does that with minimal fuss.

This is my whole point about Lukaku, he is not going to be a reliable player. It's not about being a poacher, it's about retaining the ball.

So that's now 3 wins from 11 games. Everyone laughing at Newcastle and saying they should sack Pardew, everone buzzing off the shite yet they've wone more games than us and same points , Newcastle are above us... 3 wins in 11 and 1 in 5 home games. How people cannot be alarmed at those stats is beyond me but it's ok we're doing well in Europa.

Wait until we play a decent team in knockouts and get twatted then it will dawn on some that we're going to finish about 8th this season and we really are not good enough.

Wehave been shite for the most part of this season and those stats are worrying.

So take this into the positivity thread and shove it up your arses.

Not literally obviously and apologies in advance if I've offended anyone as it's not directed at anyone in particular either but I'm seriously pissed off right now and I have no idea why because I knew that was going to happen today.

Martinez can fuck right off with any positive dog shit that comes out his mouth after that display... And it will

We just ain't that good! Super Kev is a huge miss going forward. Didn't see the game today, so can't comment. But I'm with you on Martinez can't work out if he's going to take us to the next or he really is the great pretender a bluffer & bullshitter. His positivity after shit displays rubs me up the wrong way and that why I can't listen to him.

Guest millwallforever

Wasnt able to watch game. Appears it wasn't a bad thing. Listened to commentary and Sharpy was pissed off with Lukakus inability to control and hold the ball. Pointed out that Fletcher does that with minimal fuss.

This is my whole point about Lukaku, he is not going to be a reliable player. It's not about being a poacher, it's about retaining the ball.

I used to think of Lukaku as the beast while he was at WBA; now I think of him as the kitten...he certainly squealed like one during that ice bucket challenge. NO BALLS!

he wasn't great today but he did ok in the first half. Not sure what Sharpy was complaining about, did he offer the same criticism to Eto'o how messed up a few times, or to Barkley, or Gibson.

It's a shame that being a record signing means you're the scapegoat for a team. He wasn't good even, but he was working hard again, won a lot of ariel bouts (no one backing up again). By far from his best game, nowhere near his worst. He contributed as much as half the team today, but that doesn't say much.

That's right , the entire team plays shite so simgle Lukaku out.

You have a point with him Haf, he's been poor so far this season but to just single him out today is ridiculous.

Thing is Haf, we don't create many chances as a team. We're all tip tap pass side ways type football. We break forward, we stop, we check and go sideways and then back. We don't create enough chances and when Lukaku draws blanks he gets leathered. Nobody mentions the fact he has to come so deep to get the ball and get involved he struggles to then create. He's not a creative forward, he's a goal scorer. It's what he does and he is very VERY good at it but in this side he doesn't get presented with manychancesso hehas to go looking for himself which invariably ends in frustration for both him and the fans and then when he does get his one chance in a game if he misses it it sticks out like adogsdick because it's one of the very very few we did create.

If he was missing 3-5 really good chances a game I would see your point but he isn't. He usually tucks any real chance away he gets the probem is him getting them because we don't createfull stop. All this 67% posession is fucking useless without creating chances. Teams are having 35% posession or the likes against us and creating twice as many chances. Sides are wise to us now, lesser (for want of a better word) teams are happy to give us the ball sit deep with ten men behind the ball and ask us to break them down, when they do that we struggle like fuck.

Our issue is against teams like Sunderland and Swansea in the past week who don't want to attack us. We are struggling with creativity when the opposition put lots of players behind the ball. I'm less worried when we come up against the so called bigger teams. Time will tell but I'm still less negative than most.

If he was missing 3-5 really good chances a game I would see your point but he isn't. He usually tucks any real chance away he gets the probem is him getting them because we don't createfull stop. All this 67% posession is fucking useless without creating chances. Teams are having 35% posession or the likes against us and creating twice as many chances. Sides are wise to us now, lesser (for want of a better word) teams are happy to give us the ball sit deep with ten men behind the ball and ask us to break them down, when they do that we struggle like fuck.

Very true. Our possession goes side to side then back and then side to side. I think they need to be a bit more direct in their approach because teams are just sitting back and not feeling threatened.

We are missing something in the final third and that is packing the box with ample strikers. So many times we had the ball in the final third with only Lukaku in the box. It is really difficult to score when you are trying to aim a cross at one guy that is being covered by 5 defenders. We just need the hunger again. I don't care if we were away, RM needs to tell his players that we are there to win. It is not about the quality of the players, but about the complacency of the manager!

We are missing something in the final third and that is packing the box with ample strikers. So many times we had the ball in the final third with only Lukaku in the box. It is really difficult to score when you are trying to aim a cross at one guy that is being covered by 5 defenders. We just need the hunger again. I don't care if we were away, RM needs to tell his players that we are there to win. It is not about the quality of the players, but about the complacency of the manager!

We have no creativity in central midfield. Our number 10's are not creative enough. Unless you want to look at it like Bailey and count the second assist that is....

It's quite evident the English sides have sussed Martinez style out. Where is his plan B?

We were crying out for a goal scorer, we bought lukaku for stupid money. He was bought for stupid money to score the one on one against the keeper and put us on the front foot. He didn't do that, he's shit.

Look at your manager for that who doesn't se to get any criticism at all. However if we created more chances for Lukaku he'd score more.

We have no creativity in central midfield. Our number 10's are not creative enough. Unless you want to look at it like Bailey and count the second assist that is....

It's quite evident the English sides have sussed Martinez style out. Where is his plan B?

I though Gibson was our solution to that in your opinion? Didn't see much of the game today but he did very little from what I hear.